Why Don't Service Departments Listen?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
lancs_lad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Why Don't Service Departments Listen?

Post by lancs_lad »

My car had it's first servicethis morning. When I booked it in I asked for it not to be washed and for the wheels to be rotated front to rear which I also asked for when I took it in. I waited for it and when it was returned it had been washed and not vacced and the wheels hadn't been rotated :grumpy: Doesn't look like there are any sponge scratches on it but why can't they read job sheets properly????

Service clerk suggested I take it back in for the wheels to be rotated or wait a further 30 minutes!!!! And to make matters worse she even said that I may get a phone call or email asking if I was happy with the service and hoped I would reply with an affirmitive :eyepop:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Why Don't Service Departments Listen?

Post by trix »

:(
my local dealer that does my servicing have been pretty decent so far but I still don't trust them so the car goes in with a home made door knob hanger stating 'Please Do Not Wash This Car' hung on the rear view mirror that is in kept in the glove box

S
Luke
In: Rising Blue
Options: GT spec w/Parking sensors & OEM carpet mats.

Post by Luke »

I'm so glad that I found this post. My car is due its 1st service this month & I thought a was a little paranoid about not letting VW valet my car whilst its there.
I've seen there Valet's handy work when I 1st collected the car.
Anyway I will make sure that I leave a post it note in the car just to remind them.

I've already swapped my wheels over myself at 8000 miles just to save the charges & confusion.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Luke

i've now uploaded my 'please do not wash' hanger into roccopedia http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... o_Not_Wash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

S
motorsportmatt
In: Viper Green
Options: cruise, interlagos, 510rds,

Post by motorsportmatt »

dealers dont listen, especially liverpool Vw, i take mine to chester now and just let them hoover only....
skyblues11
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

i used to run a Honda and the local dealer was next to a petrol station with one of those 2 x big spinning rolls carwash.

with the amount of swirl marks after my first service...so beware...
andyd68
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey

Post by andyd68 »

In general the local VW dealer that I use - Verve - are pretty good however there have been a couple of times over the years when the service department haven't done things that I asked them to do. Also I never get them to wash the car