VW reduces production of the Scirocco

All the info you need to know about the new VW Scirocco.
unclelonghair

Re: VW reduces production of the Scirocco

Post by unclelonghair »

I was in my local dealer having a look round, and he claimed that if I placed an order now it wouldn't go into production till week 47 at the earliest, for deliver March 2010!! Oh yes, I would have to pay the post-increase price as well.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

unclelonghair wrote:I was in my local dealer having a look round, and he claimed that if I placed an order now it wouldn't go into production till week 47 at the earliest, for deliver March 2010!! Oh yes, I would have to pay the post-increase price as well.
if it was production week 47 i would hope you would get it abit earlier than march 2010!! no way i'm waiting that long!!!
pafa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

I just ordered a Roc TDI 170 on 26th of June - got a production week of 38 - not confirmed though (in Denmark)
ASBOST
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Bi - Xenons, Cruise, Dynaudio, Electric Folding Mirrors,

Post by ASBOST »

Mmmmm just a thought but is this the reason why the don't have many Rocs in the showrooms? I was in four main dealers and they never had any in the showroom. Out of sight out of mind maybe? esspecially if they propose customers wait that long for their cars? just a thought.
regandjuk
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

Anyone ordered one in the last month and got a build week? I ordered mine last week and am frantically hoping it comes within the 4 months for the UK scrappage scheme (and before my dear old Rover 820 dies a death.....)
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

regandjuk wrote:Anyone ordered one in the last month and got a build week? I ordered mine last week and am frantically hoping it comes within the 4 months for the UK scrappage scheme (and before my dear old Rover 820 dies a death.....)
I ordered at the end of june & currently have a build week of 42 (mid oct) so delivery will be roughly early nov. which is very tight with my 4 month window.

there are others of us struggling with the scrappage scheme, we're discussing the 4 month window & scrappage scheme problems here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=2580

S
Duffman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Xenons, Leather seats, winterpack, cruise control, rear parking sensors, Dynaudio, flat tyre sensor, F & R mats, supagard and a smokers pack for a non smoker

Post by Duffman »

I ordered mine week 25 and have been given a build time of week 39. I'm also particpating in the scrappage scheme and unless I'm mistaken, thats 14 weeks my order has been a piece of paper and only allows a timeframe of 2 weeks to build, test, ship, final check and tax.
Does German engineering extend to freezing time aswell?
MrMarvelous
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Sunroof

Post by MrMarvelous »

I got get this stuff.

I live in Turkey, when I decided to buy a Scirocco it just took 3 weeks for it to arrive from the factory to my dealer.

I haven't waited at all.
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by boss1812 »

i ordered 20th july, in uk, and have a confirmed build week of 37
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

Cheer guys.........I'll check that thread out
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

boss1812 wrote:i ordered 20th july, in uk, and have a confirmed build week of 37

When did you get your confirmation? I'll wait 8 days from that date and start hassling my dealer!!!
boss1812
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by boss1812 »

1 week and i got the details, that it was week 39 and then that changed to 37 at 2 weeks
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

boss1812 wrote:1 week and i got the details, that it was week 39 and then that changed to 37 at 2 weeks

Cheers - I'll get ready to start hassling my dealer then :)
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

boss1812 wrote:1 week and i got the details, that it was week 39 and then that changed to 37 at 2 weeks
boss1812

i get the feeling that you may have been very lucky & got a cancelled order slot looking at those dates compared to those that some of us others have got, especially seeing as your mate is the dealer so can pull some strings... well done on getting a gap to slip into

S
GrahamB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, DAB Radio & Flat Tyre Indicator.

Post by GrahamB »

I ordered mine on 6th July, 4/5 weeks ago, and still don't have a confirmed build week yet.

:grumpy:
regandjuk

Post by regandjuk »

GrahamB wrote:I ordered mine on 6th July, 4/5 weeks ago, and still don't have a confirmed build week yet.

:grumpy:

Not good :(

I'm with Colbournes in Guildford and got told I'd know in 2, 3 weeks at the outside. Having said that, their response to emailed questions about the car has been non-existent so far so I'm not holding my breath......if someone was offering to pay me £24k for a service/ product in the middle of a recession I'd be answering their queries promptly!!!
vojmir
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue

Post by vojmir »

VW is selling fine, they just making artificial recession, to earn more $ - and the prices goes up.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Economic experts and those in the know reckon that this financial recession although lifting a bit now may well have a second fall soon. VW perhaps being aware of this may not want to take on loads more workers in the their factories only to have to pay them redundancy a few months later. Plus all the investment in additional plant and materials which may not be needed in the few months.
I think they are playing it safe and will not investing in increased production until they feel things are clearly on the up.
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Went to three dealers in West/South Yorkshire yesterday and one in NE Cheshire for a bit of fun. I'm left with the impression that they still want people to buy but they all quoted me delivery dates for a factory order car of next February/March.

Then went next door in one case to the Audi side of things and asked what a factory order A3 would take. Mid December.

Seems people think things are on the up and trying to get in before price rises and VAT increase from what was being said to me. And people have been in all the showroom recently during the weekday, daytime hours ordering a car which surprised me.

Scirocco's in three of the four showrooms (Black TDi, Viper TSi, Opal TSi; all MY2010) and available if you just wanted a car.

Chris
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

unclelonghair wrote:I was in my local dealer having a look round, and he claimed that if I placed an order now it wouldn't go into production till week 47 at the earliest, for deliver March 2010!! Oh yes, I would have to pay the post-increase price as well.
Can't understand that. Following production shipping, delivery etc. should only take 3-4 weeks. Week 47 is mid November so where's it going between then and March 2010 ?
Certainly March 2010 delivery seems to be a common story. May be there's some issues at the factory.
Standard lead in time is 3-4 months to delivery. However I hear that dealers are limited to 1 or 2 Scirocco orders per month. If a dealer has used up his quota for that month then I guess that he won't be able to place your order with VW until the following month after you've placed your order with him and paid your deposit. But at least you'll have your spot in the queue.
If he's been busy then it could be more than one month before he can lodge your order with VW. If that comes after a price rise then you will be subject to that new price because the dealer won't have lodged your order yet.
When I ordered mine the order was placed with VW quite quickly and when I asked the dealer he assured me that the price was fixed and I would not have to pay any extra if prices went up before delivery.