Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

The Golf cabrio is back

Post by Kev »

VW has released a set of photos and a few details for the upcoming 2012 Golf Cabriolet model ahead of its Geneva premiere.

The new Golf Cabriolet features design changes from the standard Golf model including a new rear end styling, a more sloped front windshield and a lower profile roof line. The next Golf Cabriolet will come with LED rear taillights like on the Golf GTI model and safety features such as the automatically deploying roll-over bar, side head/thorax airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. The newly developed soft-top roof can be opened or closed at speeds up to 30 km/h (18.7 mph).

VW will offer an array of engine options on the Golf Cabrio ranging in output from 105 bhp (77 kW / 105 PS) to 207 bhp (155 kW / 210 PS). The DSG double-clutch gearbox will be offered on most power plant variants while the 1.6 liter TDI (105 bhp) with BlueMotion technology offers one of the best fuel-economy figures around - 4.4 liters/100 km (64 mpg imp) and CO2 emissions of 117 g/km.

Prices in Germany for the Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet will start at €23,625.

martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: The Golf cabrio is back

Post by martdy »

That's actually not that bad for a rag top, but the second pic looks like it reversed under a low bridge!!
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

a more sloped front windshield and a lower profile roof line

call me a sceptic but this car looks like a reworked A3 cabrio, the soft tops look identical
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

That perfectly straight body line all the way round (esp. 2nd pic) makes it look so dull and uninteresting :no:
Hughesy88
Options: Interlagos, fog lights, sat nav, tints, leather

Post by Hughesy88 »

scirocco cabrio also confirmed to be fake

to be honest i think this would be amazing!
nd10

Post by nd10 »

martdy wrote:That's actually not that bad for a rag top, but the second pic looks like it reversed under a low bridge!!

I'm surprised these days they have stuck with a ragtop rather than the modern day metal folding roof. I appreciate that would kill the EOS market but if I was looking for a convertible now I would opt for the full metal option.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

nd10 wrote:I'm surprised these days they have stuck with a ragtop rather than the modern day metal folding roof. I appreciate that would kill the EOS market but if I was looking for a convertible now I would opt for the full metal option.
Maybe the skills at the factory which VW took over....... Karmann.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!