UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
LadyRocR
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Post by LadyRocR »

Dealer popped round tonight to pick up some paperwork for the numberplate transfer for hubby's new runaround. Tells me that I am still unconfirmed at week 17 - cue :mad:

But then he tells me that today a Roc R AND a Golf R have arrived at the dealership - both brand new, not orders.. STOCK cars from VW!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Black Roc and Silver Golf! He has no clue what the hell VW are playing at! He confirms that Golf R orders are stopped as all 500 are allegedly sold, but VW have these cars which are now out there and available. He isn't aware of their specs but he thinks both are manuals and are basic models. Definately not leather for example. Why oh why do VW do this..... spend time building stock cars while their loyal (?) customers are made to wait.

He is as frustrated as I am as he has a car on order for his wife and his mother in law (new polos) and VW are playing the same game with them too!

So if you want a Black RocR or a Silver GolfR.... I know the dealership that has them!

LadyRocR
x
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Post by Chungster »

Time to speak to someone senior at VW HQ in MK! I might go round there to vent your frustration for you as it's not on really.

Feel free to pm your name / dealer and i'll see if I can go round there this week to find out whats going on for ya.

:)
Last edited by Chungster on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

Wonder how many Roc's are left? :?
SilverChariot
Options: Acutally, it's a Golf R.

Post by SilverChariot »

It sounds like your buying experience has been as infuriating as mine (though I'm waiting for a Golf R). Here's what I did:
As some of you are aware, I was recently informed by my dealer that my Golf R was delayed until mid-June (it should have been arriving March).

As I'm sure you can appreciate, I was more than a little peeved by this. So, I phoned VW Customer Services (VWCS) on 0800 083 3914. I spoke to one of their staff, who was helpful but not really able to do anything to resolve the issue over the telephone.

So, I decided to write a letter stating my grievances.

Within 1 week of sending the letter, I received a phone call from VWCS confirming receipt of my letter. They provided a case number and told me they would get back to me within 72 hours.

I've just phoned them to chase (as it's coming up to 72 hours). After providing my case number, I was promptly put through to one of their senior staff.

I was offered financial compensation (i.e. a discount), promise of a hire car from 22 March 2010 (20 weeks after my order date) until delivery of my R and a meal out for my family paid for by VW. Crikey, they must be making some money on the R.

Anyhow, I'm shocked. I was excepting a fight.

So there you go, VWCS have done their job. I now feel suitably compensated and I'm a happy customer again. Bring on June!
I am now happy to wait. :nod:
Last edited by trix on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

PhilS

Post by PhilS »

thats some deal you got there mate the meal is an odd sweetener too, biggest steak on the house and pile in the drinks haha!
martinjrose
In: Deep Black
Options: Pretty much all the trimmings

Post by martinjrose »

I'm in the same boat Lady I'm also week 17 now with the same sort of spec. There must be something in our car thats a problem. But I have complained quite alot, and am getting put on a priority build list :) hopefully. Of course this could all be talk, but I have to have faith.
Nick Roc
With a: Manual box
Options: 20" TSW Portier wheels, rear parking sensors, electric folding door mirrors, dyna audio, leather. APR RSC TBE, APR FUEL PUMP, REVO STAGE 2+, EVOMS & Forge DV & Forge Short Shifter. Lambo Ballon White Custom Paint.

Post by Nick Roc »

spamdog, i spoke to my dealer today who told me that vw are not no going to limit the number of scirocco r's now and said that people can still order them now!! maybe i should re-order & see f i can get before the one i orignally ordered back in the begining of nov!!!
steve H
Options: 19" Wheels Leather Sunroof Parking sensor Dynaudio Folding mirrors

Post by steve H »

What is going on!!

My car has gone from week 11 to 15 and my dealer has just got a white Roc R with 19's and manual box come into stock with no buyer. He said they did not even know it was being delivered.

