Collected Mine

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Collected Mine

Post by jonallen628 »

Collected mine yesterday afternoon from Cardiff, drove back to Staffs under the cover of darkness.

First impressions? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S Anybody not sure about the Truffle leather will not be dissapointed, it looks lovely, really nice. Thanks to Bagwafu for convincing me stick with my original choice :yes: as yesterday (collection day) was the first time i had seen it in the flesh. It looks nothing like some of the pictures on the web which had got me concerned

Will post some photos & more thoughts when i have stopped driving it, including my thoughts on the dealer, broadspeed and finance company.

Too busy driving it to take proper photos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Collected Mine

Post by wigit »

congrats john been a long wait for you
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Congratulations!!! :D

No fair, looks like you've got some warmer weather there! :mad:

Enjoy :D
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Congrats mate, you seem to have been waiting forever, sure it has been worth the wait though. :driver:
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

jonallen628 wrote:Thanks to Bagwafu for convincing me stick with my original choice :yes: as yesterday (collection day) was the first time i had seen it in the flesh. It looks nothing like some of the pictures on the web which had got me concerned .....
My pleasure, glad you like it and enjoy the experience - it will have been worth the wait.

You are totally right in that the pictures online do not do the Truffle justice - even my hi res ones dont convey it properly - but then when you see it in the flesh and sit in it, it is a different matter.
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Congratulations on your new arrivall :clap:
When you do finally stop driving I'd be very interested to read you thoughts on Cardiff (now Sinclair) VW and Broadspeed as that's exactly who and where I've ordered from. Debbie @ Cardiff has been very good at keeping me updated and calming me down thru all the delays (I ordered in August!)
Don't forget the piccies!
Enjoy
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
LCM
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Congratulations - Hopefully by now you will have realised it was worth the wait - enjoy :clap:
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Just thought i would post a quick update after seeing some family & friends today.

I am getting worried because everyone who has seen it so seems to want one, trying to convince / steer a couple of them towards alternative VW's in the range, EOS / Golf instead as i like the exclusivity.

My brother drives a Cooper S, the brother in law has a new S3 and my old man has an M5 and a 911 S (997), we are all into our cars so i was interested to see what they thought.

My brother loved it, very enquisitive and is now going to have a very close look at an ................................... Eos 2.0 T DSG (Phew). Liked the Touchscreen / MDI / Dynaudio setup as he is into his music, i currently have a Western Digital Passport hooked up to it. He also really liked the Truffle. He feels really short changed by his £21,000 mini.

The brother in law thought it looked great both outside and inside and thought the interior felt more upmarket than his S3 :yes: Thought it looked very agressive on the outside.

Overall though i think my old man has been most impressed, especially by the DSG which i know is not restricted to the Scirocco. He loves his M5 but really can't get on with the 7 speed SMG box which he has been really dissapointed by, having driven it i can confirm that the DSG is light years ahead of the BMW box, it's a real pig and everything i hate about automatic gearboxes. He also likes the rear end and the shape of the wheel arches, reminded him of his 911. Agrees that ideally it could be a little lower, he has a history of lowering his cars and putting bigger wheels on.

I think this car has really opened his eyes as he has always been a BMW man. My mom said the interior made her 1 Series look boring & old fashioned in comparison, sorry dad :D Think she might be getting a new Golf with Truffle interior in the next few months.

So far i love everything about it, seems to be very solid and well put together. Can't wait until i can open it up a bit although i have to say with very little throttle input it goes really well anyway.

The missus is dying to get her hands on it, maybe not just yet!

More updates to come!
Last edited by jonallen628 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Congrats, that is a very nice spec. Your Scirocco won't look out of place with all the nice cars that are in the family, yes I agree for the price tag you get a lot for your money as standard to begin with - I've driven the EOS and it's nothing like the Scirocco, so your brother should look at another Scirocco or the MK6 Golf GTI pre-orders opening soon I think.

I love it to bits, my only gripe would be if they updated the dash so it was like the 2009 MK6 Golf rather than the 2004 MK5 Golf, but never the less it doesn't take anything away from the driving experience.

Have you thought about adding anything to it? i.e. Door Sills etc?

Have Fun!

PS Would be nice to see more pics of it, if you have time could you add them to the Gallery Section as we don't have any in there that have Xenon's

jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

rehmondo wrote: so your brother should look at another Scirocco or the MK6 Golf GTI pre-orders opening soon I think.
I think he would really like a used A5 funds allowing, trying to persuade friends and family toward other VAG models like the new Golf GTI.
rehmondo wrote: I love it to bits, my only gripe would be if they updated the dash so it was like the 2009 MK6 Golf rather than the 2004 MK5 Golf
I think the dash will get updated next year, probably with the new climate module and a few other bits such as the roller shutter cupholder. I will try and find out some info on this as i work for the company who manufacturers the Dashboard and console for the Scirocco. The R20 headlamps (MK6 GTI style) may also work there way onto the Scirocco. They may add forward parking sensors / reversing camera / park assist depending upon demand.
rehmondo wrote: Have you thought about adding anything to it? i.e. Door Sills etc?
Yes mate, definately want to add the metal pedals and premium sills with some birthday cash. My dad mentioned that sills were a little vulnerable and i don't disagree. I have caught them a few times already, only a matter of time before the missus catches them with her heals. Unfortunately the factory Bluetooth kit was launched too late for me to add it to my spec so i will be looking to get one retrofitted. I have a wedding to pay for this year so mods will be limited. With the economy like it is my short term goal is just to hang on to the Scirocco and enjoy it while i can.
rehmondo wrote: PS Would be nice to see more pics of it, if you have time could you add them to the Gallery Section as we don't have any in there that have Xenon's
Weather / Light permitting i will be able to take some good photos next Friday lunchtime after work.

jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

Finally stopped driving it long enough to wash my motor and take some piccies for the gallery.

One week in and everytime i drive it i get a real buzz. What i enjoy most is that you can be cruising along one minute then a quick flick of the DSG lever / paddles and a press of the ACC button and the thing transforms. Love driving with the windows open and listening to the engine / exhaust combo as it blips through the gears, fantastic! :clap:

skippy
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

My brother wants one and he currently drives a 911 4S !