Collected mine today

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
JonR356
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking sensors, cruise control, flat tyre sensor, mats

Collected mine today

Post by JonR356 »

Just picked my car up from the dealer, and went the long way home, about 100 miles, rather than do the slog down the motorway (meant I could vary the engine speeds etc)

Really chuffed with it. Not had chance to give it a good thrash yet, but I'd forgotten what a comfortable, civilised car it is. Plugged in the iPhone, got settled, and had a great drive home.

Only downside is a few very minor swirls in the black paint from the dealer prep, but I'll soon sort that in the spring.

Pics to follow!
Build week 44, collection date 24/11/08
iroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Collected mine today

Post by iroc »

Congrats mate and enjoy. :rally:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

enjoy and congratulations
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

Have fun ...... I'm sure you will :jump:
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

JonR356 wrote:Not had chance to give it a good thrash yet
I would run it in a little before you do...
JonR356

Post by JonR356 »

Yep, I certainly will. Running it in carefully at present. Had a couple of trips to 5000 RPM and 1 to the redline, but generally taking it easy, varying the revs etc.
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Do you really need to run an engine in nowadays?

If so isn't it better to trun it in 'enthusiastically' if you want the maximum performance?

That's what i've always done with my motorbikes.....

I think the first couple of hundred miles might be the only concern but when is the 1st service on these things?
nicklomvardos
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons,rear parking sensors,panoramic sunroof,sat nav,foldable door mirrors,dynaudio,electric 12 way seat,leather,mats,metal pedals,door sills,blue tooth,flat tyre indic and auto glym life shine.

Post by nicklomvardos »

can,t wait to see it.bring your camera down with you and we can take a photo of my chippie in the back ground.lol
JonR356

Post by JonR356 »

My car is set up for the 'long life' servicing as a company car. So it could potentially do 20,000 miles before the first oil change. Which reinforces the idea that it's really run in on the rollers at the factory.

Needless to say, as I'm thinking of keeping the car after the lease I'll be changing the oil myself much more regularly than that.

Nick, I'll see you over the weekend, and bring the camera. Have the chippers ready, and some mushy peas :)
gossa

Post by gossa »

I had Ducatis and the engines are bench run in, I've had four new motorbikes in the last three years and always ridden them pretty hard from new including trackdays. I reckon modern day engines are run in pretty well but will check my manual to see when the first service is.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

I like to run in my cars for say 500 miles this allows the oil to get around the engine and the brakes etc to bed in there is a lot more moving parts other than the engine :) after five hundred try and use varying revs etc and throw in a couple fo hard runs... Now its up to 2500 miles, I give it stick and the car is loosening up more and more every day as a consequence... watch out for understeer though guys, as its pretty awful especially powering out of corners. This is something that will defo have to be addressed for us keen track day loons!!!

maybe have to get a carbon bonnet (sprayed to match though) springs etc, and of course R888's in summer it might help, as sir_rocco pointed out the way the car has been designed there is probably a lot of weight at the front which is causing this :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

CTRnutter wrote:watch out for understeer though guys, as its pretty awful especially powering out of corners.
notice you are running dunlops sp sports on yours ctrnutter, the pirellis on mine after the initial bedding in are better than expected given the type of year, how long they will last is another question, curious how others are finding them

never been an dunlop fan ass they were pants on my Mk3 gti and first A3, the old vw trait on golfs used to be drive it harder to unsettle the rear and it dug in

i was gentle runnng it in, with 2.5k on the clock it has not used any oil (previous tsi's have), yesterday was proably the first time to really enjoy driving the thing across country through the cotsworlds on some great a roads and was really impressed by the handling and ability to carry speed through corners, also like it when you park it up after a work out you get the nice crackle sound off the hot exhaust
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
gossa

Post by gossa »

I've got the Pirellis, had them before and think they are great, can defo feel the understeer but not excessive with these tyres
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

Just let the engine get up to temperature and then drive it like you stole it!