Will this fit??

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
CTRnutter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Will this fit??

Post by CTRnutter »

Ok I know its trivial, but I dont really like the way the cup holders are on show at the fron't and was thinking of this>>>>>

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw- ... 0-240.html

Thought it might tidy up the look a bit, already have the pedals sorted, and the GT Badge, and thought this might look quite smart
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
martdy
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: Will this fit??

Post by martdy »

I was thinking the same as my Gti has It and looks much better. If it does fit I think it's quite a strip down (including centre armrest) to do it. I think you should give it a go and then do a step by step instruction video for us all:clap:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

I might just do that!! lol I think it looks more complete and well thought out, to be honest drinks and food are banned from my car so all it ends up holding is my phone etc, because when the phone and keys are in the door they rattle when I am playing bassy music :) ;)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
iroc
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

^ + 1. on martdy's idea. :clap:
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

A VW bottle opener is not included in this item
LOL I thought so, that cost me £18 to replace as when I bought my Golf it was missing.

The cup holders are currently being used to hold my phone, but I have had drinks in there - only the driver is allowed!
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

CTRnutter wrote:Ok I know its trivial, but I dont really like the way the cup holders are on show at the fron't and was thinking of this>>>>>

http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw- ... 0-240.html

Thought it might tidy up the look a bit, already have the pedals sorted, and the GT Badge, and thought this might look quite smart

Well volunteered :clap: :clap: :clap:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
JayR
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather - Dynaudio - DAB - Electric Mirrors - Badge Deletion - Milltek Catback Exhaust - Forge DV - Stage 1 GIAC Switchable Re-Map

Post by JayR »

anyone know how easy/complicated this would be?

:?

JayR
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

CTRnutter wrote:to be honest drinks and food are banned from my car
I'm with you on that one :nod:

I think this mod is exactly what I would do if it works. The cup holders were the only part of the interior i wasn't keen on
I luv Roc!
JonR356
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors, cruise control, flat tyre sensor, mats

Post by JonR356 »

+1
Build week 44, collection date 24/11/08
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

Blimey I know I am going to regret this lol, I have ordered the part might take a little while to get to me as it says usually despatched within 5 working days..

I cant even see where to begin when I had a look at the car this morn, but going to do a little digging and see if the golf instructions etc might give me a clue. I will post pics and type up a guide when it arrives!

Wish me luck ha ha :D
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

It'll fit, the centre consoles are the same and they share common part numbers for the non covered part, but the colour code is not the same, the Scirocco is titanium black and that is anthracite, so it may not match very well.

Checking the workshop mauals it looks like a fair bit of trim has to coem out to fit it, but nothing too difficult.
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

I believe the interior is: anthracite... that's what more order shows
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

easybreeze wrote:I believe the interior is: anthracite... that's what more order shows

Wrong!

Its titanium black ,the parts catalogue confirms it. The scirocco cup holder part is not the same colour as those used inthe golf range, they have different colour codes.

It might be very similar, or it might look crap.
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

Andy-GTI wrote:
easybreeze wrote:I believe the interior is: anthracite... that's what more order shows

Wrong!

Its titanium black ,the parts catalogue confirms it. The scirocco cup holder part is not the same colour as those used inthe golf range, they have different colour codes.

Such the optomist, first on cleaning now on fitting parts :p ;)
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

My order through LloydsTSB Autolease has Anthracite... perhaps it's to do with the Merlin Cloth? Black was reject from the dealer apparently :?
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

CTRnutter wrote:
Andy-GTI wrote:

Wrong!

Such the optomist, first on cleaning now on fitting parts :p ;)

What is the part number of the part you ordered?

I've just had another look, after a couple of catalogue updates, and Part No 1K0 862 531A UBA is the one you need, Black , and its used in OEM with the same centre console as the scirocco in the 2009 Golf.

If its anthracite its part no 1K0 862 531A UJA then its the wrong one, as VW didnt fit that with the same centre consol as the scirocco. It'll still fit, but more chance of it being the wrong colour. :)
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Any updates on this? Did it fit /right colour or not?
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

martdy wrote:Any updates on this? Did it fit /right colour or not?
Cancelled it in the end, when I'm next in the VW garage I'm going to have a look at the MK VI Golf and check the colours are the same, also I want to see the instructions which my friend is getting as apparently there is a hell of lot work involved to fit it :rolleyes: :)
cole trickle
Options: Anthracite leather, Sat Nav, Parking sensors, VW mats, cruise control, Revo remap, Sachs clutch and Quaife LSD

Post by cole trickle »

Which begs the question, why did they not fit it as standard :fall:

My girlfriends MkV Golf has it and I do quite fancy it in the rocco.
'Rubbin' son is racing'
martdy

Post by martdy »

CTRnutter wrote:
martdy wrote:Any updates on this? Did it fit /right colour or not?
Cancelled it in the end, when I'm next in the VW garage I'm going to have a look at the MK VI Golf and check the colours are the same, also I want to see the instructions which my friend is getting as apparently there is a hell of lot work involved to fit it :rolleyes: :)
OK Mate thanks