Diesel Scirocco

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Diesel Scirocco

Post by klippie »

Does anyone have Diesel Scirocco yet if so how's the power delivery compared to the older PD engines, I drive a Fabia VRS just now with the 130 PD which is excellent.
Bagwafu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Re: Diesel Scirocco

Post by Bagwafu »

I had a Fabia VRs - it was awesome.
drnick
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

my missus had a ibiza 130PD which was great fun, my dad has a golf 2.0 TDi 140 which i'm guessing is the same unit thet goes in the Rocco. The new engine is obviously a little more powerful but doesn't have that older tdi punch as the turbo kicks in so doesn't actually feel quite as fast. He's had a golf 170 tdi as a courtesy car and apparently the difference is very noticeable. If you can wait for the 170 i would. hope this helps!!
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

drnick wrote:my dad has a golf 2.0 TDi 140 which i'm guessing is the same unit thet goes in the Rocco. !!
New unit in the Roc is the new common rail diesel which is in the new Golf, not the Mk5 Golf
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

mister.c. wrote:
drnick wrote:my dad has a golf 2.0 TDi 140 which i'm guessing is the same unit thet goes in the Rocco. !!
New unit in the Roc is the new common rail diesel which is in the new Golf, not the Mk5 Golf
So is the new engine in the Roc better, and if so, how?
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
cole trickle
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite leather, Sat Nav, Parking sensors, VW mats, cruise control, Revo remap, Sachs clutch and Quaife LSD

Post by cole trickle »

I'm trading my Fabia VRS in next weekend for my Scirocco :D Although I'm going for the 2.0 petrol.

Going to be sad to see the Skoda go, but I think the rocco should soften the blow.
'Rubbin' son is racing'
robrob
With a: DSG box
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

iambu wrote:
mister.c. wrote:New unit in the Roc is the new common rail diesel which is in the new Golf, not the Mk5 Golf
So is the new engine in the Roc better, and if so, how?
Driven both the Passat, and the old A4 with the older engine, and before the Scirocco I was driving the new shape A4 with the new common rail, and it is a huge improvement.
Smoother, much quieter, and more pleasant to live with.
klippie
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

cole trickle,

I'll be sad to get rid on my VRS too as its a great car I love the punch of the PD engine but its time to move on, if you don't mind me asking what year/mileage is your VRS and how much are they giving you for it.
robrob wrote:I was driving the new shape A4 with the new common rail, and it is a huge improvement.
Smoother, much quieter, and more pleasant to live with.
Are you saying the PD low down grunt is gone on the CR diesel... :eek:
klippie

Post by klippie »

I managed to get a test drive of a MK6 golf with the 140 CR diesel it had done only 35 miles so it was far from loosened up but it felt pretty good its defiantly not got the instant punch of the PD diesel, its power is spread further up the rev range its still good and quick super smooth and quiet only at tick over would you know it was a diesel. I don’t know if the Golf and Scirocco will have the same gearbox in 6th gear the Golf was showing 1900rpm at 70mph maybe the taller gearing was giving the impression of slower pick-up.

One last thing the dash on the MK6 was stunning pity the Scirocco didn't have the same.