Bagged Rocco Is Back!

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
xypher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Dark Oak
With a: Manual box
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Duo Tone Leather (black/brown)
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Bagged Rocco Is Back!

Post by xypher »

Hello, my name is Kevin and i'm from Belgium, i have my rocco for about 3 months now and i thought is was time to introduce myself on this forum as well!

So i ordered my rocco in the begin of january, here are some specs at that time:
1.4 tsi 122hp
Black Oak Brown
Premium pack (rns 310, park assist, panoramic top, climatronic, light/sight module with closing mirrors, multifunctional steering wheel)
Dynaudio
no spare tire
Cruise Control
Tinted rear windows
Xenon
Leather Vienna duo tone (brown vs. black)

after a long time waiting and waiting (about 3 months but it looked like 6) i finally got the call that my rocco had arrived!

then after a week or so it was time for the first changes, rear window wiper cleaned:

then i also changed all the interior lights with white leds

and cause i love the US light function (but wasen't able to vagcom this cause it doesn't work after build year 2008 or so... :shrug: i changed my little front lights with orange ones

the the golf V gti pedals came in place! no pics of that cause everyone knows them by now i guesse
soon after that came the biggest change... new rims + air ride installed:

then the new meeting season started so some on the road pics as well

the next mod is being ordered as we speak, open air filter by K&N, and i'm asking the dealer if it's possible to chip my engine but still keep my waranty, cause i read somewhere that it's possible.

well, thats it for now, commentz are welcome :vibes:
Last edited by xypher on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cornelce

Re: Bagged Rocco

Post by cornelce »

Those rims look the shizzle! How muchhh? Overall love your mods, car's looking stunning and also great choice of colour!
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

Damn good looking rocco you have there! What's the make and specs of the wheels and tyres?
playing in my '86
xypher
Options: Premium Pack (rns 310, Park Assist, Climatronic, Light/Sight module with moving mirrors, Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

thx, i'm also in love with the color! :nod:

the rims are Lorinser RSK 2 19" and i got them second handed for 1800€
gave them a high glosh polish cure and they looked like new (altough the rims are about 15 years old... 8) )

tires are Vredestein Ultra Sessanta, 225/35/19 and cost me about 900 mounted ;)

things i wanne do next are painting me "doorskirts" and maybe parts of the front grill + the side caps at each side of my rear window (u know the once that are original high gloss black) in the same black oak brown color as the car itself

if the time is there i might as well fill up my number plate gap in my front bumper and use a static plate instead, time will tell!

still thinking about adding another exhaust but not sure if it's really needed, but then yet again, nothing is "really needed"... :p
i've read somewhere that it's possible to mouth the one of a 2.0 causing it to give that little extra "roar" and offcourse the exaust tips, does anybody knows if this is just plug and play or not?

and last but not least another pic for u guys showing the real beauty of the color vs. rims! 8)
sciroccorocket
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: Parking Sensors Pano roof Sat Nav

Post by sciroccorocket »

sorry the rims just dont do it for me
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

you'll always have the lovers and the "haters", that's what makes life so interesting!
so i appreciate your comment! at least you're being honest :nod:

i'm expecting the air filter to arrive in about a week and a half max. btw, and i'm working on a little "movie" about the rocco as well, will keep you'll updated!
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

First time i see someone order this interior on here, looks great :yes: about the rims issue i like them but at the same time i hate them (50-50 for me) they seem to make the car look so dub, that i feel the ride would be really harsh. Anyway as long as you like it its all good. Again, welcome to the forum and congrats :yes:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

thx, i neither have seen my interior anywhere else and that's what makes it so great! at first i wanted to have the cornsik/black (u know like the milky white vs. black) but my dealer suggested me to take the brown cause it would look great with the color of the car itself, normally it can't be done cause those type of seats could only be ordered icw the black magic pearl color but my dealer did some calls and made it happen, and i'm loving it !

you're exactly right about one thing with the rims, from the start i wanted to make the rocco more dub style, cause i think it suits it well cause it has a wider body at the rear.

about the ride being "harsh", i can tell you it def. isn't! my air sits on koni shock brakers and i must say, they run smoother then static kits i have run with "on a gV"

thx for the comment!
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

the sun was shining very bright yesterday so it was ideal for a little m&g!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i'm not normally a fan of bags but on a brown rocco its a big thumbs up from me, really suits the car
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

thaha, dunno what the color brown makes it better on a rocco but Hey, thanks! :p
i drive as low as i would when i would be static with the rocco, maybe even lower, but the luxury of pressing the button when there is a really bad road or whatever is priceless!
Mr Aris
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box

Post by Mr Aris »

Amazing wheels, the only color that will put me in thoughts instead of white candy if I re-purchased car. F@@@ing good interior! Your baby is beautiful :clap: :yes:
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

Well, i must say at first i didn't really liked the color white, cause the car looses it's dynamic, but after i've seen some rocco's with some black mods, i must say it looks stunning!

