DSG Gear Display

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
bungle
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

DSG Gear Display

Post by bungle »

Does anyone find it odd that the manual gear display for DSG runs 654321 across the MFD? Surely it should display 123456? Because you use the right hand paddle for up shifting, wouldn't it make more sense to 'pull' the numbers from left to right, and then 'pull' them from right to left when changing down?

It just seems a bit counter intuitive to me :shrug:
dchuraman

Re: DSG Gear Display

Post by dchuraman »

yeah ive noticed that, also i wish it was a bit bigger, most of the time i know what gear im in but sometimes if i need to look id like to see a big numberto show what im in
jntaras
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

Because the screen is not designed for UK cars :) (steering wheel on the right)so if you are driving from the left this numbering is right...
bungle
Options: Vienna Leather. Folding Mirrors. Parking Sensors. Carpet Mats.

Post by bungle »

jntaras wrote:Because the screen is not designed for UK cars :) (steering wheel on the right)so if you are driving from the left this numbering is right...

Is it? The steering wheel still uses the left paddle for down shifts, right paddle for upshifts, surely?
Zarger
In: Candy White
Options: Leather Seats
Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by Zarger »

jntaras wrote:Because the screen is not designed for UK cars :) (steering wheel on the right)so if you are driving from the left this numbering is right...
I also believe that everyone still reads left to right, nice try though.
LCM
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

I agree with the counter intuition and find it more annoying than anything else with the car - I also thought it was another cost saving exercise from VW but then realised the paddles would still be the same.

What's the chances the designer was left handed?!?

Roc On!!
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!