Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
andy_l1987
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: PARKING AND TYRE SENSORS, SMOKING AND WINTER PACK

Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Post by andy_l1987 »

got a phone call today from my local vw garage, the xenon's have been canceled! not happy about this at all, love the scirocco to much to cancel the order though haha
candy white,merlin cloth,winter pack,smoking pack,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors
sir_rocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Re: Xenon's canceled until mid 2009!!!

Post by sir_rocco »

Ask him to trawl the system, you may find a stock vehicle out there that has the rest of the spec you seek and thus avoid that agonising wait. Trust me, there are quite a few stock vehicles out there if your dealer is prepared to look for you and probably deals to be had as well. :yes:
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

sir_rocco wrote:Ask him to trawl the system, you may find a stock vehicle out there that has the rest of the spec you seek and thus avoid that agonising wait. Trust me, there are quite a few stock vehicles out there if your dealer is prepared to look for you and probably deals to be had as well. :yes:
Yip thats what I did, instead of waiting till April 2009 for Xenons, I got the exact same spec in White Candy - its on a ship and it arrives next week!

I've also saved £300 for some reason if I make the same spec on the site it works out to be £300 more than what the dealer has charged me (his price also includes Road Tax). I can't wait, will take a few pics for this forum as I am getting the Alu Pedals, Badge Deletion, Premium Door Sills and the Auto Glym done by the dealer.
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

I hope this is a joke...if not i'm going to have to buy a different car.seriously.Anyone know if ordering is open on the 1.8TFSi TT ?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

davidh the 1.8tfsi engine is horrid, don't do it, it is not a patch on the 2.0, i had a courtesey car with that motor
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Just a thought.Just a bit shocked when i saw the thread title.

Going to see the dealer tomorrow to see what's up,i'm hoping the title of this thread is misleading..or just some dealer talking rubbish.ie if you ordered one now with xenons it might take untill April 09 or so but since my car's been on order for sometime i hope it'll be sooner.That's what i'm hoping.The thread title makes it sound like no cars with xenons will be delivered untill mid 09 due to a supply problem.I'm aware that xenon cars have been delayed,still haven't had a confirmed build week for mine,but mid 09 would be rediculous.Sorry if i come across a bit grumpy tonight,just a bit miffed about the car :rolleyes: .I hope it doesn't take that long since i'm stuck with this loan A2 ubtill mine arrives,i sold my car,and it's killing my back which i put out last week.Can't get my stretch properly in it,so i could reallyu do with the 'rocco sooner rather than later.Man,i'm a miserable git tonight :p

Here's the question,does anyone know of any xenon specced cars with a confirmed build date?
andy_l1987

Post by andy_l1987 »

you wont find any cars with the xenons stock or not, vw cant get the light from the supplier. i ordered my rocco in august with xenons and had no confirmed build week,took them of and my dealer expects me to have my car on 1st dec
candy white,merlin cloth,winter pack,smoking pack,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Yeah,i assumed no Xenon cars had been delivered yet,just wondering if any have a confirmed build week yet.My car was ordered in August too and i haven't had a confirmed build week either.My dealer is trying to find out from VW what is going on.If it's going to be much after christmas for my car then i'll have to re-think what i want to do,whether i'm prepared to wait or not,removing the Xenons isn't an option.The only other car i can think of i might go for is the TT,and one ordered now wouldn't be delivered untill around then anyway (i was told in August it woulkd take untill feb/march)
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

OK,i just copy of a fax that VW dealers have just recieved regarding the issue,i'll post a copy of it later today.The top and bottom of it is that due to a supply delay on the Xenons,they are no longer accepting orders for xenons for the time being,'to avoid further customer dissapointment'.My Dad read it to me over the phone so that's not the exact wording,like i say i'll post a copy later.

So for those of us with xenons on order,VW have no idea when they will be delivered yet,it just says 'delays continuing into 2009' with no definite timeframe as yet.

I need to figure out what to do,i wonder if compensation will be offered,manufacturers sometimes do in these circumstances,although i doubt it would be very much.The dealer offered some discount/extra spec if i remove the xenons but i need them so it's not an option for me.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

the delay is outragous and a pr nightmare for vw, its been a long enough wait without them
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
andy_l1987

Post by andy_l1987 »

DavidH,

yeah i am now considering my options as well, i have a mini cooper s at the moment with xenon headlights and i don't think i could go back to normal lights. i have taken the xenon's of my order but i am far from happy, going down to my vw garage this morning to see if i can get some answers on how long my car will take. if they start messing about think i'm of to my audi garage to get a TT.

this is all a bit of a joke!
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

There may be some discount/compensation offered.The memo said they will be 'assessing customer impact' and another message will follow with a 'recommended course of action'.It says the start of xenon production has been delayed 'continuing into 2009'.I forgot to bring it home with me but that's basically what it says.

I'm going to wait and see what they come up with,in way of compensation,if any,before i decide.Reason being it's the car i want and there's not too much else on the market i'm interested in so i might wait.I've considered the TT (it's a VERY nice car-driven them before),and can get a production slot for feb delivery if i act this week (dealer will change the spec for me of a demo they have on order) but the thing that bothers me is the value for money/spec difference compared to the scirocco.I could spend £28K on a TT,and it still wouldn't have a lot of the kit for 4 grand more than the scirocco.You pay a lot for the half-aluminium body shell and the audi badge it seems.