I told them I would probably cancel mine and they have offered me a hire car from now (16 weeks) and some discount. I told them I would think about it and decide over the weekend. I tried a year old 335D M sport today. Less money than the Roc and fully loaded. It's got to be tempting... Poxy VW!
steve H

Post by steve H »

Forgot to say, I tried the white one and it was pretty damn good, so I might just hang on if they are really nice to me.
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Hi Steve

I wondered about the hire car offer, but I am still enjoying my Roc so wouldn't be happy being put into another car! My dealer was also surprised when the 2 cars turned up! He doesn't know what VW are playing at

BUT... today the Golf R he has on order for another customer has been CONFIRMED at week14 - it was at 17 with mine yesterday. So fingers crossed that mine will be confirmed in the next day or 2!

ladyRocR
x
ed2708
In: Deep Black
Options: leather
19" rims
rear parking sensors

Post by ed2708 »

steve
how long u had your roc on order?
am annoyed that they are making more than the 500. is this right?
what sorta discount were u offered?
thanks
ed
SilverChariot

Post by SilverChariot »

LadyRocR wrote: BUT... today the Golf R he has on order for another customer has been CONFIRMED at week14 - it was at 17 with mine yesterday. So fingers crossed that mine will be confirmed in the next day or 2!

LadyRocR

A car is only CONFIRMED approximately 2 weeks before build starts, so it cannot be confirmed at week 14. I guess it's moved forward from week 17 to 14, but it's still factory scheduled (i.e. subject to change) not confirmed. I would expect the trend to be build dates moving forward now scrappage has finished and the pre-VAT increase rush of orders have been built.

All the best
SC
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

steve H

Post by steve H »

Hi Ed and LadyRocR

My R was ordered in 13th Nov. The order was accepted on the 18th.

I have had two Roc GT's both with DSG and it is fantastic in the Roc. I had a R32 with DSG and didn't like it much. My dealer in Cornwall thinks DGS's don't sell well and I got an offer of 21.5k from a Plymouth dealer for my 09 plate candy white Roc with DSG, leather, roof and dynaudio and let them have it. So my wife is without a car and has borrowed one. The hire car would therefore help us out. I have my own car.

The discount offered will only amount to about 500 but it all helps.

The manual R I tried today was really good but still think the DSG works great in these cars. It's worth waiting for.

Steve
kash

Post by kash »

Hi,

Just to update on my own situation. Like people have mentioned my dealer also got a manual basic spec R delivered last week. They told me that this was to run as a demo and that it could not be sold for 3-6 months as part of them being able to get it. This was all whilst i stated i would be canceling due to the wait and wanted to buy the one they had (glad i didnt as the spec was no good, but they would let me anyway).

I also found out this week that my white DSG will all options (bar paint) will be built week 14, this is confirmed. VW customer service told me over the phone and I went into the dealers yesterday to have them check, it is indeed confirmed as per the print out they gave me from their system.

I would think many are going to be built over the coming 4 weeks and we should all be sorted soon, or at least thats how it is now, lets see next month : )
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

Silver Chariot... am not understanding what you mean LOL :shrug:

The Golf R is confirmed as week14... why cant this be the case?? Do you mean that if dealer said it is confirmed at 14, it will be built in 16? :? Kash above has been told his will be built week 14 - just like the Golf R order.

LadyRocR
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

SC is saying build weeks are only confirmed 2 weeks before it is built...so to have it confirmed 4 weeks beforehand (as its only BW 10 at the mo), in his opinion, is "not possible".

But kash it seems has enough proof to put SC's theory in doubt.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

It is more like 3 to 4 weeks. At 2 weeks, the sub assemblies are already coming together and some will include option customisations. So dedicated to a car's build.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
SilverChariot

Post by SilverChariot »

RW1 wrote:It is more like 3 to 4 weeks. At 2 weeks, the sub assemblies are already coming together and some will include option customisations. So dedicated to a car's build.

C.
Hmmm. Quite possible - so it could be confirmed. Hopefully mine jumps forward too. Was BW20 at start of March.

Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

RW1 wrote:It is more like 3 to 4 weeks. At 2 weeks, the sub assemblies are already coming together and some will include option customisations. So dedicated to a car's build.

C.
This ties in with my experience,Ordered a GT in October 09 and a R in November 09. Confirmed BW 52 (was confirmed wk48) and Confirmed BW 9 (was confirmed BW5).
Solar Orange TT RS