An Update on Build Weeks and Delays

Everything about the R for potential owners.
RichardD
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, Sound, Cruise.

An Update on Build Weeks and Delays

Post by RichardD »

I ordered 31/12/09 and got an unconfirmed BW 17, followed by unconfirmed BW 23. Citygate however found me a Rising Blue DSG from stock which included Sat Nav, Phone and 19s and they have taken a hit on the additional cost. They said that there are now 22 orders with unconfirmed BW and an increasing backlog as VW are not building them quickly enough and so delays are likely to get worse. There are now more stock ones out there - although I think many are manual. I was probably lucky as Citygate put huge pressure on VW UK to release 'mine' which I pick up tomorrow. Hope all you guys waiting get yours soonest.
RO55EEE
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, Speaker upgrade.

Re: An Update on Build Weeks and Delays

Post by RO55EEE »

Ordered October 09, was told March then May !!!! Now have unconfirmed build week 31 !!!!!!!!!!! RUBBISH !!!!!! VW need to get there act together !!!
blakest
In: Candy White
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

Hi Rosseee, unconfirmed wk 31 is bad! i would phone VW customer service and fined out when the order was placed with them. I think we should have gone to Citygate lol
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Bizarre, as at my dealer in Bath (if im allowed to say that) ordered mine which came in first, then they had 2 more blue R's just come in as stock.
Sold straight away mind :nod:
mike-p

Post by mike-p »

This doesn't make sense, I ordered mine 4th Jan and took delivery on the 27th March, built to my specification. It sounds like your dealers are being less than honest.
Life's too short to go slow

Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance 2.0CR
Revo, Steinbauer & Oscarli Dealer for Suffolk and N.Essex
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

there is alot that goes on behind the orders; dealer allocation, & also the fact these are R orders will most likely affect it
those that are getting these poor excuses regarding their orders its worth ringing vw customer services & seriously kicking up some stink (like martin has done), we can't do anything on here but advise, but they should be able to do something if you shout & scream loud enough.

mike with your the dealer may have been able to amend an existing demo order they had.

S
martinjrose
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

Yes I really did give them hell, both to my dealer and customer services. But it was pot luck that the women who took my case on, was able to get my slotted into a priority build week. I have also emailed the customer services in Germany to give them a piece of my mind.