Misty windscreen

Everything about the R for potential owners.
stevai
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19's
No other extras... I can do hill starts, fold my mirrors, reverse park and find my way to places all by myself :)

Misty windscreen

Post by stevai »

Along with all my other engine problems, rattles and everything else, I also have a gripe about the windscreen misting up.

Does anyone else have this problem with the scirocco? Basically, if there is the slightest hint of moisture in the air, my windscreen is always completely misted up on the inside. I have to keep a towel in the car for wiping it down on a fairly regular basis, and the de-mister spends more time on than off.
Never had this problem on any other car, and I currently have a Passat as a courtesy car whilst they try and fix the engine... and that doesn't mist up at all.

Cheers.....
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: Misty windscreen

Post by Chungster »

What engine problems u having? Still got bluefin on it??
stevai
No other extras... I can do hill starts, fold my mirrors, reverse park and find my way to places all by myself :)

Post by stevai »

No mate, I whipped the BF straight off as soon as I started with problems. Same issue... lots of mis-firing, back-firing and loss of power under acceleration. Still no fault logged with the dyagnostics though. This is their last chance to fix it, but whilst it's there I thought i would raise the issue of the piss wet windscreen, assuming that other owners aren't experiencing the same problem?
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Do you keep the recirculation button on?
It's very easy to build up moisture in the car if you do.
stevai

Post by stevai »

No mate, it's not kept on.
VWMerc
Options: GT Wheels
Rear Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by VWMerc »

I find its very misty when I 1st get in it in the mornings but once its gone (takes about 3-4 mins) I do tend to keep the fan switch on 1 most of the time as it does mist up a tiny bit when I am driving.
*Sledge
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, De-badged, Sills, Boot liner, Rubber mats. ( Dealer forgot to charge for leather seats, tried to make me pay a month after delivery. Didn't happen. : D )

Post by *Sledge »

I don't get condensation on the windscreen. That would annoy me in a new car. Does hint that there is excess moisture inside the car, have a sniff of your mats and see if they are holding dampness. I went for the rubber floormats as this is the most common place for damp to hide.
stevai

Post by stevai »

VWMerc wrote:I find its very misty when I 1st get in it in the mornings but once its gone (takes about 3-4 mins) I do tend to keep the fan switch on 1 most of the time as it does mist up a tiny bit when I am driving.
Yup, that pretty much seems to be the same as mine. Takes a good while to demist unless I dry it with a towel. Never had this issue on any other car though so I might raise it if and when they sort the engine out !
stevai

Post by stevai »

*Sledge wrote:I don't get condensation on the windscreen. That would annoy me in a new car. Does hint that there is excess moisture inside the car, have a sniff of your mats and see if they are holding dampness. I went for the rubber floormats as this is the most common place for damp to hide.
Annoys me to death. I did have a windscreen rattle fixed when I first got the car. Took me ages to track it down but eventually traced it to a rattling bity of plactic beneath the wiper nut on the drivers side. I wonder if the garage just removed this and therefore left it prone to moisture getting in. Hmmm.
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Not sure if this is an option but in my current car Honda Civic, the pollen filter was the culprit - replaced it problem disappeared!
Just the long wait for my Deep black GT tdi now (March 2011)
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

*Sledge wrote:I don't get condensation on the windscreen. That would annoy me in a new car. Does hint that there is excess moisture inside the car, have a sniff of your mats and see if they are holding dampness. I went for the rubber floormats as this is the most common place for damp to hide.
Must admit, since I swapped my carpet mats for the rubber ones I'm pretty sure I've had no condensation issues... quite an eyeopener really if you have wet shoes you can see exactly how much water would have been absorbed in the carpet :eyepop:
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available