Wiper Blades

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
drnick
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Re: Wiper Blades

Post by drnick »

gossa wrote:well I reckon that's the least i've ever lost! Still all relative considering the lack of big deals off the GTI, they give in one hand and take it back in the other.

Good dealer though Loders, family owned, seem like they care more than a lot of others, good service from martin in sales and they tweaked some settings through VAG.COM for free the other day.
GD08VPX?
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

drnick wrote:
gossa wrote:well I reckon that's the least i've ever lost! Still all relative considering the lack of big deals off the GTI, they give in one hand and take it back in the other.

Good dealer though Loders, family owned, seem like they care more than a lot of others, good service from martin in sales and they tweaked some settings through VAG.COM for free the other day.
GD08VPX?
Unlikely if Gossa bought it from Dorset, most reg's are HJ** *** down this way.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
gossa
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Yep, that was mine! I bought it from The dub dealer in Canterbury as the car was the cheapest one in the UK by some margin at the time. Local dealers wanted £23K plus for that spec (DSG, roof, leather, winter etc).

Hope it goes to a good home!
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

looks the bizzle but the tailpipes aren't gleaming too good!!
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

They were when I owned it! Those pipes were autosoled and dremmelled within an inch of their lives!
quality reflects
Options: Parking sensors, leather, winter pack. Bluefin.

Post by quality reflects »

Same problem here, smearing in the down wipe!
http://www.qualityreflects.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regular work updates here:
http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... yReflects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quality-R ... 4070809482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter: @qulityreflects
DafterPunk
Options: DVD SatNav, Parking Sensors, Telephone Prep, Winter Pack, Mats

Post by DafterPunk »

When I went to the VW dealer today I mentioned the wipers and they confirmed that VW know about the problem and will be issuing a recall soon.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Recall on the wipers? Good! I've put up with the 3rd set for 3 weeks now - the next step was for the dealership to replace the wiper arm. Still got the crappy banana shaped smear in the middle of the drivers wiper arc.

Is this just a RHD model thing? Can any mainland European people on the forum confirm if they also have smearing (assuming they have a mirror-image set up to ours in the UK) on their drivers side wiper blade?
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
jc74
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Cruise Control, Leather, Sunroof, DVD Satnav, Parking Sensors

Post by jc74 »

Just out of interest, have VW sorted out the wiper problem yet? - Does anybody have perfectly unsmeered windscreens after using the wipers???

I've been reading a few threads but noone seems to have anything which works well. I don't want to be running back and forth getting wipers changed two or three times, so would be nice to know that VW have it sorted!

Alternatively, did anyone get fed up and buy some decent wipers which work? - If so which ones are recommended? - Preferably which can be fitted without too much cutting and adjusting!...
willu
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Satnav, Dynaudio, electric mirrors, Leather, winter pack, flat tyre warning, Cruise control, parking sensors, Fiscon hads free, Mats and premium sill covers.

Post by willu »

I found a solution.... Clean windscreen, cover in RainX, do not use wipers (driving fast helps shed water better)... repeat often until VW gets ass in gear and find fix.

W
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Haven't changed the rubbers for a non VW brand yet.

I suspect that they've just whipped the wipers off a Golf and not taken into account the different windscreen rake and curvature for the wiper arm spring tension.

Can anyone confirm whether Scirocco and Golf (MK5 or 6) wiper arms have the same part number to test this theory?

It seems everyone's is fine on the upward stroke, with a small amount of judder smear on the downward stroke, across the centre of the drivers side blade.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Had a similar issue with the blades on our Passat, upward stroke OK and a smear on the downward stroke - fitted a set of Bosch aerotwin and problem sorted, but the smear wasn't overly huge with the OEM set so only changed them when the blades needed changing.

I think the 980s Bosch set fits the Scirocco - according to the Halfords guide that is - which is the same as the Passat set (24" driver side, 19" passenger side)
jackbarr
Options: Sat. Nav., Sun Roof, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Leather, Cruise, Fiscon Plus Bluetooth and a smile on my face.

Post by jackbarr »

I have had this problem now since December 2008.

VW changed the blades about three months ago with no improvement and I ordered non VW blades a couple of weeks ago to rule out "Stock Wiper Blade" issue - marginal benefit but smear still present. Third set of blades now.

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ ..... good price and fast delivery.

Had a new scuttle panel fitted last week and they checked torque settings on all wiper linkages which were all within user parameters - Service Manager has contacted VW Central for more information.

I wonder if these vehicles with the "Smear" in the drivers eyeline would pass an MOT?
infinidim
In: Viper Green
Options: with most option but not the navigation system.......

Post by infinidim »

Does anybody have any news about whether VW will be doing a recall for the wipers?
Infinidim 8)
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

" You'll never loose a Viper Green Scirocco ! "
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slicedbread
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Leather, Winter Pack, Parking Sensors

Post by slicedbread »

Evil Derboy wrote:Modified wipers are now available from VW but they are on back order.
any model numbers or anything?
Evil Derboy
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Last edited by Evil Derboy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodward182
Options: Leather, 35mm H&R, AMD Remap

Post by woodward182 »

ive had the modified blades for 1 week now.

they worked perfectly for about 2 hours and now im back to not seeing much in the rain again.

im fed up of going back to the dealer after 4 visits.

i even bought a set of new blades to see if a differant manufactured blade would sort it but it didn't!

VW need to get there act together on this quick.
BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR »

woodward182 wrote:ive had the modified blades for 1 week now.

they worked perfectly for about 2 hours and now im back to not seeing much in the rain again.

im fed up of going back to the dealer after 4 visits.

i even bought a set of new blades to see if a differant manufactured blade would sort it but it didn't!

VW need to get there act together on this quick.
whats modified about them ? can you see any obvious difference to the old blades?
woodward182
Options: Leather, 35mm H&R, AMD Remap

Post by woodward182 »

the modified blade looks identical to the original. The wiper arm mite sit a couple of mm higher off the windscreen but its very difficult to tell.