Do you get the pointing and mouthing thing.....

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
albertz33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Re: Do you get the pointing and mouthing thing.....

Post by albertz33 »

andy wrote:seems Alan Partridge also stays at that hotel....
"Its the Japanese Mercedes..."
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sure is :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Chillout
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

LOL

Yesterday, our office was completely evacuated because of a drill... in such cases, all employees (about 800) need to gather in our parking area. My car was on the second floor, in one of the outer corners. While I was waiting on the first floor, I got a text-message: "Hi! Guess what? I'm drooling next to your car..."
So I went upstairs to see a group of about 15 people gathered around my car :eyepop: admiring it (or just waiting for the drill to be over, but I'd like to think the it's first thought :D )

I should've taken a picture...
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

....all the ladies love a viper :D
cotsios
In: Candy White
Options: Sport Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by cotsios »

Well, it really depends from the city you live and the roads you drive.
I live in Limassol, Cyprus, a small relatively town if you compare it with UK towns, with population not more than 200000 people. We have this long road parallel to the sea that almost everyone drives. On a normal Saturday/Sunday afternoon drive you may see up to 5 Ferraris, 10 Porches, 3 Lamborghinis, 2 M6, LOTS of M3’s and M5’s, 1 RR Phantom and yes! one Bugatti Veyron!.

Getting my Roc this Monday and I don’t expect any pointing lol :p
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

cotsios wrote:Well, it really depends from the city you live and the roads you drive.
I live in Limassol, Cyprus, a small relatively town if you compare it with UK towns, with population not more than 200000 people. We have this long road parallel to the sea that almost everyone drives. On a normal Saturday/Sunday afternoon drive you may see up to 5 Ferraris, 10 Porches, 3 Lamborghinis, 2 M6, LOTS of M3’s and M5’s, 1 RR Phantom and yes! one Bugatti Veyron!.

You might be surprised!!
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

YOu might be getting a lot of people like me saying .. "look at that lucky sod. Its still weeks till mine arrives" :mrgreen:
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

I came out of the local Indian takeaway on Saturday three guys were looking at my car one said "you should have got a green one pal" I don’t know if I was more shocked or surprised, seems the local unwashed are clued up on the Sciroccos though... :lol:
Katmadam
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather
Parking Sensors
SAT NAV
Cruise control
Lights pack
Tinted windows

Post by Katmadam »

It's absolutely divine what you get when you're driving the Scirocco around here in Belgium. I haven't encountered many of them on the roads here.
Since day 1 I have been getting the pointing and mouthing thing from all sorts of people, wheather they're older, or very young GTI lovers.

First day, at a roundabout somewhere in Flanders, I got a thumbs up from a young guy in a Golf GTI, through his open window
Since then, Seat Ibiza driver ( very young guy) gave me the same while i was driving out of the street he was entering.
I took my hubby to a Ducati dealer one Saturday where there was open house, and everybody stopped looking at the bikes and all gathered around my precious.

You know, these things do put a smile on my face......

It's great having your car admired...

Greets,
Kat
Turbo
Options: 17"donington's, premium floor mats, half leather, tinted windows, cruise control, black headlining, forge cold air intake, forge dump valve, h&r 35mm lowering springs, bluefin superchip, gt badge, blue vision bulbs, red brake calipers more soon hopefully

Post by Turbo »

if ya like attention its a great car only around 60 roccos in ireland and very few actually on the road my 160 was the first registered in ireland and i only know of one more in ireland
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Queuing for the Tamar Bridge toll (near Plymouth) today, could not help but notice the all the occupants in a nearby car craning their necks to peek at my car, it is a nice feeling :)

About 30 mins earlier my wife noticed a lad watched us drive through the town of Looe as if we were driving a spaceship!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

cotsios wrote:Well, it really depends from the city you live and the roads you drive.

See a guy in his Veryon most mornings and there are quite a few Rocs around now but the Roc still draws plenty of admiring glances & attention. Came out Wickes yesterday to find a guy taking some photos of my car. As i got closer he started to walk away and he turned round to say lovely car mate which was nice. It was bloody filthy as well, felt a bit ashamed.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Got asked today:

"is that an import?"

have also been asked:

"is that a corrado?" / "is that a kit car?"

still surprised by how many people have no idea what it is.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

sat in traffic behind a blue carerra 4s cabrio (looked great) guys photographed my car and not the porsche :eyepop:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I popped down to Reading today and whilst sat at some lights a little VW caddy van pulled up next to me and the woman in the passenger seat turned and said 'That's a really nice looking car' (I had my window down!) and proceeded to talk to the driver about it till the lights changed :)

Then on the way back a BMW 3er had a guy almost hanging out the window looking at it.

It's amazing. The car's been out since September and it STILL gets looks. Then again I think it's still a rarity. I've only ever seen 2 or 3 on the road.
prelude
In: Sumatra

Post by prelude »

easybreeze wrote:I saw a white one parked up and as we drove past I pointed it out to my mates... so a lot of the people are probably soon to be rocco owners :yummy:

Just wondered what everyone else thinks... I personally don't like it from the back, but once the rear side windows comes in to view the shapes all make sense :clap: Does anyone think the back looks good???
Easybreeze, the rear design aesthetic looks superb in my view...Strangely when i first saw a scirocco in the flesh i was'nt convinced about the rear design..but as times gone on it makes sense, and from a design perspective 'launches' what happens ahead towards the front of the car...it's the perfect response to the aggressive front aspect!!.....just feels right, in repose!...sorry for the 'arty' response but i'm a designer and thought i'd have some fun with the words..lol :D
AL1874
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, Reversing sensors, Continental headlamps, Insect collection evenly distributed over front end.

Post by AL1874 »

I’ve had a bit of the point stuff, but I’m not entirely sure if it is because of the car or because it is right hand drive in continental Europe.

When I picked it up I was driving back threw Antwerp and was caught in the inevitable traffic jam and it did seem to get a few looks.

I also had the man when I registered my vehicle ask if he could have a look round it, not for any legal reasons but just for a bit of a nosy, which I obviously agreed too, it never hurt to grease the wheels when paper work is involved.

As for German Sciroccos, they are still not all that common, with all the ones I’ve seen being candy white, which is a nice change from the compulsory boring Bundes colours of grey or black that the natives seem to prefer on every beemer/audi/merc.
TÜV Approved, Nürburgring Tested.
Mr S
In: Salsa Red

Post by Mr S »

A man in a Golf did a complete rubber-neck today - actually, it's mostly Golf drivers who stare the most! And when I took my car "up north" to Sutherland a few weekends ago it caused a few stop and stare moments.
DjIceT
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Alarm, parking sensor, cruise control, coming/leaving home lights, rain sensor, GT package, 18" Chicago alloys, multifunction steering wheel, alloy pedals.
RNS 510 - installed, not working yet..

Post by DjIceT »

I got a long, hard stare from a guy in a Porsche Carrera yesterday. His look was somewhere between "what car is that" and "I want one of those". :clap: Me like. gonna remember that for a while. :D
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Got passed on the A38 just north of Lichfield on Friday by a Black Ferrari 360 Spider, the bloke driving it didn't look too bothered but his missus turned round and had a good look. :yes:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....