What Colour?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

What colour is your Scirocco?

Candy White
29%
Salsa Red
7%
Shadow Blue
3%
Rising Blue
17%
Deep Black
15%
Pewter Grey
5%
Viper Green
7%
Sumatra
10%
Reflex Silver
5%
Opal Silver
1%

Total votes: 1338

Searchin4aRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Re: What Colour?

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Thanks, Trix!

Just received a call from my (potential) saleswoman, and she tried her best to describe the colour to me:

• Dark gun metal

• Reddish / plum hue

• Undertones of copper / brown

• Sometimes almost oily grey / green

Most interesting!

I was at a dealer's a couple of weeks ago and one of the salesmen suggested Sumatra. I hadn't a clue what it looked like then and dismissed it out of hand.

However, I'm leaning towards it now because:

1. Everything I've seen on the road is either white or rising blue (although I do like both of those colours)

2. I'd love Viper Green, but feel like I'd be running around town with the equivalent of an electronic tag (I don't really want EVERYONE to be able to trace my every movement!)

3. Most of the pics I have seen of Sumatra look different, therefore give the colour a kind of mysterious edge ... .

Thanks again for your help - and for all other contributions.

I've set a deadline to my uncertainty of next week ... then comes the order!!
Deagol
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, Winter pack, Black Leather, Flat Tyre indicator, Mudflaps
Pump & Music from another dimension

Post by Deagol »

Deagol wrote:Went for black from Day One. Dealer currently has a Sumatra GTD 170PS and the one before that was blue (Rising, I think, but it's long been sold). Never been keen on silver and if black is good enough for Darth Vader, it's good enough for me.....
Here in Cornwall, everything goes mud brown after about three weeks blitzing the country lanes so white would mean a massive amount of time cleaning, which could otherwise be spent driving! A clean Candy white looks good though and I've not seen any in Viper yet.
Nearly a fortnight since I took delivery and, despite volcanic ash and good old mud, car still looks fairly clean, although it will get a good wash down at the weekend. Hopefully the Lifeshine treatment I paid for will start to earn its keep, although the rucksack sized bag of cleaning stuff I was handed on delivery will take a bit more sorting through........
Baptised with Aerosmith
Shooter
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Inter's,Mats,Tints,Hill hold and flat tyre indicator.

Post by Shooter »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:Thanks, Trix!

Just received a call from my (potential) saleswoman, and she tried her best to describe the colour to me:

• Dark gun metal

• Reddish / plum hue

• Undertones of copper / brown

• Sometimes almost oily grey / green

Most interesting!

I was at a dealer's a couple of weeks ago and one of the salesmen suggested Sumatra. I hadn't a clue what it looked like then and dismissed it out of hand.

However, I'm leaning towards it now because:

1. Everything I've seen on the road is either white or rising blue (although I do like both of those colours)

2. I'd love Viper Green, but feel like I'd be running around town with the equivalent of an electronic tag (I don't really want EVERYONE to be able to trace my every movement!)

3. Most of the pics I have seen of Sumatra look different, therefore give the colour a kind of mysterious edge ... .

Thanks again for your help - and for all other contributions.

I've set a deadline to my uncertainty of next week ... then comes the order!!
I've just ordered sumatra theres a good thread here which helped me pick - http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... it=sumatra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I liked the White and rising blue aswell but both popular round here.
Trooper

Post by Trooper »

Searchin4aRoc wrote: I've set a deadline to my uncertainty of next week ... then comes the order!!
Some more threads that might help you in your decision... :)

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=4151
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=4055
Searchin4aRoc
Options: Truffle Leather / Bi-Zenons / Pano-roof / Rear Parking Sensors / Cruise Control

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Thanks, Trooper!

I'm meeting one car saleswoman in Cookstown tomorrow afternoon (who doesn't like Sumatra and hates the 'Orangutang' seats) ...... but Sumatra exterior with Truffle interior is my choice.

As I've posted above, I want to get this sorted this week.
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:Thanks, Trooper!

I'm meeting one car saleswoman in Cookstown tomorrow afternoon (who doesn't like Sumatra and hates the 'Orangutang' seats) ...... but Sumatra exterior with Truffle interior is my choice.

