Factory Bluetooth question

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Factory Bluetooth question

Post by Shaun »

If you spec the Bluetooth from the factory do you get the 3 buttons in the roof ?, also anyone got pictures of these fitted

This is the button?
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Re: Factory Bluetooth question

Post by bianco »

Yeps, thats it. They didnt dial a working number in mine (Denmark).

Probably only work in Germany.
raffoul232
In: Candy White
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

I got that in my car but it's only in the my2008/2009 cars. In mid2009 onwards the buttons are taken off. Never actually thought of using them will try tomorrow tho.
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

raffoul232 wrote:I got that in my car but it's only in the my2008/2009 cars. In mid2009 onwards the buttons are taken off. Never actually thought of using them will try tomorrow tho.
Can you get a picture of yours with the surround too ?, ps does yours have interior sensors ?
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

I thought the point was all the blue tooth stuff was in the steering wheel?

I spec'd these , and have been told I am getting the latest version which is more compliant with phones
mickwillow
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Post by mickwillow »

Hi
Could Someone who has a factory fitted bluetooth post a pic of the cover that covers the bluetooth module under the drivers seat please for me
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

182_blue wrote:
raffoul232 wrote:I got that in my car but it's only in the my2008/2009 cars. In mid2009 onwards the buttons are taken off. Never actually thought of using them will try tomorrow tho.
Can you get a picture of yours with the surround too ?, ps does yours have interior sensors ?
Sure heres a picture of it, but what do you mean by interior sensors?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

its OK, on the older models the buttons was in place of the sensor panel (for the alarm sensors), anyway thanks for the picture :-), much appreciated
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Ps as Mickwillow asked, do you have a picture of the underseat bits ?
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

182_blue wrote:Ps as Mickwillow asked, do you have a picture of the underseat bits ?
Sure no worries ill get the picture up tonight, btw is it under the passenger seat?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

raffoul232 wrote:
182_blue wrote:Ps as Mickwillow asked, do you have a picture of the underseat bits ?
Sure no worries ill get the picture up tonight, btw is it under the passenger seat?
Erm, good question, in the UK its under the drivers seat, look for a cover or box of some sort
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

i'm guessing the underseat 'box'/cover can't be too far removed from the skoda one that is pictured in this thread guys
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

trix wrote:i'm guessing the underseat 'box'/cover can't be too far removed from the skoda one that is pictured in this thread guys
Yeh, just trying to work out how it should be from factory.
raffoul232
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

182_blue wrote:
raffoul232 wrote:
Erm, good question, in the UK its under the drivers seat, look for a cover or box of some sort
Here you go the box is under the passenger seat (not the greatest pics)
ALL MODS ON HOLD
DAR

Post by DAR »

trix wrote:i'm guessing the underseat 'box'/cover can't be too far removed from the skoda one that is pictured in this thread guys
Totally different Trix. The 'new' BT incorporates the aerial within the module, and sits in a foam box as pictured above. The box is secured by Velcro to the carpet.

1K0 919 737M about a £5. I bought one but didn't use it, the BT works fine with the module sat behind the Climate panel, (huge space behind there) Velcroed to the carpet behind there.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

DAR wrote:
Totally different Trix. The 'new' BT incorporates the aerial within the module, and sits in a foam box as pictured above. The box is secured by Velcro to the carpet.

1K0 919 737M about a £5. I bought one but didn't use it, the BT works fine with the module sat behind the Climate panel, (huge space behind there) Velcroed to the carpet behind there.
So theres quite a bit of space and carpet behind there then ?
Last edited by Shaun on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DAR

Post by DAR »

Yes, remove the RNS and 4 screws that hold the Climate panel in and you will see quite a large void.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Thx, ps there is a newer bluetooth unit that does have an external antenna ?, Dar does your do text messages on the screen and what version do you have ?
DAR

Post by DAR »

182_blue wrote:Thx, ps there is a newer bluetooth unit that does have an external antenna ?, Dar does your do text messages on the screen and what version do you have ?
Mine is the 3C8 variant, and if i had an RSAP capable phone, it would support text messages.

Can't see the iphone ever becoming RSAP capable, as it is Nokia Software and Apple and Nokia are not the best of friends, hoped to proven wrong though............

Mine supports A2DP - Bt music streaming, and works fine. I tried sending a text, but it would not do it, and since i coded it correctly the icon has disapeared.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Ok, mine is iphone 4 so i guess i wont be getting texts on the screen anytime soon lol, where did you buy it ?

DAR wrote:
182_blue wrote:Thx, ps there is a newer bluetooth unit that does have an external antenna ?, Dar does your do text messages on the screen and what version do you have ?
Mine is the 3C8 variant, and if i had an RSAP capable phone, it would support text messages.

Can't see the iphone ever becoming RSAP capable, as it is Nokia Software and Apple and Nokia are not the best of friends, hoped to proven wrong though............

Mine supports A2DP - Bt music streaming, and works fine. I tried sending a text, but it would not do it, and since i coded it correctly the icon has disapeared.