Do you get the pointing and mouthing thing.....

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Do you get the pointing and mouthing thing.....

Post by wigit »

getting a lot more of this and can't think why ;)

sir_rocco and me attracted a lot of attention when we paid the ford dealer a visit to ask about a focus rs, vw was getting more stares especially when next to a red ST (not interested in selling us a RS either), also a few chaps from my old audi dealer were itching to take a look
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Cooper1981
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: It came with Black Vienna Leather, Nav, Pano Roof, Park Sensors, Winter Pack.

Post by Cooper1981 »

I had a chap in a V40 crane his neck around to look at it at a set of traffic lights so he was looking between the b pillar and his headrest, don't know why he didn't just use the wing mirrors?! Also the guy in the petrol station asked me "is it a golf", to which i explained the differences and merits of the roc . I do find it slightly unnerving sometimes though!
Ich liebe mein Auto

Post by Ich liebe mein Auto »

I must admit I am guilty of the pointing and mouthing thing... can't wait to order mine, just need the bank to give me the green light! I pass 3 regularly on my commute, the drivers must be fed up of me by now!
BAIKAR
With a: DSG box

Post by BAIKAR »

I've had

group of lads in a 306 pull up along side and all give the thumbs up
stopped at a t junction a man in his late fifties dressing the window show approval
lots of drivers in the fast lane slow way up to sit at my 5 oclock position. I find that real funny, them thinking I don't know they are there!
pedestrians doing double takes
petrol forecourt usual looks
the ladies seem to like it alot
audi tt drivers realising they've made a mistake.......
my passengers always notice people staring at the car now more than I do, guess you get used to it.

Don't think i'll ever order a common car again when it comes time to change!
Cooper1981
Options: It came with Black Vienna Leather, Nav, Pano Roof, Park Sensors, Winter Pack.

Post by Cooper1981 »

BAIKAR wrote: audi tt drivers realising they've made a mistake.......
:D :clap:
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

You notice the attention the car draws less and less, I don't know whether there is less attention or whether you just get used to it.

But I really do think I have a common car.....I have seen only 2 Sciroccos in the past week, but they have both been Pewter Rocs like mine, and we've passed within a car's length of each other.

The other drivers must have been thinking of the old adage "you wait for 2 buses and both come at once" when they saw us.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI