Scirocco Van - updated after Spa-Ring pictures

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
tjanum
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Re: Something a little different - Scirocco Van

Post by tjanum »

gusci wrote:
cosmo wrote:These ain't luganos?!?

Sorry guys if I'm mistaken but I'm 99% sure they are Luganos and they're definitely not Interlagos, or are you talking about the white scirocco above?
Having just had Luganos and Interlagos Alloys compared IRL at my dealers, I'm positive gusci's are Luganos and FrederikBonde's are Interlagos, though I admit they do look similar on a distance.
gusci wrote: Tjanum - congrats, I look forward to seeing your pics and another scirocco on the road here. What are you doing about the car/load weights that get stickered on the side? I'd like to remove them but I don't want to draw any more attention from the police :)

I'm for sure going to remove the load stickers, and I don't even mind paying the fines which might be thrown at me for it. But I've also had the dealer give me the rear seats and rear seat belts, because if the financial crisis doesn't hit me within the next 12 months, I'll probably pay the residual tax next year and put in the rear seats again. Or move to Sweden :lol: .
andres
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: Manual box
Options: DCC, brown leather..

Post by andres »

It's a nice car, but SHAME on the country that taxes their people so much that they are forced to make a VAN out a sportscar like a scirocco...
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

luganointerlagoseg0.jpg
Not sure now..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

I' m talking about the Van..
Luganos or not they look great!!
naranja0
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by naranja0 »

The luganos look amazing! Is the dealer lowering widely avaliable or is it just a European thing? Any idea how much it was lowered by?
Dotar
In: Pewter Grey
Options: RNS510, Xenon, Interlagos, etc. etc.
Everything a man needs, except for sunroof.

Post by Dotar »

gutsi's Roc's alloys look very much like dark grey Sagitta 19'' by VW.

https://www.volkswagen-zubehoer-shop.de ... ueId=56966

FrederikBonde's on the other hand clearly are Interlagos 18''
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

tjanum wrote: ...
gusci wrote: ... What are you doing about the car/load weights that get stickered on the side? I'd like to remove them but I don't want to draw any more attention from the police :)

I'm for sure going to remove the load stickers, and I don't even mind paying the fines which might be thrown at me for it. ...
Just remove the weight stickers without worry.
Mine was delivered without the stickers to start with :clap:
gusci
In: Sumatra
Options: Lowered, 19" alloys, multimedia/sports/DK pack, DAB, black leather, no back seats!

Post by gusci »

Cheers everyone, really glad to hear your views.

The weight tags will be coming off this week, can't wait as they are increasingly annoying me. The garage originally forgot to put them on, only rememebring when I was adjustign my mirrors and about to drive off the first time. I wish I had!

I'm going to hang my head in shame, looking at the comparison between luganos and sagittas I think these are the latter, around the bolts the alloys curve rather than being angular like the luganos. They're certainly not interlagos though I promise you all that, they look so different in real life but in pictures it can be hard to tell I agree.

I washed her on the weekend, hopefully this is a bit more clear regarding the alloys.

sumatra brown
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: everything except leather and navi

Post by sumatra brown »

thats a perfect scirocco.

What is the tire dim?
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Nice vans guys! MG did a similar thing in the UK with the ZR to provide customers with tax breaks.
I was relieved to see you still get rear windows :nod:
sciroccokartei
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Original

Post by sciroccokartei »

Thanks for your Pics
Greetings Gregor
tjanum
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

I'm almost positive I saw you at Kongens Nytorv at Nyhavn in Copenhagen today. Love your wheels :-)
jamiecoles
Options: 19" lugano

Post by jamiecoles »

gusci wrote:Picked this up last Friday and loving every second driving it. New car prices here in Denmark are about 80-90% higher than in the UK (about £37k for a 1.4 160BHP), however legislation allows vehicles with extra carrying capacity to receive large tax breaks, hence the fairly unique Scirocco van. The logic behind this is hard to fathom, particularly in an environmentally friendly country like this but shouldn't complain about a rule that allowed me to have this!

It's a 2.0t with dsg in Dark Maroon, the same as Sumatra in the uk. Dealer lowered and fitted with 19" Lugano alloys, black leather with silver trim, multimedia and sports pack and the 'DK Pakke' a compulsory extra here (you have to have it but it's not included in the list price) with rear parking sensors and dual zone climatic.

I love the car, it really gives a great feeling to own and gets a lot of compliments, the only major gripe is that models here don't come with ACC as standard and I wasn't able to order it as an extra due to time contraints.

jamiecoles
Options: 19" lugano

Post by jamiecoles »

Hi

My scirocco is on order with 19" luganos in sumatra, now i haven't asked for it to be lowered and I am now very concerned about this! do they lower it when the lugano option is taken or do you have to request it? if so how much is it lowered by and how much does it cost??
adrianb10

Post by adrianb10 »

I have also ordered the 19" and would like to know if the car comes lowered or do I need to talk to my dealer.

Also can you tell me if the 19" are a normal alloy color or a matt gray like in the picture above?

Thanks
Adrian
gusci
Options: Lowered, 19" alloys, multimedia/sports/DK pack, DAB, black leather, no back seats!

Post by gusci »

Adrian and Jamie, I made the point of asking for it to be lowered having seen another I really liked, I don't think it's standard with the 19" wheels. It set me back around 6,000DKK, probably around £650in the UK give or take away the sizable chunk of tax I paid. Worth asking for, it didn't take them long to do mine and in my opnion it really makes the car. Colour wise the side on picture above reflects the colour best, dark silver nearly grey. Seems to suit the car well.

Tjanum that was almost certainly me :) I had to pick up a friend from around there,just before that I had accidently got onto the back roads around Strøget - scared the hell out of me!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

guys with vans could someone take a pic of rear with more of the boot opening on show to see what it looks like, i'm liking the lack of rear seats ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
retboell
Options: New replacement RNS-510, Dynaudio, Sunroof, ACC, xenon, sport-package (upholstry, alloy pedals, etc.), winter pack, climatronic, parking sensor, media-in, cruise control, rain sensor, flat tyre indicator, multi fuction steering wheel, 18" interlagos , 17" Spa for winter tyres.

Post by retboell »

Did you - van owners - order the rear seats? I am still wondering whether I should get the rear seats along with my van in case I should need them, suddenly get a lot of money, or if reselling is easier with a non-van.

Seems odd though, that you have to pay 1800 DKK for seats they are removing anyway...
tjanum

Post by tjanum »

wigit, I've just put all the pics I've got of my roc here:
http://www.itu.dk/people/janum/sciroccoweb/index.html
One shot is worse than the other, but there are few at the end of the boot opening. If you are serious about wanting to see more pics of the boot, I'll take some when I get a chance....

retboell, I got the rear seats and all the belongings to the rear seats with me, and I didn't pay a dime for it. However, the dealer didn't exactly look happy when I told him, I wanted everything from the rear seating brought along with the car delivery. He told me it actually is a hassle, because they usually cut the seat belts. I guess what you are paying 1800 DKK for, is for them to take out the rear seat belts without cutting them.....
naranja0
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by naranja0 »

Looking good! Awesome with those 19's, how much is it lowered by?