Premium Bluetooth

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
andecoro
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Interlagos Alloys,Fog Lights, Bluetooth Prep, Tyre Pressure Indicator,Multifunction Steering wheel with HighLine computer . Luxury Mats , Rear Parking Sensors

Premium Bluetooth

Post by andecoro »

Hi All

I have the premium bluetooth fitted to my Rocco and wondered who else has gone for it.
I love to hear which model of phone anyone has got to work with it.
I knew it wouldnt be compatible with my iPhone but wanted to buy a cheap moble just for the car.
Ive had no success trying friends Sony Ericcsson ,Samsung or Motorola phones so far.

Thanks
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Premium Bluetooth

Post by wigit »

:pictures:

are there any bits of the lit on show?
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

The premium bluetooth requires an rsap enabled phone if I remember correctly.
breeza

Post by breeza »

robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

andecoro wrote:I knew it wouldnt be compatible with my iPhone
That's a bit rubbish.
Every car I have driven in the past couple of years with Bluetooth has been compatible with the iPhone, including the Mrs CRV.

Glad I didn't order it as I would be extremely p*** off!
Last edited by robrob on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

robrob wrote:Glad I didn't order it as I would be extremely p*** off!
Same here!

My iPhone works great in my brothers Audi TT and he got the standard unit with bluetooth fitted from factory in Feb 2007, surely VW could have had a rumble through the Audi parts bin?
willu
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Satnav, Dynaudio, electric mirrors, Leather, winter pack, flat tyre warning, Cruise control, parking sensors, Fiscon hads free, Mats and premium sill covers.

Post by willu »

rSAP only works with Nokia and a few others. My dealer would not let me order it....! Email VW customer services for compatibility (limted)

W
ketan

Post by ketan »

Hi

new to the forum, learning lots from all these posts though!

So am i right in assuming, as long as my phone has rSAP, it will work with the premium bluetooth on te rcd 510? I have a htc touch HD which says it does support SAP...also got it to pair with the mercedes bluetooth today which i understand is also rSAP based.
Dan Fitz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio soundpack, Winter pack, DAB & carpets plus have the First aid kit and Triangle on order.

Post by Dan Fitz »

I emailed VW and this is the responce I got, hope it helps. I have removed it from my quote and even the deal has said that I should get a parrot system.

Thank you for your recent enquiry. The factory fit telephone preparation available in the Scirocco as a factory fit is rather limited and only allows connection to handsets with an rSAP profile. I have included a list below of the phones that are compatible with the factory fit telephone preparation:

Nokia 3109c 3110c 5310xm 6021 6151 6230 6230i 6233 6234 6300 6500c 6500s 6810 6820 6822 E50 E61 E61i E90 8800 9300 9500 N78 N82 Siemens SK65 S68 S65 S75 SP65

Volkswagen has produced two after market products one called Bluetooth Adaptor that uses the telephone preparation, and the other called Blueconnect which does not require the factory fitted telephone preparation.
I have included some details below:

The Bury 9060 BLUETOOTH ADAPTOR is a new Bluetooth device that allows connectivity of mobile phones with Bluetooth functionality (some exclusions apply, see mobile phone compatibility list at the bottom of this page). This new device should be one of the fastest-selling products of the year. It has increased functionality over the Blueconnect and is cheaper too, priced at a competitive £203 fully fitted. The Bury 9060 is fitted to the dashboard so that its touch screen mobile-phone interface can comfortably be reached by the driver.

The system has a number of useful options:
Phonebook: download your phonebook names and numbers. Scroll through to select a name and call.
Dial number: select to display a key pad on which you can dial a number.
Voice dial: make a call by voice recognition without the need to set up voice tags.

There are more options available so that you personalise the system. The screen also shows signal strength, battery strength, Bluetooth on/off, and car connectivity.

Full list of features:
Dialog Plus voice control – for fast and accurate word recognition, no voice training required, visual and audio prompts Easy-to-use system with intuitive 2.8-inch touch screen Voice dialling with exceptional recognition Text to speech – reads text messages aloud Automatic call answering available Display shows contacts, call log, reception quality, handset model and name of network provider** Can store multiple numbers for one contact Maximum capacity 10 handsets, 100 text messages, 150 voice tags, 15,000 contacts Crystal-clear voice reproduction through vehicle’s built-in sound system.
Automatic radio muting when calling
Light sensor enables automatic switching between day and night mode, with a choice of colour schemes available for each Transferable to another vehicle Can change your mobile phone with no hassle

I have attached a compatibility list for the Bluetooth Adaptor

BLUECONNECT, a new Volkswagen Accessories-approved Bluetooth hands-free solution, is now available.

