Ex-Demo? Opinions

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Mr S
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Ex-Demo? Opinions

Post by Mr S »

Hello everyone, took a test drive today and the salesman offered me a deal on the demo model. It was registered on the 27th of November, has about 720 miles on the clock. It's got red paint and winter pack. He offered to sell it for £20,000. I loved the car, but should I love the deal? Opinions please!
SuperJB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Re: Ex-Demo? Opinions

Post by SuperJB »

Has it got leather?
morrissey
In: Deep Black
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

If it only has the WInter pack as an option, it doesn't sound the deal of the century.

I would haggle hard for a better deal.

Good luck
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

yeah,

with so few options, you could do better, saw a red one in scotland though, looked good.
Mr S

Post by Mr S »

Thanks folks - haven't haggled yet, because I'm not 100% convinced I want this particular car - hadn't really considered red, but I liked it, not bothered about leather seats but would have liked rear parking sensors. Thought I'd need a stereo upgrade, but was impressed with sound of standard system. The major sticking point is the car is actually second hand and I'd rather have a brand new Scirocco all to myself!

My dilemma.....
If I go for a new one I'll have to wait about 3 months, will have to pay more and my trade in will be worth less (it's not worthless though, thankfully). I'll have to sleep on it.
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Post by sir_rocco »

Mr S,

There are loads of cars brand new in stock around the VW dealers, get your man to search the system against some of your preferred options and you might drop lucky. Sales are really down so you should baga bargain, get the car you want and be the first registered owner. Get one though cos they are fantastic.
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

sir_rocco wrote:Mr S,

There are loads of cars brand new in stock around the VW dealers, get your man to search the system against some of your preferred options and you might drop lucky. Sales are really down so you should baga bargain, get the car you want and be the first registered owner. Get one though cos they are fantastic.
what he said,..get a green one, you know it makes sense
:devil
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Overpriced. I got a 58 plate (Dec 2008) rocco GT with pano roof, leather and parking sensors for 20k with 3.5k on the clock.

Keep looking bud :)
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

S8N wrote:Overpriced. I got a 58 plate (Dec 2008) rocco GT with pano roof, leather and parking sensors for 20k with 3.5k on the clock.
And I paid 27k for mine, so depends how you look at it... :)
simmytt
Options: winter pack,alloy pedals,

Post by simmytt »

same car and same option as mine i paid 16995 but it did have 2k on the clock, so plenty of scope for a much better deal.
Mr S

Post by Mr S »

Okay, I think this is what I'll do - I'll go back to the dealer next week and say the discount is not enough, I've worked out that the discount is about £800, but if you take off the £500 to first register the car (which I think is unfair to pass on to me as lots of other people have driven the car), then I'm only saving £300 which isn't nearly enough. I'll ask him to search the system for a new 2.0 GT (with winter pack and reversing sensors ideally) and see where that leads me. If he makes a (much) bigger discount on the ex-demo, I'll obviously consider it. If someone else buys the car in the meantime, I can live with that.

I should point out that the offer made on my trade in was £300 more than whatcar.co.uk recommends and I still haven't done any haggling!

Thanks for all the advice.
JaseW
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

There is a dealer offering new DSG Roccos for £19,113.00, so not so much a bargain
I luv Roc!
SuperJB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

If you are interested in haggling over that car then you might want to print this and take it in when you're negotiating.

Scirocco GT 2.0 TSi - Red - Cloth - Delivery Miles:

http://www.print.peweb4.m25.co.uk/?car= ... bl=leaflet
Mr S

Post by Mr S »

Had a long think and decided if I was going to buy a Scirocco, I wanted a new one that hadn't been thrashed on test drives before it was run in.....so I ordered a new salsa red 2.0 GT today, which is somewhere in the UK and I should get it on the 1st of March. No extras, and no huge discount, but quite a good deal on trade-in....and having seen in another post that there's a 5% increase on the way, I feel happy with my choice. Thanks to everyone who posted their advice! Now begins the waiting........
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

salsa red's a nice colour, saw one in the elgin showroom, looked good ( not as good as green tho :lol: )
bennylenny88
Options: leather pack, floor mats

Post by bennylenny88 »

i wouldnt get a demo car for taht price! when we test drove one we ragged it.. even the salesman did a little
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

I bought a fully loaded ex demo, 800 miles on the clock, over £5K off list price and that was before the prices started dropping!!!!

My car was apparently used mainly by the sales manager but even if it was ragged as a demo, I don't mind as that's exactly how I drive it.

It would be crazy currently to not get a VERY good deal, new or used as values are dropping like flies so minimize your depreciation as you never know what's around the corner that might make you have to change.

My misses has just found out she's 6 weeks pregnant so it looks like the rocs days are already numbered!!! I may or may not take a big hit on it but if i'd bought new and had to get out of the car this quick I would have a serious loss to deal with.
Roc'n'roll
Options: Leather, parking sensors

Post by Roc'n'roll »

albertz33 wrote:salsa red's a nice colour, saw one in the elgin showroom, looked good ( not as good as green tho :lol: )
<Mr T voice>What you talkin' 'bout, fool. You ain' t gettin' me in no snot-coloured car </Mr T voice>
Last edited by Roc'n'roll on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

eat your burger and drink your milk BA... :munch:
x5pea
Options: Black Leather, Sat Nav

Post by x5pea »

i got offered a white GT for 18,500, with 200 miles on it last week from my local dealer