Reflex Silver Scirocco R

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Georgeous
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Reflex Silver Scirocco R

Post by Georgeous »

Scirocco R (1).JPG
Scirocco R (2).JPG
Scirocco R (3).JPG
Scirocco R (4).JPG
Scirocco R (5).JPG
Hi Folks,

I've just received some pictures of my Scirocco R from my dealer, so I thought I'd share them with you all, so you could see what an R looks like in Reflex Silver. I particularly like the picture of it rear-end :yummy:

I'll update you on what it's like to drive in about 15 days time, after I get back home and pick it up.

Best Regards
George T. Smith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Re: Reflex Silver Scirocco R

Post by raffoul232 »

:yes: :yes: looks ace george. It seems youve picked nearly every option, how much did you pay for it?
ALL MODS ON HOLD
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

damn thats a good colour for a R!!
well done George

S
Georgeous
Options: 19" Talladega Alloys, Vienna Leather, DVD Navigation with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Cruise Control, Phone Prep, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Drivers Seat (Electric)

Post by Georgeous »

raffoul232 wrote::yes: :yes: looks ace george. It seems you've picked nearly every option, how much did you pay for it?
Hi Raffoul,

I got a bit carried away with myself when I ordered mine and it ended up costing me 34,335UKP (I don't have a pound sign on this keyboard!) The same car if I was to order it today was over 36K :eyepop:

I qualified for the 2K scrappage deal on my 15yr old & 'slightly' knackered Corrado VR6 Storm that was probably wasn't worth that much. So I'm really only handing over 32,355UKP. So all in all I reckon I got the R at a very good price :)
The other way I look at it is that I paid 31,360UKP for my Mk5 Golf R32 2 1/2 years ago, so I reckon I'm getting an even better looking car, with a higher spec for only 2K more than I paid for my R32. And considering the price of the similarly specced Golf R, the Scirocco R is an even better deal :D

Best Regards
George T. Smith
stevai
With a: Manual box
Options: 19's
No other extras... I can do hill starts, fold my mirrors, reverse park and find my way to places all by myself :)

Post by stevai »

Yeah that does look pretty sweet. I still havent seen one in the flesh yet but my bro just advised that there is a black one at the VW garage in Stockport. Gonna check it out later.... and desperately hope that i dont regret changing my order from black to white!
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

trix wrote:damn thats a good colour for a R!!
well done George

S
Cheers Trix,

I keep promising myself that I'll buy a different colour each time I change my car, and then I bottle out at the last minute and order another silver one. Mainly because it's just such a damned easy colour to live with!
The Scirocco will the 6th silver car I've bought since 2000 and I'll now have 3 silver cars parked in my drive. :rolleyes:

Kind Regards
George T. Smith
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i think you should be publically flogged for scrapping a Corrado VR6 Storm
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

wigit wrote:i think you should be publically flogged for scrapping a Corrado VR6 Storm
Funny, that's what my girlfriend said to me as well! :(

But in all truth, scrapping it wasn't an easy decision to make. My partner broke her heart when I handed the keys over to VW.
But it had sat outdoors for the last 13 years of it's life in all sorts of weather, and I was completely fed up constantly spending out my hard earned just to keep it in roadworthy condition. The bodywork was seriously tatty and deteriorating every year, and since I started working overseas 5 years ago, I just didn't have the spare time to keep on top of any of the repairs. :shrug:

It would've also cost a helluva lot more than 2K to get it fixed up and nobody was remotely interested in buying it in the condition it was in. So I bit the bullet and took the scrappage deal!

But I'm sure the spirit of my once excellent Corrado will live on in my lovely new Scirocco :)
SilverChariot
In: Rising Blue
Options: Acutally, it's a Golf R.

Post by SilverChariot »

Georgeous wrote: I particularly like the picture of it rear-end :yummy:
Yep, that's a nice Rs on you R. :lol:
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

kpudgar
In: Deep Black

Post by kpudgar »

Damn, that's a fine looking Roc!!!
Thanks for the pics...I was looking everywhere for some nice and good pics from all angles of the R in Reflex Silver....hope there will be more soon.

I too love the rear!

The only mod I would do is...I would lower it...otherwise it's an excellent piece of machinery with awesome spec.

