Delivery tomorrow

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Tempest
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors

Delivery tomorrow

Post by Tempest »

My Candy white GT is being delivered to me tomorrow!! Can't wait! :D
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Delivery tomorrow

Post by trix »

:worthless:
(just a gentle reminder ;) )
Tempest

Oh No!

Post by Tempest »

My car was due to be delivered to me at 8.30 AM today.

At 8AM the driver calls and tells me that he's put Petrol in instead of diesel :cry:

Its now back at the dealership being flushed and having a new fuel filter fitted. Luckily the driver realised and did not start the engine.

Hopefully I will still have it today, but it feels like Christmas has been cancelled :mad:

David
micke_011
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Euro + Sports packages, RCD510, 2 Zone Clima

Post by micke_011 »

Huh, what a joke and it seems to be a lame excuse for something else. TBH, I didn't even know that was possible, aren't the handles different between the two?
Candy White 1.4 TSI 160 - DSG, ACC, 18" Interlagos (Euro Premium&Sport packs), Alu Door Sills, Current VCDS Mods Needle Sweep, Cornering Fog Lights, Alarm Chirp, Emergency Break Warning, Dension Gateway 5, sort of..
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

You can put petrol into a diesel, but the diesel pump handles are normally to big to go into a petrol filler. It used to be the case that diesels could hold a little petrol in the mix, but with the new high performance diesel technology it can seriously mess them up. I did it with my last car, but I realised and just filled it to the brim with diesel and it was fine.

I have managed to get a free set of mats out of it though!
nd10

Post by nd10 »

micke_011 wrote:Huh, what a joke and it seems to be a lame excuse for something else. TBH, I didn't even know that was possible, aren't the handles different between the two?

Isn't it that the Diesel nozzle is wider than the Petrol, so it should be almost imposible to put Diesel in a petrol rather than vice versa?
micke_011
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Euro + Sports packages, RCD510, 2 Zone Clima

Post by micke_011 »

I think your're right, I read it the other way around - I only now noticed that it was petrol in a diesel car. Anyway, I hope you get your car later on during the day Tempest, I suppose if they in fact just put the wrong kind of fuel in, just emptying the tank and fill it up again wouldn't be too difficult for the dealer, have a word with the sales guy - you might just get some kind of compensation for the delay.
Candy White 1.4 TSI 160 - DSG, ACC, 18" Interlagos (Euro Premium&Sport packs), Alu Door Sills, Current VCDS Mods Needle Sweep, Cornering Fog Lights, Alarm Chirp, Emergency Break Warning, Dension Gateway 5, sort of..
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Its on its way to me now with a set of free mats in tow...!
Blue Meanie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: panoramic roof, cruise control and i dont know what else yet!
Got a cool keyring...does that count?

Post by Blue Meanie »

I dont know what why round it is but i recall as i was getting mine he emphasised not to do it...am sure he said a deisel will still run if petrol is pumped without to greater fuss (although not ideal) but a petrol will not run and has significant problems if you try?

Bad luck... i know how ya feel!