Blueconnect will retail at £300 including fitting and VAT, and will be incorporated in the fitted price pack marketing material as a Bluetooth phone pack.

Features and benefits:

Compatible with all mobile phones providing they have a Bluetooth profile
Speech recognition and voice activation, allows you to dial stored contacts and new numbers
Noise reduction and echo cancellation
Excellent sound quality and clarity
Fully integrated speaker and microphone
Easy voice set up and one-touch operation
Stores up to 32 names – four numbers per name, 128 numbers in total
Signal strength and battery level indicators
Automatic hang-up capability
Call waiting
Call muting
Radio muting – automatically silences the radio when there is a call
Call transfer capability – sends the call back to the handset

Please note that Blueconnect can not be fitted in conjunction with a sunroof.
alex

Post by alex »

All HTC phones work aswell.
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

Does the blutooth phone preparation include anything on the dashboard like a holster or anything?
222bhp & 340Nm
Dan Fitz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio soundpack, Winter pack, DAB & carpets plus have the First aid kit and Triangle on order.

Post by Dan Fitz »

No afraid not, unless you use the cup holder. But if you go to www.brodit.com they have a few kits that can be installed to add a phone holder which they also supply.
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

www.dsldevelopments.com is a good site for all things Brodit / ProClip. Helpful email support plus good sales service. I used them about a year ago.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
alex

Post by alex »

If we are lucky, and I mean lucky, the rSAP issue might be solved with upcoming 3.0 patch for the iPhone. It is just a software issue, so on a longer term Im sure its gonna be fixed.
JIrwin1982

Post by JIrwin1982 »

Hi sorry for me not being so knoweldgable on this tech stuff, however, I am just in the process of definign the spec for a 2.0 GT auto that I am in the process of orering. Unfotunately I have an iPhone 3G. Im disappointed to say the least to hear that this phone isnt compatible.

I was going to opt for the bluetooth phone prep, however, i dont understand what the differences are betwen this bluetooth adaptor and the Bury 6090 adapter. Do you think rSAP will be available as part of the iPhone software upgrde?

Thanks for your help!!!
James
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

i can confirm that it works perfectly with the blackberry bold.
it shoul also work with a blackberry storm and curve, as they too have rSAP.
222bhp & 340Nm
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Hey all just had a question:
In my options i had the "Mobile phone preperation "premium" with bluetooth interface (rSAP) and voice control", but I forgot about it once I received my car. Anyway, once I pressed on the phone button (rcd 510) nothing appeared just an SOS sign. So i was wondering if somone knew how to activate it or should I just go to the dealers and give them a piece of my mind :rage: ?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
atayub
Options: dynaudio,Truffle Leather,electric seats,Winter Pack,folding mirrors,Tyre pressure monitor,Sat Nav,Blue tooth,Metal pedal caps,Steel sills, Luxury front/rear mats,boot liner,park sens,cruise control.Early June!atayub

Post by atayub »

I have a premium blue tooth option. Maybe I should have gone for the bury kit but I felt the premium one makes best uses of the steering wheel buttons, the MDI, and the main centre screen.

So i upgraded to a nokia e71 which has rsap functionality. D day comes the car arrived last wednesday and it works, but yet................. not fully :-(

I was majorly pi&&&d off! I did the right thing i thought, nokia yes rsap yes.

What happens is the telephone book does not fully download. So what does that mean, well in English i can receive and make calls fine. But i can not select a number from my phone book as it does not "fully" down load. Yet the strange thing is when I voice dial the number (this is the sort of cool part that you can press the voice button and speak the numbers and the kits speaks back and dials the number for you, downside is you have to actually know the number my heart in the first bloody place!). Anyway so assume you know the number and you voice dial it, it dials out and on the centre screen you can actually see the name from your phone book! So basically it only recognises your phone book this way. The other way it recognises phone book numbers is on the MDI and centre screen when you get a missed call, text messaage etc, you can read the information, you can respons by calling the person back by the memory in the car.

What i did about it?

Well dealer no help just saying phone is not compatible, crap, if phone is not compatible how does it allow me to read test message via the MDI and know the name from my phone book of the people saved from phone, when someone calls me this shows up on the centre screen as well, also when i manually dial the number out, when it starts to dial up it also shows the name from the phone book.

Nokia's explanation is that as the nokia E71 is a smart phone and has the latest blue tooth software that is more advanced then the others it will not work the same way as the other phones. Basically they say tough sh** the phone gets updates but they did not bother to update the premium ticket between themselves and VW.

Work around?

Well i have to say that for now the car does allow you to save 5 numbers in its own memory, so i have saved the 5 numbers that i call the most that i do not know by heart. The other common one's such as my work number, home number, the wifes number etc that i do know the numbers for I just use the voice recognition system which i actually enjoy.

