Candy White Project

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
melonman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Candy White Project

Post by melonman »

Well I've been loitering on this forum for a while and now I've done a bit of work to my car figured I'd upload some pictures.

Picked it up in January this year from Citygate in London, few imperfections when I brought it, dent on the roof and a large-ish scratch on the boot lid. 2.0TSI GT with 30k on the clock.

Next step was to add a Miltek non resonated cat back

The car then took a trip to my local bodyshop to get the imperfections sorted along with a few other bits...it came back looking like this:

Spur of the moment...

Next on the list was to get some lows, thanks to this forum I decided on H&R Ultralows

Fitted, not as low as I thought Id let them set for a bit

Then finally today put the new wheels on (probably not to everyones taste but hey ho) and wound the coilys down a bit more - only 4 threads left on the fronts!

Anyway thats it for the time being, endless list of things to do!

Cheers,

Matt
Kennowaybino

Re: Candy White Project

Post by Kennowaybino »

Looking good mate
M4CES

Post by M4CES »

Looks good pal

Think the Bentley 5 spokes suit the car really well

Aaron
irckorus

Post by irckorus »

great!!!
Djianc
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by Djianc »

Nice
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Looks good. Not a big fan of the number plate fitted to front grill though. Doesn't look right imo
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
melonman

Post by melonman »

whiteDevil_170 wrote:Looks good. Not a big fan of the number plate fitted to front grill though. Doesn't look right imo
Neither am I but can't run without a front plate and I'm even less of a fan of sticking stuff to paintwork :shrug:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

melonman wrote:
whiteDevil_170 wrote:Looks good. Not a big fan of the number plate fitted to front grill though. Doesn't look right imo
Neither am I but can't run without a front plate and I'm even less of a fan of sticking stuff to paintwork :shrug:
so just reduce the air flow to the intercooler instead :)

will be interesting how you get on with the milltek back box on coilies that low, i had sparks off mine in france and was not quite that low and VWR rear section is shallower
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
melonman

Post by melonman »

wigit wrote:
melonman wrote:
so just reduce the air flow to the intercooler instead :)

will be interesting how you get on with the milltek back box on coilies that low, i had sparks off mine in france and was not quite that low and VWR rear section is shallower
Hmm won't reduce air intake by too much and nowhere else to put it really
Luckily not had a single scrape, bump or rub and I've driven (slowly) over the pretty monstrous speed bumps into work every day since!
Superted74
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: Pano roof, folding mirrors, cruise, lux mats

Post by Superted74 »

Very nice :yes:

On my old golf I put my plate on the passenger sun visor and held it loosely with cable ties so didn't do any damage. Drove round for best part of 12 months and never once got stopped and the police are plate happy by me.
James321
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

melonman wrote:
Hmm won't reduce air intake by too much and nowhere else to put it really
Luckily not had a single scrape, bump or rub and I've driven (slowly) over the pretty monstrous speed bumps into work every day since!

I can't believe it won't effect inlet temps, that plate position has almost completely obscured the intercooler from any direct airflow. I'm almost sure you will be suffering because of this, that intercooler will be running warmer and you'll be losing power.
A case of form over function if ever there was one.

The plate looks good on the bumper, why not get a custom sized one made up slightly smaller than standard so it fits the bumper better.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
melonman

Post by melonman »

The car is back in the bodyshop....(such an expensive hobby/ obsession!)
melonman

Post by melonman »

Got the car back the other day, had the bonnet resprayed as had a few stone chips, also had some more plastics under the engine done...