Finally ordered my new car! - Pics Page 2

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Finally ordered my new car! - Pics Page 2

Post by whicher »

After many, many months of umming and erring, I've finally taken the plunge. Ordered a new Scirocco from the dealer yesterday afternoon!!! :D

Went a little crazy with the extras, but I'm going to get the car I've always wanted.... that will hopefully give me a great deal of pleasure for many years to come. Here's the spec:

Scirocco 1.4 DSG (160PS)
Candy White

Multifunction Steering Wheel (Paddleshift + Highline)
18" Interlagos Wheels
Black Vienna Leather Upholstery
RNS510 Navigation System + Dynaudio
2 Zone Climate Control
Cruise Control
Colour Multifunction Display
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Winter Pack (Bi-Xenon & Leather)
Bluetooth Telephone Prep
Front Fog Lights
Parking Sensors (Rear)
Tinted Glass
Exterior Badge Deletion
Carpet Mats (Dealer Luxury with Scirocco badge)
Fixed Price Servicing

Not keen on the sunroof on the Candy White so didn't go for that. Also wasn't really fussed about the electric seats as I'm the only one who's EVER going to drive it!

Left a little bit of a hole in the old pockets, but I think my Roc is going to rock! ;) I hope I'll pleased with it.

Dealer estimates build week to be 13, which looks like the last week in March as they had allocation for the car. Not holding out hope for that though judging by other people's experiences with delivery on here. Can't wait to get it and share some lovely photos with you.

James
(Very happy, but rather poor now)
Last edited by whicher on Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
SCOTT

Re: Finally ordered my new car!

Post by SCOTT »

nice spec there, im sure you will enjoy that, you got dsg box aswell as i see you have the paddleshifts?
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Hey Scott. Yes I went for the DSG in the end. I was looking at getting a manual but test drove a DSG. It was such a joy to drive I decided to go for it! :)

mikefl
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Cruise, Winter Pack, Colour Display

Post by mikefl »

Whicher,

Got your PM but for some reason I couldn't reply to it. Pick has been delayed till tomorrow. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Mike
whicher

Post by whicher »

Brilliant! Thanks Mike. :)

mikefl
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Night Blue
Options: Leather, Cruise, Winter Pack, Colour Display

Post by mikefl »

Still can't reply to PM's. I've posted some pics in the general forum. I think the colour display is well worth the extra money - the colours are quite subtle and not too bright.
jimma1983
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: DAB tuner, Dynaudio Sound Pack, Smoking Pack

Post by jimma1983 »

I ordered mine at the weekend too. I ordered the 2.0TDI 170 in Indium Grey with DAB, Dynaudio and smoking pack. I was also thinking about the parking sensors, but at £365 it is a lot of money! The smoking pack was only ordered as it fills in the hole at the front of the car, there is no way anyone is going to smoke in my Roc!!

I have ordered the car for September on a 61 plate, so hopefully they should have plenty of time to deliver it! It is costing a lot of money, but I am so happy. Just 178 days to wait...
whicher

Post by whicher »

Cool!! Congrats Jimma. Nice colour too. :) Not heard a Dynaudio system yet but the dealer assured me that it was a MUST if you're a person like me who listens to quite a bit of music in the car. Looking forward to having a play!

jimma1983

Post by jimma1983 »

I've not heard the Dynaudio yet either, but from reading the reviews I just knew I had to get it on my roc! When your spending that much money on a car, the £435 difference is hardly noticeable! Be interested to see what you think of it once your car arrives.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

You're off your head speccing a 1.4 to that level
whicher

Post by whicher »

Why's that Andy? :( Have been looking at buying a Scirocco for a couple of years now and have been saving for one and the spec that I want. It's going to be a car that I really love owning and can have for many many years and be proud of. I've done my research, test drove the options and made my decision based upon the fact that I really enjoyed the drive of the 1.4. It's a stonking engine!! Coming from a 1.6 Focus here so I'm more than happy with the performance. :D Have you driven the 1.4 160PS DSG? I'm not a go-fast petrol head by the way. Hehe.

I'm sure you'll agree that if we all liked the same things, the world would be rather boring no?

whicher

Post by whicher »

Dealer just phoned. VW have apparently confirmed my build week as 13! They've given me the commission number and said I should be driving the car in April. That'll only be about a month and a half from ordering... I'll believe it when I see it!! lol.

stunt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Parking Sensors , Dynaudio

Post by stunt »

Andy-GTI wrote:You're off your head speccing a 1.4 to that level
agreed.
VIPER 2.0 TSI
whicher

Post by whicher »

stunt wrote:
agreed.
Ahh cummon guys, give a dude a break. Lol.

Would ne nice to know why you think that though. Not really that polite telling someone they're off their head when they've worked very hard for something they would like. :(

jimma1983

Post by jimma1983 »

stunt wrote:
agreed.
I dont understand that myself. A few of those options is just putting on the same spec as what the GT offers. The 1.4 160 is a good engine.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Simply cos ticking those boxes ont he configurator gives a price not miles from 30k. . . . . .

The depreciation will be mental on a 1.4 with that spec, and you'd have been better off saving the money used to put the GT basic spec on, towards a GT model.

IMO
whicher

Post by whicher »

Ahh kk. I could have bought at GT or an R. Money really isn't the issue, nor the depreciation for me to be honest. I liked the 1.4 because it felt really quite sporty and fun to me but still was more economical with a much lower carbon footprint. So I think I've still retained the sportiness and great driving experience without killing as many trees hopefully. :)

As I said, test drove the options and liked the 1.4 the best for me. Love the Roc over any other car on the market at the moment. Even the more expensive ones. :)

robsteruk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue

Post by robsteruk »

Hey whicher

You've done the right thing: bought what suits you. Enjoy the car. We all know the direction fuel costs are going anyway, which is why I switched to my first ever diesel.
jimma1983

Post by jimma1983 »

robsteruk wrote:Hey whicher

You've done the right thing: bought what suits you. Enjoy the car. We all know the direction fuel costs are going anyway, which is why I switched to my first ever diesel.
Agree 100%. When you are spending that sort of money on a car, you should get what you want.
whicher

Post by whicher »

Phew! I'm glad there are some people who don't think I'm bonkers... Well not completely anyways! Lol. Tough crowd in here. :) All good though.

Thanks guys.