Factory Bluetooth question

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Factory Bluetooth question

Post by trix »

if you're sure then i'd get it booked in with the dealer as it will very likely need reprogramming back in with vagcom/vcds. I can not recall anyone having this problem before.
does it not come up on the radion screen if you press the phone button on the radio?

S
jimgunnee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: Sunroof, folding mirrors, Parking sensors, life-Shine, Bluetooth

Post by jimgunnee »

Thanks Trix, Dealer it is then I expect...

...and No, Phone button on wheel does nothing, and phone menu on the RDS500 also gone...
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Hey,

So i thought id take the time to explore the bluetooth option on my car this weekend. It turns out there is no bluetooth option...... :grumpy:

I press the phone button on my RNS510 and it mutes the system, nothing else happens. there's also no phone menu im my onboard computer.

i checked my spec sheet and phone prep was specified. so pretty livid. so got to book my car in to get this looked at.

i have the 3 button module on the roof by my mirror.

Can the factory bluetooth be added to my system?

Will my iphone 3GS work? i thought i read somewhere that it would as they changed the bluetooth recently allowing iphones to pair? can someone advise?

Thanks
Rolling Deep...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Strat
is there a phone menu anywhere in the mfd as you scroll through?
as the key pad is fitted on the roof it sounds like they may have just not programmed it in (not sure if thats done at the factory or pdi)
make sure you take the documents showing it was ordered with you :yes: & yes yours should be new enough that is has the revised bluetooth rather than the rSap only bluetooth
S
Shaun
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

you will be ok, it all can be put in if its not there !, that said VW dealers are not too good at doing aftermarket bits!!, is there a polystyrene box under the drivers seat ?
Strat
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Thanks guys, will check under the drivers seat tonight when i get home. what does the thing under the seat do? what am i looking for exactly?

my order form states bluetooth, and i knew it had been specced. there are no menu's on my MFD display for phone and pressing phone on the Nav system does nothing other than muting it.

Annoys me, as i said to the guy on the phone, im pretty sure it should be compatible with the iphone (i wouldnt have ordered it otherwise), and he was saying no, its not compatible etc. Obv not got a clue what he's spouting!

Are there any details i need to specify to them to make sure they provide me with the right software for the iphone version? can't rely on them doing a good job, got to spoon feed these fools!

thanks.
Rolling Deep...
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Look at the first page you will see the box under the seat, in that there should be a bluetooth box , take it out and see what is written on the box, if of course you have either.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Like this

Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Slightly off topic (apologies), but has anyone found a way to get Voice mail dialling work using the First address location on the RNS (1st preset in the telephone menu on the RNS).

On my Iphone, Vodafone voicemail is 121, but when I program that in on the pre-set, I get an error sayng can't connect ? Anyone know if there should be another number ?
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Hi Sootchucker

Changed mine over via the mdf in telephone menu under voicemail, and that transferred to the RNS-510 preset 1 automatically.

Regards Jeff
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Thanks Jeff, I'll go and give that a try.
Jeffao
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Jeffao wrote:Hi Sootchucker

Changed mine over via the mdf in telephone menu under voicemail, and that transferred to the RNS-510 preset 1 automatically.

Regards Jeff
Any joy Sootchucker?
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

No Jeffao, very strange. :shrug:

More investigation required methinks.
Jeffao

Post by Jeffao »

I do have the coloured MFD Maybe thats why