Potential Rocco owner

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
R32uk

Potential Rocco owner

Post by R32uk »

Hi there all!!!

Currently looking into the new 2.0 rocco and had a few questions??

Sorry if some of them are a little obvious as I have not had a chance to get down to the dealers as yet. Coming from a R32 MKv (which I love buy the way :D ). Unfortunately the lease expires in a few months so have started looking into alternatives.. and the Rocco is heading the list at the moment. Esp as its such a deal on a lease at the moment. Either that or a 2nd hand Gti (ed30) or another R32.

So....

1. Any common problems reported as yet?

2. Extras? Which are a much? Have the RNS510 retro fitted in my golf so will be bringing that across with me also.
Also looking into the dynaudio?
Does the armrest come as std?
Any others that should not be missed?

3. Anyone had a remap for the 2.0T?? What kind of figures are they pulling?

4. Has the xenon issue been resolved? cant see myself getting into a car without these now.

Thanks for all your help.. hope I havent covered anything that has been discussed before. ;)
JaseW
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Re: Potential Rocco owner

Post by JaseW »

Welcome to the Forum!

Well most of your questions are covered in other posts, I'd suggest doing a bit of a search for more detail, but to summarise.

1) wipers smearing, and some reports of rattles, but very few.

2) Dynaudio is reportedly really good, but the std audio is pretty reasonable. Must haves: DSG, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors (dependant on where you park it)

3) yes a couple of guys on the forum remapped, gains are about 40-50hp and 40-50Lbs torque

5) There off the options again, not just for Scirroco though, All VWs. If it's a must then there are some VW stock cars in the system with Xenons available I believe

I literally only picked up my Roc yesterday and I must say compared to all other VWs I've owned it's brilliant!
I luv Roc!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

R32uk, decisions, decisions, decisions as all great motors in their own way
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
R32uk

Post by R32uk »

Thanks for the replys..

Not sure about needing the parking sensors or folding mirrors as my car is usually garaged overnight and very rarely do I have a tight spot to park into but shall bear the low visibilty in mind as I have gathered from other posts.

I think the best thing to do would be to get myself to the dealer and then report back any findings that maybe useful to other potential new owners.

Have found by looking through the price list and links to brochures that quite a few of the options for the golf are actually std on the rocco :yes:

Tbh the only real essentials for me are the nice mats, armrest, possibly leather (not a good combo with cold early starts), got my own RNS510 to move over, a nice sound system (dynaudio??). Xenons would have been nice but seeing as they are not available will have to miss.

Might give dsg another try as I didnt think it was worth the premium over the manual in the golf, and does add quite a lump to the lease price which is very good by the way (just incase anyone is thinking of buying)!!
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

yes get yourself to the dealers and have a look, honestly though visibility is pretty poor!

The DSG box is excellent, have a drive and see what you think!
I luv Roc!
albertz33
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

DSG is not a must, this is down to personal taste, but everyone would agree that rear parking sensors, if you can afford them are a must, i didnt spec them, and i wish i had, as rear visibility is very poor. Dynaudio is very good, having owned a Mk 5 GTI without it the difference is noticable.
Zarger
Options: Leather Seats
Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by Zarger »

I agree that the DSG and sensors are worth having, as I have both. the sensors are indeed usefull due to visibility but make sure they are the factory fitted ones so you have the on screen display.
\\chrome//
Options: Dont forget the Ipod lead!!!

Post by \\chrome// »

Zarger wrote: but make sure they are the factory fitted ones so you have the on screen display.
On screen display? Whats that then?? A rear facing camera or something??
polts23
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, DAB, Elec Folding mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre indicator, Premium Sills, Alu Pedals & GT Steering badge

Post by polts23 »

No, just optical display of what the sensors are 'sensing'. See the pics in this thread
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... .php?t=202
\\chrome//
Options: Dont forget the Ipod lead!!!

Post by \\chrome// »

polts23 wrote:No, just optical display of what the sensors are 'sensing'. See the pics in this thread
Thanks - Thats pretty damn neat! :clap:
polts23
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, DAB, Elec Folding mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre indicator, Premium Sills, Alu Pedals & GT Steering badge

Post by polts23 »

I agree! I had the option of taking a car from stock, but with retro-fitted sensors (no optical display), retro-fitted cruise (which isn't available at the moment anyway), no folding mirrors (which i wanted) and get charged an extra £200 on top of the price I agreed for Dynaudio that I didn't really want - with all that taken into consideration I'm glad I stayed with the factory order with the added bonus of the '09 plate.
Magnust
In: Deep Black

Post by Magnust »

dont see why the sensors/folding mirrors are a must, haven't had these on my previous cars and have never missed them (last one the rx-8 which doesn't have much rear visibility either)
i often drive a lexus rx400h and i don't think you can get one without the sensors (so i know how they feel like, still wouldn't get them if i'd have to pay for them/pick them instead of some other cool extra :))
R32uk

Post by R32uk »

polts23 wrote:No, just optical display of what the sensors are 'sensing'. See the pics in this thread

Would this require addition software for my RNS510 as Im quite sure that even golf with parking sensors dont have this functionality.

Still waiting for a call back from the dealer with regard to a test drive.... absolutely hate VW dealerships!! For what reason would you not want to sell a new car??? :shake: