Frameless doors?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
drake-o
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Frameless doors?

Post by drake-o »

Hi Guys

Had a little search and can't believe i can't find anything on this issue... Maybe I'm being super thick.

How do you get the frameless doors open when the battery is totally dead? Dont want to break the glass!

Cheers
sadtranz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Winter pack, parking sensors, H&R springs, Bluefin remap

Re: Frameless doors?

Post by sadtranz »

Might be wrong but seem to remember someone saying a key hole under cover by side of door handle
olechr1337
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Post by olechr1337 »

Yes there is a cover by the doorhandle. Used it multiple times during the cold winters in Norway since the locks and windows freeze a lot. Just put a little pressure on the top of the glass to make it easier for it to go over the little edge at the top :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

I think what the OP is referring to is not the door lock but actually the fact that the window won't drop to allow it to clear the seal when the battery is dead. I believe the only solution is to very carefully pull the door against the seal while trying to prise it up.
olechr1337
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

Post by olechr1337 »

Cuprabob wrote:I think what the OP is referring to is not the door lock but actually the fact that the window won't drop to allow it to clear the seal when the battery is dead. I believe the only solution is to very carefully pull the door against the seal while trying to prise it up.
True that. Was not sure about that so as i said, put a little pressure on the top of glass to clear the seal at the top. My glass has not cracked even in -10 to -20 degrees celcius :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Have a look at "Gummi Pflege". It's like a lubricant for the rubber and is supposed to prevent or at least minimise the window sticking to the rubber in frozen temps. Apply it to the top of the door seal and the rubber edges between the door and the window.

Even if the battery is dead, you can still open the door carefully and get in the car but you should be very careful closing the door as the window will still be up and wont seal under the frame until you sort the battery/freeze issue.
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available