First year time and distance service price...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

First year time and distance service price...

Post by scirocco »

Guys how much have you being paying for your first year time and distance services?
The Darkness
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking sensor, folding mirrors, cruise and flat indicator.

Re: First year time and distance service price...

Post by The Darkness »

I'm paying £15/mth as part of the three year service, maintenance and tire package (1 yr servicing).
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

The Darkness wrote:I'm paying £15/mth as part of the three year service, maintenance and tire package (1 yr servicing).
Darkness - £15 for all three? I was quoted £15 for service and maintenance (i.e. anything not under warranty inc wear and tear) but was told that as tyres are so expensinve this adds £30 per month as, over the 3 years, you'll need a new set fa'sure. Are you getting a free new set for that £15/ month?!
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

scirocco wrote:Guys how much have you being paying for your first year time and distance services?
£0 - got three years / 30,000 miles service thrown in :)

But going from what we paid for the Passat, Year 1 (2008) was under £100, Year 2 (earlier this year) was nearer £250 and I wouldn't have thought the type of service would be too different in the work carried out - probably just an oil change for the 1st service.
The Darkness
Options: Parking sensor, folding mirrors, cruise and flat indicator.

Post by The Darkness »

regandjuk wrote:
The Darkness wrote:I'm paying £15/mth as part of the three year service, maintenance and tire package (1 yr servicing).
Darkness - £15 for all three? I was quoted £15 for service and maintenance (i.e. anything not under warranty inc wear and tear) but was told that as tyres are so expensinve this adds £30 per month as, over the 3 years, you'll need a new set fa'sure. Are you getting a free new set for that £15/ month?!
Y for all three. I'm assuming its because I stated I'd only be doing 5000 miles/annum, maybe they think I wont be needing a new set in that timeframe....
kianok
In: Deep Black
Options: C 320 CDi

Post by kianok »

I had my first service done at 17.5k and 10 months old. Price all in was £147.

Not bad at all.
scirocco
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011

Post by scirocco »

Not bad at all for a longlife service! Im looking at £90-£120 for a time and distance service....
kianok

Post by kianok »

Sounds about right. TBH i think 17.5 miles is a bit long for a service. I would rather it be every 10k.
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

The Darkness wrote:
regandjuk wrote:
Y for all three. I'm assuming its because I stated I'd only be doing 5000 miles/annum, maybe they think I wont be needing a new set in that timeframe....
Ah, I see......yes, they reckoned about 17k plus for tyres (which seemed optimistic to me) but as I'm 12k a year i'd definitely need new ones. Cheers for the info!!
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
kianok

Post by kianok »

regandjuk wrote: Ah, I see......yes, they reckoned about 17k plus for tyres (which seemed optimistic to me) but as I'm 12k a year i'd definitely need new ones. Cheers for the info!!
I've done 20.5k on my P zero's, they are starting to looking a bit border line now though.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

20k out a set of fronts you must be driving it like a granny ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

What if your granny is Mary O'Andretti ? :clap:
scirocco

Post by scirocco »

Thats impressive milage out of a set of front tyres. I hope mine last as long....
haws
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Black Leather, DSG, Winter Pack, Acoustic Parking, Sills, Pedals, etc etc

Post by haws »

Got 17k out of mine so far but they are going to require replacing in the next month i think. Motorway miles :D
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

scirocco wrote:Not bad at all for a longlife service! Im looking at £90-£120 for a time and distance service....
I have just been quoted £149 for time and distance service which seems a little steep.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

I had mine serviced yesterday at Listers Nuneaton. £95 all in. Fixed price.
Also. They have completed a recall from Volkswagen.They have changed the bolts on the tailgate struts that were rusting on a lot of cars with modified bolts (which look exactly the same to me)
It's a shame they haven't recalled them to turn the chuffing daytime running lights off though. :grumpy:
They also looked at the jittery windows and jittery wiper arms that had materialised some time ago but i was'nt concerned enough to take it back for.
It's back in next week to fit a new ignition switch (quite common with Scirocco's) to cure the windows and fitting modified wiper arms for the windows. (Again not unknown to VW)
They have also said that they will check with VW in Germany about the DRL's as they seem to think there has been a fix issued to resolve this with early cars. (won't hold my breath on that one though)
All in all. Very pleased with the service i received. :yes: :yes: :yes:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
scirocco

Post by scirocco »

Did your dealer know about the modified wiper arm. When I was booking my car in for the service I was chatting to the service manager and he knew nothing about the wiper smear issue on the Scirocco, but would look into it. He did say they modify the tension on wiper arms all the time across the vw range to resolve wiper smears...
kianok

Post by kianok »

haws wrote:Motorway miles :D
Same here.

Best price ive been quoted is £119 for P zeros.
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

scirocco wrote:Did your dealer know about the modified wiper arm. When I was booking my car in for the service I was chatting to the service manager and he knew nothing about the wiper smear issue on the Scirocco, but would look into it. He did say they modify the tension on wiper arms all the time across the vw range to resolve wiper smears...
Bizarre as it sounds. Mine does not have the smear which seems to affect a lot of Scirocco's. Mine chatter away to themselves when they are in the park position when the car is moving. Happens in all weathers as well.
Just my luck that they will start to smear when the new wiper arms are fitted. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
kianok

Post by kianok »

Dont want to disapoint but i dont think the arm will help. Mine went back countless times for the smear and the only thing that cured it was a new windscreen.

Dont ask me how or why you could have a faulty windscreen, all i know is i no longer have a smear.