This is how it would look lowered (35mm):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

kpudgar wrote:The only mod I would do is...I would lower it...otherwise it's an excellent piece of machinery with awesome spec.

This is how it would look lowered (35mm):
Wow!!! Thanks for photo-shopping that picture! It definitely looks better with the suspension lowered. :clap:
Unfortunately I live out in the sticks, and the access road to my house is a natural disaster each winter. So I fear that if I was to lower the Roc, I would only end up doing some damage to the underside of the car. Not that it will ever be out of the garage during the winter! ;)

Cheers Again :)
George T. Smith
SciroccoMan.gr
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Sport Package + Interlagos and i order H&R suspension 1st level

Post by SciroccoMan.gr »

Excellent choice!!! Well Done!!! Have Fun...!!! :) :yes:
Mainy
Options: 19s, Leather, Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio

Post by Mainy »

Very nice colour choice George, nice and stealthy 8)
Black Roc R
Gary_Monkey
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steering Wheel with Paddle Shift and Highline computer, Front Fog Lights, Mats front and rear.

Car ordered 30 June 2009.
Car built Build Week 43.
Car built and at check point 5 (20/10)
Car now at check point 7 (21/10)

Post by Gary_Monkey »

Lovely motor George, looks super. I'm liking th dark rear lenses on the R models.

Round where I live I've seen only 1 R on the road and it was in Rising Blue. The xenon headlights looked really nice and white by the way.

How fast does the R feel compared to your old Mk5 R32? I only ask because the old R32 had a 3.2-litre V6 block.

Gary
Car now at docks waiting to board ship. Due to sail Sat 24 Oct! 23/10
Car now at a UK port being checked. 26/10)
Car still at the port of Sheerness until 3 Nov. Grrr 29/10
Car at dealers and being prepped. 3/11
Car Deliverd :-) 10 Nov 2009
marriedblonde
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Winter pack, 19"'s and a couple of other bits I have forgotten.

Post by marriedblonde »

Very, very, very nice! Looks lovely in silver (and this is from someone who only ever buys black cars!!!
Married and Blond, yes. Still a guy with a poor taste in user names.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

Gary_Monkey wrote:How fast does the R feel compared to your old Mk5 R32? I only ask because the old R32 had a 3.2-litre V6 block.

Gary
Hi Gary_Monkey,

My R might be in the UK, but unfortunately I'm not :cry: I work overseas and don't get back home until the 12th May, so I'll pick it up on the 13th or 14th May :clap:

But I did manage to borrow their demo manual R for an afternoon when I was last home, and I can honestly say it feels a lot quicker & more nimble to drive than my R32. So I'm hoping the DSG box makes that experience all the more pleasurable!
And as I recall, the R's turbo soundtrack was no slouch, but the sound of the R32's V6 still puts a big grin on my face :D

I'll post again once I've driven it for a bit and managed to stop grinning like an idiot :hyper:

Later,
George
brendan

Post by brendan »

congrats,you have one v v v tasty roc r there george :yes: :yes: :nod: . most definately the best colour for the r,it just seems to strikingly but subtley show up all the finer details,particularly at the rear,where some colours just dont tie in with the exhaust pipes treatment, enjoy it.
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

marriedblonde wrote:Very, very, very nice! Looks lovely in silver (and this is from someone who only ever buys black cars!!!
Glad you like it, and hopefully the pics will tempt others to go down the Reflex Silver road :yes:

I was very reluctant to go for yet another boring Silver car, but after I saw how gorgeous the 2.0TSi looked in the pictures from last years Frankfurt Motor Show, I knew the Silver R would be a wise choice. :nod:

Later,
George
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Looks good.

Might pop up and have a squint in the flesh next week when the vessel i'm on comes in to port. ;)
Georgeous

Post by Georgeous »

Andy-GTI wrote:Might pop up and have a squint in the flesh next week when the vessel i'm on comes in to port. ;)
Be my guest, the last I heard was that it was sat outside getting poo'd on by seagulls, or scurries as we like to call them. :fall:

So the next email to the dealer will be to ask them why it's not parked in a nice warm corner of their showroom. :mad:

Later,
George