I don't think you will be disappointed with Sumatra. I luckily managed to see one before I ordered it as one had just turned up at the showroom when I was placing the order. I looked definitely dark grey but it was not that bright due to the clouds around.

P.S. I went for the truffle leather as well, had not seen this yet but that the gamble I have gone for.
Searchin4aRoc

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:Thanks, Trooper!

Well, that's the Cookstown meet done and dusted ... had an engaging discussion, but saleswoman phoned me back this morning saying that her boss couldn't possibly match the deal I have been offered elsewhere.

Plus, a Belfast dealer pulled out of the race, saying that I must be getting 'fleet discount' on the price I'm quoting ... .

Will get order sorted tomorrow..........
nd10

Post by nd10 »

White imho is what it looks best in. I have seen most colours on the road now and I am delighted with my choice. I know white is the new black :rolleyes: but there are many cars out there that don't suit white, Ford for example.
Searchin4aRoc

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

I find it hard to disagree re white ... though my worry is that with so many white cars around, many on PCP Schemes, there will be multitudes of white rocs for sale in 3/4 years time ... .
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I see loads of white Roc's around Manchester,few rising blues, silver and black. You will just be another one of them. I want to be different the reason why I wanted Shadow blue but once I seen Sumatra on here I soon changed my mind.
Searchin4aRoc

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Since my last post I went out for a walk with my dog ... spotted a rising blue Roc. Saw a silver earlier today - and a white one this morning.
nd10

Post by nd10 »

Shooter wrote:I see loads of white Roc's around Manchester,few rising blues, silver and black. You will just be another one of them. I want to be different the reason why I wanted Shadow blue but once I seen Sumatra on here I soon changed my mind.
In the best colour, which is why it is popular. :nod:
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

I never said it wasnt. Just said I'd rather be different than have the same as others, its very commen now imagin in a year or 2 there will be alot more(imo). And I think thats what serchin4aroc is thinking too.
Searchin4aRoc

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

Yes ... I keep looking at white and agree that it looks terrific!

However, out of 265 Sciroccos available on Autotrader today, 61 are white, 65 are black, 75 are blue, 83 are silver - and 1 (in the "unlisted" category) is Sumatra.

My balancing act is this: do I want to go for the (splendid) white – or compromise a little and go for something slightly different?
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

Searchin4aRoc wrote:Yes ... I keep looking at white and agree that it looks terrific!

However, out of 265 Sciroccos available on Autotrader today, 61 are white, 65 are black, 75 are blue, 83 are silver - and 1 (in the "unlisted" category) is Sumatra.

My balancing act is this: do I want to go for the (splendid) white – or compromise a little and go for something slightly different?
Go different! :D
Searchin4aRoc

Post by Searchin4aRoc »

bleedsoff wrote:Go different! :D
Go different I did ..... Sumatra, with Truffle interior ;)
Cesar
In: Viper Green
Options: Cruise control, Parking assist, sports pack

Post by Cesar »

Hello everyone, I have till the end of the day to decide between rising blue and viper green, i really like both!!! I can't decide. I expect viper green to be the ultimate attention getter and my salesperson told me that if I order it in viper green it will be the only one in Cyprus :) , but rising blue seems to suit Scirocco also.
Any suggestions?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

welcome!!
only you can decide cesar, but heres some pics to try & help you decide (or make it more difficult)

rising blue http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=2588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=2209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viper green http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =37&t=4629" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=3018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S
stan2w
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control,tomtom

Post by stan2w »

Go for Viper Green, Scirocco doesnt really photo very well and its not until you see Viper Green in the flesh, so to speak,
that you can see the muscular shape of the car beneath

It is not an ASBO colour, and I have had nothing but enthusiastic comments about my choice
:clap:

I really enjoy my Scirocco in Viper green, it has taken years off me
Shooter

Post by Shooter »

Cesar wrote:Hello everyone, I have till the end of the day to decide between rising blue and viper green, i really like both!!! I can't decide. I expect viper green to be the ultimate attention getter and my salesperson told me that if I order it in viper green it will be the only one in Cyprus :) , but rising blue seems to suit Scirocco also.
Any suggestions?
Both colours will look amazing in the cypriot sunshine!!

Go on be the first!