my white one with xenons here today

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: my white one with xenons here today

Post by rehmondo »

Hey Ryan,

Car looks awesome, what’s the technique called to paint the alloys? Is it galvanising? I'm looking at some S5 alloys for the Scirocco and would want them in a Gun metal colour rather than the silver any ideas how I would achieve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS anyone know who could do said procedure in Scotland?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

rehmondo not sure if powder coating using that method
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

rehmondo wrote:Hey Ryan,

Car looks awesome, what’s the technique called to paint the alloys? Is it galvanising? I'm looking at some S5 alloys for the Scirocco and would want them in a Gun metal colour rather than the silver any ideas how I would achieve this?

I was fancying the s5 alloys. Let me know if they fit as the offset is about 35, i think they are 8.5 wide and 19s. The centre bore of 66.6 may be a problem though unless you can find spiggot rings to fit? It is powdercoating your talking about. good luck.
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

a few pics, ill get some more again when its a nice day and its clean, my new wheels are on here, and i have ordered my lowering springs now aswel:D

Ryan, your car looks great! I get mine Friday. What are the offsets and centre bores and widths of your wheels if you don't mind me asking. It may help a few of us out if we knew. Cheers.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

rehmondo wrote:Hey Ryan,

Its called spray painting :nod:

Factory wheels are painted.

You can get them painted by any bodyshop, in any colour.

Powdercoating can also be done, But IMO the finish is not as good, although it is a very durable finish.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Cool thanks for your help my only concern with spray painting would be that it could lead to runs if it isn't done properly.

It's all just wishful thinking at the mo, don't have the money to spend on alloys right now :mad:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Ryan, good to hear you are enjoying it! This week is going so slow for me!

I believe the Xenons have static cornering lights fitted also, consisting of an additional headlamp bulb angled outwards which comes on at low speed when the car is turning. This is situated between the inner and outer headlamp in the cluster. Have you noticed these?

I had these on my 197 and found them really good on country lanes and when turning at junctions at night. I really miss them now when driving a car without them, but not something i would pay a lot of money for like the system fitted to BMW's / Audis. I like the simple solution VW / Renault have as well as the Mercedes one where a foglight comes on when turning although this looks a little odd.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
drnick
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

Ryan, I'm impressed! It looks really good, once you've dropped it the wheels will really fill out the arches too.
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

im gonna get confused with all the questions, so sorry if i miss one of you out

yeah the extra lights come on when you turn the wheel, its good for seing around corners (not literally, but you know what i mean)

and andy, the stretched tyres do help the arch issue, there well in the arches now, you can tell on the pic that it has worked. i only had the wheels on for a short while so couldnt really tell but the test drive of the other car i had makes me think that there is no difference in the ride, slightly sharper if anything, the diamater is slightly bigger, but not by much (few mm), and it has a wider track now aswel (will need to put my spacers on when i lower it), plus the rs4 alloys are lighter as there made out of magnesium alloy :D

the wheels are just sprayed (i work in a bodyshop so its no rattle can job)

S5 alloys are 20" and there wide as hell, you will have a few problems making them look right on a scirocco

dont know about the offset and centre bores ect sorry
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

cheers ryan so you gone h&r or kw on the springs
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

ryancooke wrote:S5 alloys are 20" and there wide as hell, you will have a few problems making them look right on a scirocco
The ones I am looking at are 19", Wheel specs are 8.5 x 19" / ET 32 / 5 X 112 - do know if I would have any problems fitting these?
209289476_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

them wheels should go on quite easily, as my rs4 ones are 9.5" wide,

and i have gone for h&r (loweres by 35mm) they will be fitted one day next week :clap:
Mk3Mike
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Premium package
RCD 510
Automatic Climate Control
BSR ECU-upgrade = 193bhp & 291Nm (215ftlb)

Post by Mk3Mike »

Hey!

Nice car... Are those rims offset 42?
ryancooke

Post by ryancooke »

Mk3Mike wrote:Hey!

Nice car... Are those rims offset 42?
thanks, i dont know what offset the standard rs alloys are sorry