The numbers that i dial after the above i have saved in places like missed calls, or dialled numbers, received calls etc so i can lift them from there. So 90% of the time I am happy with this.

Conclusion,

If you have an old or crap nokia with RSAP then you are ok. If you one with the latest technology that is not in their recommended list (i.e. Nika E71 etc) then you are taking a gamble on it having the old bluetooth RSAP functionality.

looking back now Bury kit would have been the answer BUT i must say there is some funtionality that I now use on the premium kit that i would really miss i.e. reading my messages off the steering wheel, calling back missed calls from steeeing wheel and reading all this on the MDI.

Sorry for the long explanation but hey, maybe it will save some one else a bit of grief (i have now ordered a nokia 8800 sapphire arte on ebay for a good price, lets hope that works when it arrives!)
gingerscotsman
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

I have a Nokia N85 and this works great with premium bluetooth. :)
elidag

Post by elidag »

Dan Fitz wrote:I emailed VW and this is the responce I got, hope it helps. I have removed it from my quote and even the deal has said that I should get a parrot system.

Thank you for your recent enquiry. The factory fit telephone preparation available in the Scirocco as a factory fit is rather limited and only allows connection to handsets with an rSAP profile. I have included a list below of the phones that are compatible with the factory fit telephone preparation:

Nokia 3109c 3110c 5310xm 6021 6151 6230 6230i 6233 6234 6300 6500c 6500s 6810 6820 6822 E50 E61 E61i E90 8800 9300 9500 N78 N82 Siemens SK65 S68 S65 S75 SP65

Volkswagen has produced two after market products one called Bluetooth Adaptor that uses the telephone preparation, and the other called Blueconnect which does not require the factory fitted telephone preparation.
I have included some details below:

The Bury 9060 BLUETOOTH ADAPTOR is a new Bluetooth device that allows connectivity of mobile phones with Bluetooth functionality (some exclusions apply, see mobile phone compatibility list at the bottom of this page). This new device should be one of the fastest-selling products of the year. It has increased functionality over the Blueconnect and is cheaper too, priced at a competitive £203 fully fitted. The Bury 9060 is fitted to the dashboard so that its touch screen mobile-phone interface can comfortably be reached by the driver.

The system has a number of useful options:
Phonebook: download your phonebook names and numbers. Scroll through to select a name and call.
Dial number: select to display a key pad on which you can dial a number.
Voice dial: make a call by voice recognition without the need to set up voice tags.

There are more options available so that you personalise the system. The screen also shows signal strength, battery strength, Bluetooth on/off, and car connectivity.

Full list of features:
Dialog Plus voice control – for fast and accurate word recognition, no voice training required, visual and audio prompts Easy-to-use system with intuitive 2.8-inch touch screen Voice dialling with exceptional recognition Text to speech – reads text messages aloud Automatic call answering available Display shows contacts, call log, reception quality, handset model and name of network provider** Can store multiple numbers for one contact Maximum capacity 10 handsets, 100 text messages, 150 voice tags, 15,000 contacts Crystal-clear voice reproduction through vehicle’s built-in sound system.
Automatic radio muting when calling
Light sensor enables automatic switching between day and night mode, with a choice of colour schemes available for each Transferable to another vehicle Can change your mobile phone with no hassle

I have attached a compatibility list for the Bluetooth Adaptor

BLUECONNECT, a new Volkswagen Accessories-approved Bluetooth hands-free solution, is now available.

Blueconnect will retail at £300 including fitting and VAT, and will be incorporated in the fitted price pack marketing material as a Bluetooth phone pack.

Features and benefits:

Compatible with all mobile phones providing they have a Bluetooth profile
Speech recognition and voice activation, allows you to dial stored contacts and new numbers
Noise reduction and echo cancellation
Excellent sound quality and clarity
Fully integrated speaker and microphone
Easy voice set up and one-touch operation
Stores up to 32 names – four numbers per name, 128 numbers in total
Signal strength and battery level indicators
Automatic hang-up capability
Call waiting
Call muting
Radio muting – automatically silences the radio when there is a call
Call transfer capability – sends the call back to the handset

Please note that Blueconnect can not be fitted in conjunction with a sunroof.
I had the same problem with my N95 if you go to the Nokia website http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 get the download application and install it on you phone. You will then need to delete your existing bluetooth connection start the application on your phone and reconnect your phone to the premium bluetooth kit. All contacts will then be uploaded to the car. As all the contact details are saved in the car you can now stop the download application on your phone. I have used this and now have full functionality. On the Nokia site it does say that the the E71 is compatible with this software application so give it a try.

Dave