Renewal Insurance RANT!!!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Nasher
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Tilt Roof, Cruise Control, Leather Interior, Autoglym life shine, OPS, Black mirror caps, bootliner, steel pedal covers, scirocco sill plates, 19 "Dotz Predators, Revo stage 1, lowered with KW springs, vinyl wrap to roof, plate insert and lower rear splitter - still not sure!

Renewal Insurance RANT!!!!

Post by Nasher »

:rage: Got my renewal notice in from Adrian Flux and thought it must have been a typo error it had gone up from £300 to £705!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

So gets on the phone and said to the nice man at the other end are you having a frigging :rofl2: basically it seems the state of play regarding insurance is that we are paying extra for all those that dont have car insurance :gnash: or are making false claims regarding personal injuries :smash: blah blah blah :mad:

I have tried Chris Knott and they couldn't touch the previous quote and said that one of the Companies wouldn't even entertain the 'Mod's'

It doesn't help that I have only got 2 years no claims but even so :cry:

Hewhore's GTI ED30 only gone up £150 which isn't too bad I suppose....

Any suggestions .....nice ones please :nod:
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Renewal Insurance RANT!!!!

Post by Shaun »

Yeh mine went up silly money too, so at the moment the remap has been removed and i am with Aviva at the moment which came to £350 for the R
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Cris, speak to SkyInsurance we get forum discount with them. Very nice & painless to deal with, I didn't end up with them this year but it was close.

S
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Nasher we've been hit on both the Roc and GTI, the GTI was more painful, the least painful solution was Sky Insurance, worth trying Greenlight and Brentacre

I noticed Bell/Elephant/Admiral were no longer doing cheap first year deals to sucker you in either

Sky were easy to deal with modifcation wise
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Nasher
Options: Tilt Roof, Cruise Control, Leather Interior, Autoglym life shine, OPS, Black mirror caps, bootliner, steel pedal covers, scirocco sill plates, 19 "Dotz Predators, Revo stage 1, lowered with KW springs, vinyl wrap to roof, plate insert and lower rear splitter - still not sure!

Post by Nasher »

Thanks Trix :yes:

Have looked at them will try them tomorrow.

Hope you are keeping OK

See you next week at meet

:D
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

wigit wrote:Nasher we've been hit on both the Roc and GTI, the GTI was more painful, the least painful solution was Sky Insurance, worth trying Greenlight and Brentacre

I noticed Bell/Elephant/Admiral were no longer doing cheap first year deals to sucker you in either

Sky were easy to deal with modifcation wise
Cheers Wigit

Am making a list as we type ;)
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Sky wanted £700 from me ?, last year it was £260 from my other company
scirocco
In: Candy White
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

I moved from £600 per annum to £780! I hate paying insurance.....
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Nasher: 2 years no claims and £300 on a 2.0TSI last year? That almost seems too cheap, even for a 30 year old (no clue how old you are). I pay just over £400 for a 140GT, and i'm in the second lowest national band area (of 5) for crime risk, parked on a drive and 35 with 10 years no claims.

I'd think £600-£700 was about right with only 2 years no claims on a group 16 (old system) car.

Try all the independents as well as all the search engines. How modded are you? Would you take the mods off for a far better rate?

Are you a lass? if you are, maybe that recent EU insurance gender "equality" ruling has pushed up your female rates?
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

Maisbitt

Humm :rolleyes: maybe I did get off light last year but even so don't see why it gets hiked up coz i'm a female :rara: Oh well I am wadding through the list that I have made.... don't want to return it back to stock :shake: :shake: :shake:

Will have to start sellling the 'Big issue' for extra pocket money ! :dancer:

Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Bloody irritating how cheap you guys get it anyway :( Hike or no hike!!

Well, mine is paid until November, so I'll just put it to the back of my mind right now.
Nasher

Post by Nasher »

oooooh another fellow Viper hellooooo..... :clap:

Maybe they should add a charge on the colour of your car you have :rolleyes2: the most popular ones could pay a much higher premium...... :lol: and we could pay less :woohoo:

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Ryy wrote:Bloody irritating how cheap you guys get it anyway :( Hike or no hike!!

Well, mine is paid until November, so I'll just put it to the back of my mind right now.
We have worked our way up (or should i say down) :D
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

I feel left out :(

Mine only went up in January ........... +£4.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

RW1 wrote:I feel left out :(

Mine only went up in January ........... +£4.

C.
you paid to much last year :lol:
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Yeah, never retire! They put it up for daytime driving :eyepop:

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
GeoffT
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors from factory. Added RNS 510 and Fiscon Bluetooth. Replaced RNS510/Fiscon BT with Eway842P Android headunit

Post by GeoffT »

Don't want to make you guys feel bad (well maybe a bit, there have to be some advantages of getting old!), but my renewal has just come through at £236.98 from Esure. That is with a squillion years NCB and I'm 51.
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

I've not looked at insurance for the Scirocco yet. Im 30 with 12 years NCB, no convictions/accidents etc. Wondering where the best place to look would be?
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

It varies so much from person to person it's difficult to say - but I've found Direct Line and Swiftcover to be the cheapest for me over the years and both with reasonable service. Thankfully not had to make any claims which is where you really find out what they're like.
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

If you value your no claims then watch out for some insurers. I went to priviledge with 8 years no claims, nothing happened in the year I was with them, and I left them with 6 years no claims. "we don't count after 6 years" was their reply, so why did you allow me to enter 8 years no claims on the online form then? Should have 13 years no claims as a result, but I have 10.

Lasses are probably about to see a big jump in their rates due to the recent EU gender equality ruling (maybe Nasher is a victim of this already?). Will Blokes rates come down correspondingly? Who are we kidding?

As for "who is cheapest?" Look everywhere and assume nothing. Age, NCD and location are the biggest factors, but 2 people with similar profiles (age, occupation, NCD) who live in different parts of the country with same crime risk could have very different premiums.

Time of renewal is also a factor - October/November seem to be cheapest times to get insured (maybe everyone being skint with xmas around the corner?)
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI