Bagged Rocco Is Back!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
xypher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
With a: Manual box
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Duo Tone Leather (black/brown)
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Re: Bagged Rocco

Post by xypher »

ok, serious downdate at the moment!

last thursday i had an accident...

i was standing in front of the red lights when a old van ran into me at the back :mad:

thank god i was in my right and my insurance will pay for the costs,
but the guy didn't have any insurance + he was driving with 0.9 promile in his blood (he said to the police it came from natural medication but i doubt it)

my tail light was destroyed, rear left rim is half destroyed, bumper is heavily damaged, and my back axle has moved...

"up"date: i'm just back from the garage and this is what they said: fixing the car completly will take about 2 months cause there going to close from 21 juli till 16 aug. so it should be ready around mid sept. it ain't sure yet if the car will have to be re checked by the state (dunno what u call it) cause the axle has been moved.
my rim will be repayed if they know the original value of it buying it new (rims are around 15 years old and can't be bought new but if they have a price they will repay it)

davidaffy
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box

Re: Bagged Rocco (accident)

Post by davidaffy »

Gosh, the rim looks really bad. But it twist like an old 15 year old rim. Over here in Singapore, VW's turnaround is just as bad for any repairs, they don't keep most parts, will always indent from Germany...but at least they do give us a replacement beetle.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sorry to hear this as one of my fav roccos on forum as love the colour and think it suits the theme of the car
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
kenti
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

Gutted for you, man. Hope you get it sorted out quickly, and don't have to drive around in a 1.1 Polo replacement car for several months... But after all, main thing is that nobody was hurt during the crash.
Colt Seevers
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Colt Seevers »

Wounded for you :-(
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

wigit wrote:sorry to hear this as one of my fav roccos on forum
Honestly left speechless. Feel terrible for you! Glad to hear you're okay though!
xypher
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Re: Bagged Rocco (accident) [Black Oak Brown/Dark Oak]

Post by xypher »

he's back people!

to make a long story short it took 2 months to rebuild and alot of money (thank god my insurance covered that!) but he's back!
dunno what to do with the rim yet, center looks ok but the question remains if i want to fix it or not, i might just look for another set, dunno yet.

i installed my dumb valve alswell and my carbon parts arrived yesterday zo mounted those aswell!

the rocco stays like this till after the winter and then i'lw put the air en some rims on again.

and a pic of the place it got hit + rebuilt
roccosmodernlife
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver

Re: Bagged Rocco Is Back!

Post by roccosmodernlife »

Hey man glad to see the damage has been completely repaired. Looks like new again. Good luck getting into the modding again. I look forward to seeing any new work you do to the car :-)
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

thx man, i'm very pleased aswell!

so, today i went to get me some new rims! :D
20", 9 wide @ the front ET42 with a 2" lip and 10 @ the back ET50 with a 3.5" lip

at the back (i still have room for a little finger between the rim and the shocks)

at the front:

mmm :nod:
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Back to it's former glory!

looks lovely.
Rolling Deep...
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

thx, the rims we're guessed on an other forum so here bye i will post te real pics! + photoshop

:yummy: :nod: :yummy:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

insane and my guilty pleasure car, love it
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Blaine
In: Candy White
Options: 18 Inch Interlagos In Gloss Black, Window Tints, RNS-510, Dynaudio, Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof; Wing Mirrors

Post by Blaine »

car is beautifull.... buttt damnnnnn those rims are uglyyyyy!
02 - 11 - 2012 : Golf Mk6 GTI 210 - Candy White

16 - 07 - 2011 : Scirocco 2011 1.4 TSi 122 - Candy White

16 - 04 - 2011 : Golf Mk5 2007 1.9 TDi S - Gloss White

11 - 01 - 2011 : Vauxhall Corsa Limited Edition 2011 1.2 SXi - Glacier White
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

a quick update here, airride is mounted again, got myself some R taillights and got my bluethooth placed last week!

xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

Ericske
In: Night Blue
Options: Black Leather VIENNA, RNS510 / Dynaudio / MDI for iPod / Bluetooth, Light Assist, XDS, 18" Interlagos, sunroof, CruiseControl, boardcomputer Premium, electronic airco, folding mirrors, no badges and a bunch of other stuff i can't (yet) translate.. ;)

Post by Ericske »

That's extremely cool, hope to see it irl someday...one of (if not THE) meanest Roc's i came across on the forums.. :clap:
Ordered: 14/01/12 - Build: 16/02/12 - Arrival in Brussels: 16/03/12 - First time drive: 30/04/12

Ericske's Rocco
zid

Post by zid »

mannnnn, i love the air ride. do u have any pics that show step by step when u install Air ride? where to buy the whole kit that just plug n ride? how much was ut cost? plz tell me more detail about it. thanks
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

Im from belgium so the price and place mounted is irrelevant i guesse, it cost me 1800€ though, and there is'nt much to it, front shocks have bags mounted on them already so u just have to replace the shocks, at the back i got a bag instead of the spring and an adjustable shock beside it, this is how my trunk looks like ;)

zid

Post by zid »

do you have step by step guide or showing what have u done to install air ride bro? so i keep the OEM shock? just replace the spring by bags right?
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

oem shocks won't work with bags, u'll need special shocks that will go low enough and got the bags mounted on already at the front, another way to do it is get yourself an static lowering kit and get bags mounted on that but i can't help u with the how to on that part, u'll better talk to a pro for that ;)