The other car i might consider is the S3,it seems like better value,plus the extra grunt and 4wd would be handy,they all have full leather and xenons as standard.The engine's a bit rough/noisy in that state of tune though,i've driven them before,cross country,very effective car (great tourque and traction).

Other things i've considered are the RX-8 and 350Z,but being RWD they'll be useless up here in the winter-better to leave it at home,plus i don't fit in the Mazda.Maybe an STI,but it looks like a dog's breakfast.Apart from that i'm pretty much out of ideas.I wouldn't mind an A5 to be honest but it's too much money for me.

So i dunno,need to make up my mind.
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

DavidH wrote:There may be some discount/compensation offered.The memo said they will be 'assessing customer impact' and another message will follow with a 'recommended course of action'.It says the start of xenon production has been delayed 'continuing into 2009'.I forgot to bring it home with me but that's basically what it says.

I'm going to wait and see what they come up with,in way of compensation,if any,before i decide.Reason being it's the car i want and there's not too much else on the market i'm interested in so i might wait.I've considered the TT (it's a VERY nice car-driven them before),and can get a production slot for feb delivery if i act this week (dealer will change the spec for me of a demo they have on order) but the thing that bothers me is the value for money/spec difference compared to the scirocco.I could spend £28K on a TT,and it still wouldn't have a lot of the kit for 4 grand more than the scirocco.You pay a lot for the half-aluminium body shell and the audi badge it seems.

The other car i might consider is the S3,it seems like better value,plus the extra grunt and 4wd would be handy,they all have full leather and xenons as standard.The engine's a bit rough/noisy in that state of tune though,i've driven them before,cross country,very effective car (great tourque and traction).

Other things i've considered are the RX-8 and 350Z,but being RWD they'll be useless up here in the winter-better to leave it at home,plus i don't fit in the Mazda.Maybe an STI,but it looks like a dog's breakfast.Apart from that i'm pretty much out of ideas.I wouldn't mind an A5 to be honest but it's too much money for me.

So i dunno,need to make up my mind.
How about the EVO X :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

Somebody has posted on vw audi forum that he has found out today that cars that were ordered upto a certain date will get the xenons but they have been taken off the options list. He works for VW I presume as he tends to get some internal info.
He doesn't know upto what date cars with xenons will be honoured.
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Yeah,existing orders still stand,but obviously they won't be built until the start of xenon production,which has been delayed.It's not a case of limited supply,it's that production hasn't started at all,due to a supply delay.

The manager of my local dealer has been on to VW UK today and they're trying to get a rough timeframe.Hopefully i should find out something tommorow,and whether compensation will be offered by VW if the wait is deemed unreasonable.
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

Get normal lights and at the fraction of the cost see these guys http://www.xenonshop.co.uk/
nicklomvardos
Options: xenons,rear parking sensors,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,foldable door mirrors,dynaudio,electric 12 way seat,leather,mats,metal pedals,door sills,blue tooth,flat tyre indic and auto glym life shine.

Post by nicklomvardos »

does anyone know whats going on?thinking about canceling my order.what are other guys doing about their cars who have ordered xenons?
have to make up my mind by tuesday.please let me know.thanks.
coanda
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Pano Roof
Dynaudio
Truffle Leather
MDI
Folding Mirrors
Parking Sensors

Post by coanda »

Well, I'm not supposed to be getting mine delivered until around next march, so, if they get re-introduced I'll push for them to be added back on to my order, otherwise, I'll live with the normal lights and save 835.
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

nicklomvardos wrote:does anyone know whats going on?thinking about canceling my order.what are other guys doing about their cars who have ordered xenons?
have to make up my mind by tuesday.please let me know.thanks.
I've already posted the info that's available,your dealer has the same message from VW so you could ask to see it.

VW in Germany aren't prepared to stick their neck out and give us any more info just yet.VW UK are just as in the dark as we are regarding a time frame (The manager of my local dealer has been at them for more info and VW UK are finding out what they can from Germany-hopefully something by Monday).Basically i'm trying to get an unofficial rough time frame out of them so we can make a decision,they can't expect us to wait indefinately.As for how they plan to compensate customers if the wait is deemed unreasonable hasn't been decided yet,it may be a case of he who shouts loudest-i'll let you know what kind of discount i'll be getting though if i decide to wait.

So all that we basically know is that the start of xenon production has been delayed and that this delay will continue into 2009.
nicklomvardos
Options: xenons,rear parking sensors,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,foldable door mirrors,dynaudio,electric 12 way seat,leather,mats,metal pedals,door sills,blue tooth,flat tyre indic and auto glym life shine.

Post by nicklomvardos »

thanks mate.this is driving me nuts.i put my deposit down in april for this car and was told at the time that i was the 1st person in bristol to be ordering one.when the time came for the optionals,i went for max.sod it,i hit 40 last year.treat myself.been working in my chippie for over 22years now.have been so looking forward to getting this car and now ,im not so sure i want it.if i wait for the xenons ,the saleman said i MIGHT et the car by end of feb or maybe march.just don,t know what to do. :? what ever infor you get please pass it on.thank you.