But in my eyes it couldn't tip the BOB color, the real beauty comes alife when the sun is shining really bright, as you can see in the last pic, it got abit of gold in it which makes it "sparkle" so nice :clap:

So thx for the comment!
I'm a proud father... :nod:
kenti
In: Deep Black
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

xypher wrote: still thinking about adding another exhaust but not sure if it's really needed, but then yet again, nothing is "really needed"... :p
i've read somewhere that it's possible to mouth the one of a 2.0 causing it to give that little extra "roar" and offcourse the exaust tips, does anybody knows if this is just plug and play or not?
Nice car, mate!

I recently mounted 2.0L exhaust on my 1.4 TSI 160 The exhaust system fits directly into the existing mounts on the car, but you must have a transition from the new to the old pipe since the 2.0L pipe is thicker than what is original. The exhaust installer can make such a transition for you, they did for me while I was waiting.

Another option is to weld it, but then again it's not so easy to remove later..
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

oh, thx for the reply kenti!
great to hear this!
just the thing is that i have a 1.4 tsi 122 version, am i wrong thinking that the exhaust is still diff. from the 160 version?

if it's the same i will def. consider mounting the 2.0 version! also would you know if any exhaust installer shop could deliver that exhaust, or would it be better if i ordered the exaust at my dealer and then get it to a installer?

thx in advance mate!
kenti
Options: R-Line Plus, R-Line black leather, Xenon, RCD510 w/Dynaudio, Tinted windows, Safety alarm with sensors inside, Mirror pack, Light pack, Tyre pressure control, DAB, Telepone prep, Media-in, DCC, Parking sensors, Winter pack, 18" Mallory for the winter

Post by kenti »

xypher wrote:oh, thx for the reply kenti!
great to hear this!
just the thing is that i have a 1.4 tsi 122 version, am i wrong thinking that the exhaust is still diff. from the 160 version?

if it's the same i will def. consider mounting the 2.0 version! also would you know if any exhaust installer shop could deliver that exhaust, or would it be better if i ordered the exaust at my dealer and then get it to a installer?

thx in advance mate!
I'm quite sure the fitting mounts are exactly the same. Anything else would be strange since it's the same car body. It's the same on 1.4 160, 2.0 and R.

Regarding the pipe dimension I think the 160 and 122 has the same exhust, nut not 100% sure. You can measure under the car, 160hp is about 60mm and 2.0L is about 65mm. But that shouldn't matter, you do need a transition anyway.

Don't think anyone besides your dealer can get the OEM 2.0L exhaust, but you might find something similiar other places (Miltek etc?). I got mine from a 2-3 wekk old Scirocco 2.0L that got Scirocco R exhaust fitted, and took it to an exhaust installer and got it fitted.
fr0z

Post by fr0z »

The full exhaust system of 2.0 can be installed to 160s. But only the catback (half rear exhaust) and not the full system can be installed from 160s to 122s. From 2.0 to 122 no opinion, because it's too big for this and it will be bad to its acceleration.
kenti

Post by kenti »

@ fr0z: Do you know the diameter of the exhaust pipe dimension for the 122?

It's also nice if you could elaborate on why the 2.0L exhaust is too big for 122 regarding the acceleration.
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

I would like to know it aswell what the thingy is with those exhaust diameters, but there isn't that much of a rush with it, i'll take my time when it comes to adjusting my exhaust, it's not on the top of my list.

Last sunday i went to VW Charly's, a great meeting thats having there 13th season.
Beautifull weather, beautifull cars, an super chill sunday afternoon, what can i ask for more?
Maybe a nomination in the TOP 20 vw? well that's exactly what i've got :nod:

I must say i was very suprised when i say the "Winner" sticker on my front window, but it def. made my day :D

anyway here are the pics that i got, thx to the peeps that took them!
to bad that i was placed next to the only poly car @ the scene but i hey, u can't have it all, can you? 8)

i'm expecting my K&N filter to arrive tomorrow, so pics of that will come asap!

Edit: i almost forget, i'll be on the Edition 38 meeting that's in the UK, anybody going there aswell?
xypher
Tinted windows
Dynaudio
Xenon

Post by xypher »

blow off valve has been ordered since yesterday!
and i'm having a professional shoot around mid july

here are some more pics from last weekends meeting

and 1 from the k&n filter