RCD 510 REVERSE CAMERA

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
rocafella
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

RCD 510 REVERSE CAMERA

Post by rocafella »

Hi
I was looking at the accessories for the roc on the VW site and noticed they had the normal RCD 510 MP3 ,CD, but also noticed an RCD510 reverse camera capable. Has this always been there and i've just missed it or have they just added it. Didn't see a retro fit camera though.

Cheers
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: RCD 510 REVERSE CAMERA

Post by trix »

some models (eg Golf) have the reverse camera as an option contained in the boot handle. currently because of how the Roc boot does not have an external handle you can not have this option but the RCD510 is fitted into a number of models in the vw range so must have compatability with all options. the compatability will always have been there, i guess they mention it for people getting a lesser spec radio who want to upgrade & had this option originally specced

S
rocafella
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: pearl deep black,folding mirrors,flat tyre indicator,parking sensors, ss pedals.

Post by rocafella »

Ah ok thanks
It's just that it was under the roc section and was a different part number to the RCD510 MP3 CD, just threw me a bit as i had read that the reverse camera might be an option on the new models.

Cheers
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Its due in May 2010 on the MY2011 updates I believe as factory option. Needs a rear hatch metal work change or will be implemented differently on the Scirocco. There are items inside the hatch area which don't permit the camera unit in the badge (not the wiper motor), so the production change is not straight forward.

Retro fit may be a bit more tricky for a retro kit. See whats involved here, not simple but this method won't fit in the rear hatch of the current Sciroccos.

http://cameluk.co.cc/camera.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!