Ordering a Scirocco R DSG

Everything about the R for potential owners.
CarFanatic
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Ordering a Scirocco R DSG

Post by CarFanatic »

I was looking at ordering a Scirocco R DSG in Black for either next March or September, but then realised some people are getting up to a year waiting time. So.. first of all, when should I be looking at ordering? Also, if anyone could suggest the best place for price that'd be great.. after options etc it ended up being 34k for me.

Cheers
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: This and that.

Re: Ordering a Scirocco R DSG

Post by Strat »

CarFanatic wrote:I was looking at ordering a Scirocco R DSG in Black for either next March or September, but then realised some people are getting up to a year waiting time. So.. first of all, when should I be looking at ordering? Also, if anyone could suggest the best place for price that'd be great.. after options etc it ended up being 34k for me.

Cheers

The best time to order is as soon as possible really, sooner you order, the sooner it arrives.

Best price, hard to say of course, but for reference i got £2,000 off the base price + discounted options from Reading.

Hope that helps.

PS, Candy White for the win ;)
Rolling Deep...
birdman66
Options: Leather,sat nav, folding mirrors, pano roof, 19'' talladegas, VW Bluetooth, parking sensors

Post by birdman66 »

I waited 9 months for my car and I got about £1350 discount in the end
CarFanatic

Post by CarFanatic »

Cheers, I'll go and test drive one when I get a chance then, my local dealers don't have an R available to test, so I'll just test the GT. As for the price I found this website;

http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk/new/VO ... 876/prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2,500 off the list price, which seems to be pretty good going..
Strat

Post by Strat »

CarFanatic wrote:Cheers, I'll go and test drive one when I get a chance then, my local dealers don't have an R available to test, so I'll just test the GT. As for the price I found this website;

http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk/new/VO ... 876/prices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2,500 off the list price, which seems to be pretty good going..
Where abouts do you live, i think there's an R in VW Wandsorth (London) and there's an R in Reading.

As for DSG, might be worth not being blinded by DSG and considering manual... just a thought :)
Rolling Deep...
CarFanatic

Post by CarFanatic »

I live on the Wirral, plenty of VW dealers within 30 mins, just no R's :(

I've considered manual, but from the reviews I've watched / read the DSG seems to turn out a fair bit superior.

Also on the VW website, the rear spoiler is listed as an option, I was just wondering if that's an error on the website?

Cheers
Strat

Post by Strat »

CarFanatic wrote:I live on the Wirral, plenty of VW dealers within 30 mins, just no R's :(

I've considered manual, but from the reviews I've watched / read the DSG seems to turn out a fair bit superior.

Also on the VW website, the rear spoiler is listed as an option, I was just wondering if that's an error on the website?

Cheers
ahh, a fair way from Reading then! haha

I don't think those reviews are justified in their comments tbh. Nothing wrong with the gear change, and a simple short shift kit can resolve any potential issues with a long throw on the box. I personally couldn't bear to loose the ability to change gear (with a stick) as its half the driving experience, but still, if DSG is what you want, go for it.

You get the standard Scirocco spoiler, the R spoiler has been discontinued for some time although it was only marginally different to the one they now fit. There is a spoiler available to as an accessory, very similar to the Studie R concept, and seen on the Concept X.
Rolling Deep...
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

CarFanatic wrote:I live on the Wirral, plenty of VW dealers within 30 mins, just no R's :(
New one in the showroom at Hyde, Stockport SK14 5ET - not Black, Candy white with DSG, Pano roof, Black Leather. Sat in it last Thursday. Been there for 2 weeks.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
CarFanatic

Post by CarFanatic »

Ahh thanks for that, I'll have to pay a visit next week (week off work).
ChrisD1982
Options: Upgraded 19inch alloys, Full Leather, Parking Sensors and Blue tooth,

Post by ChrisD1982 »

I ordered my 'R' last July and picked it up 2 weeks ago. It is a long wait but definately worth the wait, I am really pleased with it!
sciroccoR25
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

ordered mine nov 2010 kinda picked up april (3 weeks ago) Worth the wait ;9 is all am saying
dannys1

Post by dannys1 »

Cheers
Chester VW has an R in the showroom. The lying salesman says its..."the only one in the country" :shake:
dannys1

Post by dannys1 »

Strat wrote: I personally couldn't bear to loose the ability to change gear (with a stick) as its half the driving experience, but still, if DSG is what you want, go for it.
Some people can't bear the thought of having to change gear - horses for course and all that. Not everyone likes messing around with a stick in a busy city (infact barely anyone in American like messing around with one full stop)

With the invention of fantastic DSG is basically makes stick changing obsolete, there is no reason for that system to exist anymore...except for those that can't "bear to lose it" (eg 95% of Britain who hate anything remotely resembling change or progression, difference or the bleeding edge haha - if its not "what they know", "what im used to", "what I already like" then its bad...apart from most of those things didn't even exist 50 years ago either)
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Sunderland Pulman has a Reflex Silver R in stock, they're pretty good to haggle with in there.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI