Flat spot 1.4 TSI 7speed DSG

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
simon090365
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: none

Flat spot 1.4 TSI 7speed DSG

Post by simon090365 »

I have a 2011 spec 1.4 TSI 7 speed DSG, i have developed a flat spot between 1700 - 2300 in D2 i have the accelerator flat down nothing happens then 2-3 seconds later the engine picks up again, anyone else had this problem?
Also i have a rattle from the 7 speed DSG g/box when slowing down unto junctions or stopping. Its not all the time its an intermittent fault, but seems to be getting worse
J400uk
Options: Golf GTD DSG

Re: Flat spot 1.4 TSI 7speed DSG

Post by J400uk »

Did you ever get this sorted? Anyone else had similar?
skyblues11
In: Candy White
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

Keep an eye on things Simon, and if you can , record the events with your phone camera. Explaining such problem is quite tricky.

was the gear indicator on the dash display blinking in that 2-3 second period?

I can't say if your problem is related to mine ( i have mentioned it elsewhere in this forum), but the 7-speed box is controlled by something called Mecotronic unit ( or something like that!). Its like a computer CPU. To cut a story short, i have to have that resetted just like a crashed computer. The dealer and the VW people at milton keynes did not what was the cause and the best they thought was to reset it.

It costed 385 quid.

if you are out of warranty, beware. My problem happened just 2 weeks after it ran out....
SuperstarDriver
In: Deep Black
Options: Select All [X]

Post by SuperstarDriver »

I had my Mechatronics unit and clutch pack replaced under warranty for something similar, juddering in 2nd gear and sometimes in 1st off the mark. Beware, keep the car under warranty otherwise it may get expensive, the bill on my repair was over £1200. I still have delays with gear changes to date with my box but its something i've learnt to live with for now, until something goes BOOM eventually.