First year time and distance service price...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Re: First year time and distance service price...

Post by silver130 »

kianok wrote:Dont want to disapoint but i dont think the arm will help. Mine went back countless times for the smear and the only thing that cured it was a new windscreen.

Dont ask me how or why you could have a faulty windscreen, all i know is i no longer have a smear.
You have misread it. I don't have the smear. Just a chattering noise. :?
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
Mr S
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Post by Mr S »

silver130 wrote:
scirocco wrote:Did your dealer know about the modified wiper arm. When I was booking my car in for the service I was chatting to the service manager and he knew nothing about the wiper smear issue on the Scirocco, but would look into it. He did say they modify the tension on wiper arms all the time across the vw range to resolve wiper smears...
Bizarre as it sounds. Mine does not have the smear which seems to affect a lot of Scirocco's. Mine chatter away to themselves when they are in the park position when the car is moving. Happens in all weathers as well.
Just my luck that they will start to smear when the new wiper arms are fitted. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
My wipers are exactly the same - no smear but they rattle; I'm off work next week, tempted to take it down to the dealers to see what they can do...
silver130
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

Mr S wrote:
silver130 wrote:
scirocco wrote:Did your dealer know about the modified wiper arm. When I was booking my car in for the service I was chatting to the service manager and he knew nothing about the wiper smear issue on the Scirocco, but would look into it. He did say they modify the tension on wiper arms all the time across the vw range to resolve wiper smears...
Bizarre as it sounds. Mine does not have the smear which seems to affect a lot of Scirocco's. Mine chatter away to themselves when they are in the park position when the car is moving. Happens in all weathers as well.
Just my luck that they will start to smear when the new wiper arms are fitted. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
My wipers are exactly the same - no smear but they rattle; I'm off work next week, tempted to take it down to the dealers to see what they can do...
Mine is back in this Friday to fix the wiper rattle/jitter. I will report back on the outcome. :yes:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
kianok
In: Deep Black
Options: C 320 CDi

Post by kianok »

silver130 wrote:
You have misread it. I don't have the smear. Just a chattering noise. :?
[/quote]

Was referring to scirocco's post........
Last edited by kianok on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biggles
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Post by biggles »

Just had mine in for first time/distance service. Cost £85 all in and they replaced the recalled the bolts on the rear hatch without me mentioning it. I did ask about the modified wipers but they were unaware of any new bits, apparently a few people have asked about them. All in all very satisfied with the service. :)
silver130

Post by silver130 »

Update. Picked car up on Friday night. N/S wiper arm replaced under warranty. Chattering now gone. :yes:
Also manic windows now sorted too. Only downside. DRl's still on. :grumpy:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN