MFD Colour Display

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
cornelce

Re: MFD Colour Display

Post by cornelce »

Komar wrote:OK thx, Im asking because I have ordered a Scirocco 122ps and Im not sure what kind of MFD display Im going to get....

is it going to be like this?

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad28 ... C00159.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since you haven't ordered the optional coloured MFD, then yes that's what it will look like.
Scott_mac
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Komar wrote:There was an optional MFD, and expensive too :eyepop: , so I didnt ordered nothing special about MFD......
The optional one is the colour one above... the 'standard one' is what you've pictured... how much info you get in it depends on if you ordered the 'Highline' computer or not
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
Komar
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by Komar »

thx guys :clap:
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Scott_mac wrote:
Komar wrote:There was an optional MFD, and expensive too :eyepop: , so I didnt ordered nothing special about MFD......
The optional one is the colour one above... the 'standard one' is what you've pictured... how much info you get in it depends on if you ordered the 'Highline' computer or not
I thought if you get a dsg box with a multifunction steering wheel the mfd comes highline right??
Btw anyone with the colored mfd can post how the digital speed shows up? Thanks
ALL MODS ON HOLD
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

That's certainly what's happened with mine... DSG and Multifunction Steering wheel gave me highline. The Bluetooth pack does the same I believe. :)
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Hi

RE: The MFD digital display, I've been unable to change this from KM/h to MPH, VW UK tell me this is a legislative issue by the EU stating that both readings must be available and the main analogue dial is calibrated in MPH only.

One for the Vagcom experts to hack please!

J.
IMGA0003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Jeffao wrote:Hi

RE: The MFD digital display, I've been unable to change this from KM/h to MPH, VW UK tell me this is a legislative issue by the EU stating that both readings must be available and the main analogue dial is calibrated in MPH only.

J.
IMGA0003.jpg
No idea if its like the white MFD or not but with the white you just change the display to 'Rest of the world'
Scott_mac
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

whicher wrote:That's certainly what's happened with mine... DSG and Multifunction Steering wheel gave me highline. The Bluetooth pack does the same I believe. :)
Yup, had a bit of confusion when i ordered mine, but the Multifunction wheel definitely includes Highline, the Bluetooth is available in 2 forms... it has to have Highline to work so is cheaper if you have a GT or have also ordered the Multifunction wheel.
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
BeanKa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, erm im going to have to check the rest!

Post by BeanKa »

Has any one looked into a retrofit? :P
Jeffao
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

182_blue wrote:

J.
IMGA0003.jpg
No idea if its like the white MFD or not but with the white you just change the display to 'Rest of the world'
Nope not an option on the colour MFD, strange tho considering VW UK quote legislation, their is an option to switch off the DRL's in the colour MFD!
Last edited by Jeffao on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Jeffao wrote:
182_blue wrote:

J.
IMGA0003.jpg
Nope not an option on the coloured MFD, strange tho considering VW UK quote legislation, their is an option to switch off the DRL's in the coloured MFD!
Have you tried to do it through VCDS then ?
Jeffao

Post by Jeffao »

Havent got VCDS - Yet!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jeffao wrote:Havent got VCDS - Yet!
So how do you know you cant change the instruments to 'Rest of world'
Jeffao

Post by Jeffao »

Sorry thought you meant in the Language setup via MFD
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jeffao wrote:Sorry thought you meant in the Language setup via MFD
Nope, you need VCDS to change the MFD to Rest of world
Jeffao

Post by Jeffao »

Cheerz 182_blue, Will start saving up then!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jeffao wrote:Cheerz 182_blue, Will start saving up then!
Well, someone needs to test it first, i have no idea if it can be done on the colour display.