Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
DavidH
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Re: Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Post by DavidH »

I have news!

At the moment,production in Germany expect Xenon production to start in week 5,which would mean we'd begin to see Xenon equipped cars delivered late Feb/early March.

This is unofficial,so i wouldn't expect a confirmed build date for a while yet,until they know for certain.Hopefully though if there are no more delays some of us should see our cars in time for the new reg.

VW are not offering any discount for the delay so getting any discount from VW would be a challenge.It may be worth seeing what your dealer is willing to do for you.
NunoPT
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
Options: Sport Pack

Post by NunoPT »

will this retro fit?
rehmondo
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

NunoPT wrote:will this retro fit?
According to my VW dealer NO, he said you can retro fit them from 3rd parties however it invalidates your electrical warranty, in another words the whole car loses its warranty then.

I was at Audi with my brother sorting something out with his car and the guys @ Audi were talking to me about Xenons, they said that Audi also said NO to retro fits too, but recently changed it and now you can do it at most dealers for the newer models and said it's only a matter of time and parts availability before VW will offer it, he said he would be suprised if they didn't especially since VW cocked up big time on most peoples orders.

The only reason its been a NO NO as they don't get tested as much as when fitted from the factory therefore they're in a position where they can't offer a warranty therefore they won't carry out the work - not because the work is difficult etc
NunoPT

Post by NunoPT »

I hope they will, mate.

I like my car the way it is but... it would be 10x fancier with those "new eyes"

I'll try to check near the Factory (Autoeuropa), maybe call them and ask info about xenon.

I'll keep you guys posted
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

It WILL be retro fittable, but as usual the dealer may not do it. Not that you'd want them to, they'd just rip you off totally.

Like the cruise control, a £65 stalk, yet they still charge near £200 fitted. . . .

There is no info on the parts in the parts catalogues yet, i presume cos tey knew there were issues with them. But it'l likely be a complete new headlight and some other wee bits and piece, and maybe some aftermarket conversion looms. Only time will tell i guess.
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Yeah I was hoping Hella make something really kool for the Scirocco and I'd pay for that. They did some really nice Xenons for the Golf GTI etc

Cruise was a £210 factory option the dealer I bought the car from charged me £165 for it, I know even thats a rip off when you say its a £65 part but I wanted it the day I drove off with it and was more than happy when they said it would be cheaper than what I would have paid at the factory.
NunoPT

Post by NunoPT »

some guy in the welcome section posted 1st March for the xenon delivery in a build Scirocco.

maybe earlier as a retrofittable part?
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

I'm having to order a company car asap & its Rocco v A3 sline. Love them both, but the lack of Xenons on the Rocco is a real problem, and for me a bit of a deal breaker if they are still not available.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

mister.c. wrote:I'm having to order a company car asap & its Rocco v A3 sline. Love them both, but the lack of Xenons on the Rocco is a real problem, and for me a bit of a deal breaker if they are still not available.
Welcome.

If you need your car quickly then it looks like it will be the A3 if the xenons are a must have.
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

Cheers Iroc for the welcome - and the posts on Mk4s, which have been useful when considering the next move. Test drove a Roc for 2 days and the Sline as well - enjoyed both a lot. Tonight driving in the dark without xenon's it really reminded me they are a must have. Got to order soon, but a fair lead in time may not be a problem. Just a hard bl00dy choice which I've been agonising over the last couple of weeks!
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

How about a 'roc with some of these:

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/headlight.htm

I'm going to get some at some point, when I can be *rsed to find out which bulbs to order lol.
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

I popped the osram nightbreaker 90% more light in my good ladies leon cupra and I'm not that impressed at all. Think I should have gone Phillips x-treme power.
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

I use the Philips Xtreme in my mk5 gti and are a significant improvement over standard without the chavtastic twinkle :cool:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i've never had xenons on a car i have owned so curious how people rate the standard lights compared to previous machinery?
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
krn1

Post by krn1 »

I have retrofitted Polo GTI xenons onto my Polo, and I certainly won't go back to halogen. I'm just going to wait it out until xenons are go again.

Now I can't see dealers retrofitting xenons. I know myself how big a job it is to do properly. For a start just swapping out the lamps is a big enough job, then there's harness modification, changing the shutter setting in Vagcom, a load sensor has to be added at the rear axle, then the rheostat manually controlling the level of halogens on the dashboard has to removed. And that's assuming you have headlight washers already on your car
krn1

Post by krn1 »

The xenons are back available for ordering in Germany, and people have been given confirmed build weeks :clap:

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/kein-xen ... ml?page=28
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I spoke to my dealer on Wednesday, my WK46 car was initially delayed to WK48 a month or so ago but this was still not confirmed. On Wednesday the dealer told me that my car now has a fixed build week of WK50 with Xenons, due to the X-Mas break I should take delivery by the end of Jan at the latest. I have to say I am very sceptical especially having read all these comments, All I can do is wait another few weeks to see if the car gets built. :grumpy:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
jonallen628
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I spoke to both my dealer and VW customer care on the subject of retroffitting, don't waste your time doing the same.

Unless they get a technical bulletin from the factory then the answer is simply "no it can't be done".

I am afraid if you really have your mind set on a Scirocco with Xenons as i do, you are just going to have to wait. :grumpy:

jonallen628

Post by jonallen628 »

Translated some text from the German Forum if anyone is interested.
Basically the guy ordered in August and his car is being built with Xenons in December.

NunoPT

Post by NunoPT »

the important question now is "Will it be retrofittable?"

Like... is XENON retrofittable in a GOLF MKV or in a EOS? All the 3 cars use a very similar electronic system