Scirocco Van - updated after Spa-Ring pictures

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
gusci
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box
Options: Lowered, 19" alloys, multimedia/sports/DK pack, DAB, black leather, no back seats!

Scirocco Van - updated after Spa-Ring pictures

Post by gusci »

Picked this up last Friday and loving every second driving it. New car prices here in Denmark are about 80-90% higher than in the UK (about £37k for a 1.4 160BHP), however legislation allows vehicles with extra carrying capacity to receive large tax breaks, hence the fairly unique Scirocco van. The logic behind this is hard to fathom, particularly in an environmentally friendly country like this but shouldn't complain about a rule that allowed me to have this!

It's a 2.0t with dsg in Dark Maroon, the same as Sumatra in the uk. Dealer lowered and fitted with 19" Lugano alloys, black leather with silver trim, multimedia and sports pack and the 'DK Pakke' a compulsory extra here (you have to have it but it's not included in the list price) with rear parking sensors and dual zone climatic.

I love the car, it really gives a great feeling to own and gets a lot of compliments, the only major gripe is that models here don't come with ACC as standard and I wasn't able to order it as an extra due to time contraints.

Last edited by gusci on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chillout
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Re: Something a little different - Scirocco Van

Post by Chillout »

wow, that's just awesome... a great way to pay less tax, and still be able to drive an awesome car!!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

best looking van i have seen in a while looks great sumatra with the 19s looks :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
pafa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Winter Pack
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Electricable Foldable Door Mirrors
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
RCD 510 Dynaudio Soundpack
Flat Tyre Indicator
2 Zone Electronic Climate Control
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Great looking car!!

im living in Denmark too - and its almost exactly the same as the one im going to order, exept im going for the 170 TDI - gotta burn that oil :-)
md_halifax
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: rev sensors, dynaudio, debadged

Post by md_halifax »

Those 19" Lugano's fill the arches well. Nice wheels.
tjanum
In: Candy White
Options: (in Denmark)
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

gusci wrote:Picked this up last Friday and loving every second driving it. New car prices here in Denmark are about 80-90% higher than in the UK (about £37k for a 1.4 160BHP), however legislation allows vehicles with extra carrying capacity to receive large tax breaks, hence the fairly unique Scirocco van. The logic behind this is hard to fathom, particularly in an environmentally friendly country like this but shouldn't complain about a rule that allowed me to have this!

It's a 2.0t with dsg in Dark Maroon, the same as Sumatra in the uk. Dealer lowered and fitted with 19" Lugano alloys, black leather with silver trim, multimedia and sports pack and the 'DK Pakke' a compulsory extra here (you have to have it but it's not included in the list price) with rear parking sensors and dual zone climatic.

I love the car, it really gives a great feeling to own and gets a lot of compliments, the only major gripe is that models here don't come with ACC as standard and I wasn't able to order it as an extra due to time contraints.
Congrats. Fantastic looking piece of machinery you've got there :) . My Roc van is arriving at my dealership on Monday....hopefully they can put in a P-Watch, de-batch it and have it all ready in a couple of days, so I can have it delivered by Wednesday or Thursday.

After seeing yours I'm thinking it might have been a mistake I didn't go for the Luganos. They look really great.

Just had a terrible thought after going through the options list on the UK VW website. I noticed that cruise control is an option, but on the DK VW website I don't see cruise control as neither an option nor being part of any of the Danish packs. And it's not in the standard list either. I'm terrified thinking about getting my roc just to find no cruise control :mad: . Do you know if it is standard in DK? Or if not, which pack cruise control is included in? I went for navi which can't be combined with the multimedia pack, so if cruise control comes with that (for some odd reason), I'll be without cruise control :cry:
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

Im 99,978% sure that cruise control is standard in Denmark, just like the winter package - so dont worry :)
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Hopefully you don't need the ACC in Denmark, but here in the UK, the roads are so sh1te, you need ACC to smooth out the bumps - all the fault of our greedy government banking over 80% of all motoring tax revenue for non-motoring spends and spending hardly any of it on maintaining our roads.

