High line MFD feature?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

High line MFD feature?

Post by Sootchucker »

Hi guys, in preparing for getting my new Rocco GT 2.0 TDI sometime in may, I've just handed back the dealers demo car (essentially the same car as I've ordered) which they gave me for a week to see how I liked it. Whilst I had the car, I was flicking thought the user manual to see if there's anything I didn't know, and noticed the section on the MFD display.

The car I had was a 60 plate (late 2010), and according to the usual manual there should have been a screen that turned the display into a digital speedo, with a large digital readout of the actual vehicle speed. However, try as I might, I could find an option in the MFD to display or set this up. Apart from the usual average speed, journey time, etc, etc, the only other option I could find was to display the oil temperature as well.

Is this a display that was been removed on later cars with the white display, or purely for the petrol models ?
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Re: High line MFD feature?

Post by Ian_Mac »

Hhmmmm, I've never seen this function on mine which is a MY10 with the White display.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Was this a standard 140 you were driving like you have ordered? the 140 only comes with the midline computer which does not give oil temp & does not allow you to change features (convenience menu) you need to have ordered the multifunction steering wheel to have the highland or have ordered in the gt trim.

S
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Are you in the UK ? , the big readout in MPH is not available here, you can on some cars use VCDS to change your car to "rest of world", and this can give the big readout
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Blue, I'm actually "Norbreck21a" from over at the mk5golfgti forum (we've spoken quite a few times), so yes it was a UK spec GT 2.0 TDI with the highline display. So is it just for the continent then in km/h ?

They should say that in the manual, as it's clearly there in the user manual of the car the dealer gave me for a week (not that it's a deal breaker of course)?
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Sootchucker wrote:Blue, I'm actually "Norbreck21a" from over at the mk5golfgti forum (we've spoken quite a few times), so yes it was a UK spec GT 2.0 TDI with the highline display. So is it just for the continent then in km/h ?

They should say that in the manual, as it's clearly there in the user manual of the car the dealer gave me for a week (not that it's a deal breaker of course)?
Ahh, that makes sense, Hello :D , you can do it on some UK cars by ticking 'Rest of world' in the Instrument setting via VCDS, then you need to change things like consumption back to MPH from KMH etc, then you may get full MPH screen, trouble is some dont get this at all when you check it on VCDS (does not not work for me), and some get a smaller MPH, there's a bit of info here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=154971.40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Below is the big version and the smaller one

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Yeah, it was that big one above blue that I thought I would get. Guess I'll just have to wait until the car arrives and see what's possible. Like I said it's no biggie, just would be a nice to have (I do like my toys).

Thanks for the pics mate.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I am not sure what the criteria is for being able to VCDS it or not ?, mine was newer than most that could get it so it could be that, or it could be and R thing, no idea, would still like it though.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I tell a lie about big speedo, i tried again today and set it to 'Rest of world', the turned of the alternative speed and turned on speed via Mfd and it worked, now im pretty sure i did this last time, only difference this time is i turned the car of and on again so perhaps this helped ?, anyway now got the big speedo :-)

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Cool, wonder if that will work with my devils juice model when I get it ?
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Hey Blue, just noticed the mileage on your car. Less than 600 miles ? How long have you had it. I'd pass that within a couple of weeks lol
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sootchucker wrote:Cool, wonder if that will work with my devils juice model when I get it ?
Looks like it works on all White MFD's
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Sootchucker wrote:Hey Blue, just noticed the mileage on your car. Less than 600 miles ? How long have you had it. I'd pass that within a couple of weeks lol
He's spent more time tinkering taking it apart etc etc than driving it you see!!!

14k miles here :D (not that I get around or anything, especially of late!!)

:lol:
ed2708
In: Deep Black
Options: leather
19" rims
rear parking sensors

Getting MPH on the display

Post by ed2708 »

Good Afternoon

my car was being serviced yesterday and i asked the dealer to change the digital display from kph to mph. they say its impossible but having searched i see it is possible but cant find any info on how its done. does it need vagcom and will a dealer have it? can someone let me have instructions i can pass to the dealer?

thanks

Ed
Shaun

Re: Getting MPH on the display

Post by Shaun »

Its a matter of going into instruments and changing it to the 'rest of the world', then you need to change units back to MPH obviously, that said i doubt your dealer will do it for you.

sparki
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather and Lows...

Post by sparki »

This is something I will definately want to do to mine as this was standard in the a3 and Im used to it now, Anyone in the midlands with VCDS who does this sort of stuff on a weekend? ;)
sid

Digital readout in MFD

Post by sid »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the digital speed readout in the MFD using VAG-COM?

Any help or link to a topic would be appreciated

Cheers
Shaun

Re: Digital readout in MFD

Post by Shaun »

Yes in instruments module change the speedo to 'rest of world', you will need to swop over consumption etc as it will be in KMH , you may need to turn off the alternative speed via Mfd too
Pie n chips
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by Pie n chips »

There's no rest of world setting in Instruments VCDS on my 2011 week 34 car :(

Can someone post a screen grab just in case I've skim read and missed it

Cheers
Sold up years ago :)
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Controller 17 Instruments: Byte 0, bits 4 to 7, value 4 (0100) to 1 (0001). Rest of the setting for bits 0 - 3 is 7, so 47 (01000111) to 17 (00010111) .

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!