Sat Nav system

Everything about the R for potential owners.
sedus2000
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: sunroof

Sat Nav system

Post by sedus2000 »

Hi all,
Finally I've become the owner of R after 8 months waiting. It worths to wait! But at this moment I feel I had a mistake to an option. I just chose RCD 510 as a audio system, which doesn't include a sat nav. A common sat nav which is attatched on the front windscreen is not fitting well with my R. So I tried to change it into RNS510 however it's so expensive of it's own. It's over 2 grand.

So I'd like to ask you guys if there's better way to get it with some cheaper ways.
Or can you recommend another sat nav system better than RNS510 which is able to fit in scirocco R?

Cheers
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Sat Nav system

Post by Shaun »

Get one from ebay, usually around £500 to buy
sedus2000

Post by sedus2000 »

If I could buy it from eBay, how can I install it? Is it available in the common garage? And does it affect to the warranty if I took it in the private garage? Thanks.
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

sedus2000 wrote:If I could buy it from eBay, how can I install it? Is it available in the common garage? And does it affect to the warranty if I took it in the private garage? Thanks.
Its easy to install, it may need VCDS coding, obviously you wont get warranty on the RNS from VW , the ebay seller etc might give you warranty though, depends who you buy it from i guess.
sedus2000

Post by sedus2000 »

Is it easy for me to install it myself? VCDS coding sounds like difficult and very technical to me. Hum
b0rk
In: Candy White
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

There are some eBay sellers that will fit it for you assuming your based the uk.
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

These guys look quite good but I've no experience of using them myself. Looks like they'll come to you was well if you're in the right place. :)

http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
sedus2000

Post by sedus2000 »

Thank you, guys.
I'm considering two installer which I've found in the Internet.