Climate control switching itself off Auto

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Atlantis
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, DAB, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Smoking Pack

Climate control switching itself off Auto

Post by Atlantis »

Hi,
For the past few days, when I've got my car out of the garage, I've noticed that the climate control was set to manual rather than auto, which is a bit weird as I leave it on auto all the time and don't mess about with it. Today, I switched it back onto auto when I got in, and noticed that after 30 mins of driving that it turned itself off auto and back to manual. Don't know if there is a reason for this or whether it's a fault that has just developed? Anyone had the same?

Cheers
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Re: Climate control switching itself off Auto

Post by chrisyboyc »

ok this could be bad news. Last year my then Audi A3 did exactly the same thing and it turned out it was the fan pack which lead to the car over heating i only noticed the over heating as it was around 25 degrees outside and i was in a traffic jam. It had been doing it for a few weeks earlier a sensor also went as well. If your car still under warranty great if not like me cost £400. Hopefully i'm wrong. I also had a compressor go on a previous Audi A3 years ago and all it did was not get cold so leads me to believe that the Climate is shutting down and putting itself into safety mode.
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
Thommohawk
In: Rising Blue

Post by Thommohawk »

chrisyboyc wrote:If your car still under warranty great if not like me cost £400.
How could it be out of warranty if it is a UK model? The new Scirocco isn't even 3 years old, so none could be out unless it has been voided.
Current - Audi S5 4.2 Quattro V8 See here...
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
Atlantis
Options: Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, DAB, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Cruise Control, Tyre Pressure Indicator, Smoking Pack

Post by Atlantis »

Ok cheers. Yes it's still under warranty so I'll get it checked out. Thanks
chrisyboyc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather,Criuse Control, Dynaudio possible RS6 alloys if i have cash

Post by chrisyboyc »

Thommohawk wrote:
chrisyboyc wrote:If your car still under warranty great if not like me cost £400.
How could it be out of warranty if it is a UK model? The new Scirocco isn't even 3 years old, so none could be out unless it has been voided.
It was a general statement meaning it cost me £400 to fix my Audi with the same problem as it was out of warranty, he should be fine
If you see S9 CTC driving around give us a wave I do 40,000 miles a year it gets lonely out there
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

Thommohawk wrote:
Could have done more than 60k ;)
CrazyDave

Post by CrazyDave »

When you switch on the aircon, do the engine fans start on low speed?

If not it is the engine cooling fans that have failed or the controller..... do not use the aircon.... you'll run the risk of burning out the aircon compressor.

Seen this quite a few times and it gets even more expensive if the aircon comp dies too.
If only VW made a Scirocco VR6 Turbo......