Best looking van i've ever seen!
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Do the metal pedals come as standard in Denmark? They're about a £100 extra in the UK.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
tjanum
18" Interlagos, ACC, RNS 510 Navi+Dynaudio, Rear tinted windows, Multifunction leather steering wheel, 2Zone electronic climate control, Carpet mats, Flat tyre indicator, Parking sencors, Electrically foldable door mirrors, Bluetooth Preminum, Xenon (range adjustable), Rain sensor, auto-dimming rear view mirror, coming/leaving home lighting function, Alarm with interior protection, Media-In, Catch up/Alcantara upholstery

Post by tjanum »

maisbitt wrote:Do the metal pedals come as standard in Denmark? They're about a £100 extra in the UK.
They come with a sports package which to some extend resembles the UK GT model.

Thanks for the reassurance, pafa :yummy: ....I'll try not to think to much about the cruise control over the weekend, as it is already driving me crazy.
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

The pedals are part of the sports package, so there an optional extra in Denmark too.
gusci
Options: Lowered, 19" alloys, multimedia/sports/DK pack, DAB, black leather, no back seats!

Post by gusci »

Thanks everyone, and great to see there will be a few more 'vans' on the Danish roads soon, I certainly have seen a few more sciroccos here than in the UK, fine Danish taste ;)

I think lowering the car does the most for the look, filling out the arches rather than the larger wheels. My dealer has a pearl silver, lowered with 19" gti wheels and it was gorgeous, glad I did I smile every time I see it.

I think the cruise control comes as standard, as you said it's not listed anywhere in the specs here, when I ordered I just made sure to double check. Although I don't use it as much as I have in older cars, the engine is just a bit too much fun! I'm not so sure about Danish roads being better than in the uk, you certainly feel everything with this set up.
FrederikBonde
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by FrederikBonde »

Hi Gusci,

Nice to see rocco's from Denmark..:)

I own one aswell i just love'it 2.0 TSI DSG

Are you from Copenhagen..??
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

These ain't luganos?!?
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

cosmo wrote:These ain't luganos?!?
interlagos
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Dealer lowered? What springs did they use?
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
tjanum

Post by tjanum »

And today my roc arrived at my dealership. I of course went by to check up on it. To my great relieve it has cruise control ...and it was all wrapped up in plastic. Even with all the wrapping inside and out it looked fantastic. Picking it up on Friday and will of course open my own thread during the weekend to brag and post pictures :D .
pafa
Sports Pack
Cruise Control
Parking Sensors Rear
Carpets
Exterior Badge Deletion
Flat Tyre Indicator
Rear Tinted Windows

Post by pafa »

How long did you guys from Denmark had to wait for the car?

I talked to the dealer this sunday, and he told me that the next build week for Denmark is 38 (!), so if I ordered one now, i could have it by Christmas :-((

Whats your experience?
tjanum

Post by tjanum »

pafa wrote:How long did you guys from Denmark had to wait for the car?

I talked to the dealer this sunday, and he told me that the next build week for Denmark is 38 (!), so if I ordered one now, i could have it by Christmas :-((

Whats your experience?
I ordered mine in week 14 and I get it this week, so 8 weeks from order to delivery - and I had the rear seats taken out which adds 4-5 days. However, I was sort of lucky, because I got the pick between the new 2010 model with production week 39 or the old 2009 model with production week 19. I went with the latter, because waiting as you say until Christmas to get a car is ridiculous by any standards. Honestly, I had not bought the car if I had had to wait more than 6 months on delivery.

I'd suggest you give it a try at another dealership.
gusci

Post by gusci »

alex_dlc wrote:
cosmo wrote:These ain't luganos?!?
interlagos
Sorry guys if I'm mistaken but I'm 99% sure they are Luganos and they're definitely not Interlagos, or are you talking about the white scirocco above?

FrederikBonde that looks really, really nice I wasn't so sure before but the white looks great in the sunlight with those wheels. Yes I'm in Copenhagen, some good driving not too far away.

Tjanum - congrats, I look forward to seeing your pics and another scirocco on the road here. What are you doing about the car/load weights that get stickered on the side? I'd like to remove them but I don't want to draw any more attention from the police :)

The dealer was very helpful and found the basic car I wanted in Jylland, then changed the interior trim, alloys and lowered it for me so I got it in three weeks. Very happy and lucky. I'd try a few other dealers if I were you, you shouldn't have to wait that long.