I Am Bored Of It Already !!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

I Am Bored Of It Already !!

Post by silver130 »

The gearlever that is... :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's the little things that get to me in the end. Most of it is just pennypinching too.
1. The rubber pedals.. Changed to Metal ones.
2. the plain plastic "metal" steering wheel emblem.. Changed for GT emblem one.
3. the gearlever. Only on the manual mind you. The DSG one is fine. It is the same as any other manual VW..

Well I have bit the bullet and ordered a new one. Should be a direct replacement too. I have ordered an R32 leather/alloy gear lever yesterday. should have it on Tuesday.

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking the same.. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: I Am Bored Of It Already !!

Post by rehmondo »

Yes but what can you do, VW group are good at cutting costs.

You forgot..

#4. The cloth at the side of the leather seats - seats not entirely leather.
#5. I think the steering wheel and dials should have been like the new MK6 GTI and not the same as the MK5 version - but I can live with it.

If you thing thats bad wait till you see the indside of an £80K R8 some of the components are the same as what can be found in a £26k TT.
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

rehmondo wrote:#4. The cloth at the side of the leather seats - seats not entirely leather.
Any decent photos of this?
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

I had another peak at one in my local showroom on Sat,

Noticed there are no gas struts on the bonnet either ( unlike Mk5 GTI ) was a bit taken aback by that, it seems to me they have deliberatley made this car as plain as it can be, and, is there an official option for Aluminium pedals / door sills in the scirocco range? because i couldnt find it in the options list?

Im not so enamoured with this car anymore, its much blander than the iroc concept, and dont tell me its cost cutting, they could have easily put the original concept into production, i would have paid more for it, if they had it would have been an instant icon / future classic,..but no.. lets make it more boring, shame on you VW.

They have missed a trick with this car, it could have been so much more.
robrob
In: Deep Black
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

albertz33 wrote:I had another peak at one in my local showroom on Sat,

Noticed there are no gas struts on the bonnet either ( unlike Mk5 GTI ) was a bit taken aback by that, it seems to me they have deliberatley made this car as plain as it can be, and, is there an official option for Aluminium pedals / door sills in the scirocco range? because i couldnt find it in the options list?

Im not so enamoured with this car anymore, its much blander than the iroc concept, and dont tell me its cost cutting, they could have easily put the original concept into production, i would have paid more for it, if they had it would have been an instant icon / future classic,..but no.. lets make it more boring, shame on you VW.

They have missed a trick with this car, it could have been so much more.
What? Gas struts on the bonnet, that would have made it a better car? Do me a favor, the car is brilliant and while door sills and aluminum pedals are nice, who cares? unless you are an 18 year old...
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

rehmondo wrote:#4. The cloth at the side of the leather seats - seats not entirely leather.
Yes I noticed that when I first took the car for a test drive and thought it was strange, and a bit cheap.
I was also surprised that none of the reviews mentioned this, but to be honest it’s not the end of the world and doesn’t bother me too much.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

robrob wrote:What? Gas struts on the bonnet, that would have made it a better car? Do me a favor,
^+1

As for the pedals £88 + fitting unless you can do them yourself and door sills £72 and take 2 minutes to fit
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I open my bonnet about four times a year. I'd rather save the weight and have a single bit of metal than a heavy gas strut.

I'd rather they added the pedals. That seems a bit of penny pinching.
heavymetalmayhem
Options: Leather, DSG, premium mats.

Post by heavymetalmayhem »

robrob wrote:
Yes I noticed that when I first took the car for a test drive and thought it was strange, and a bit cheap.
I was also surprised that none of the reviews mentioned this, but to be honest it’s not the end of the world and doesn’t bother me too much.
Had the car a month and done 1200 miles. I did not notice this until yesterday. Enough said.
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

Kev wrote:I open my bonnet about four times a year. I'd rather save the weight and have a single bit of metal than a heavy gas strut.
My sentiments exactly. Plus apparently it's safer in a front-on crash (not sure if that's really true or not)
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Kev wrote:I open my bonnet about four times a year.
No weekly fluids checks then? What about filling up with windscreen wash?

Having said that, the thought of the 'roc not having a gas strut doesn't bother me
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

iambu wrote:
Kev wrote:I open my bonnet about four times a year.
No weekly fluids checks then? What about filling up with windscreen wash?

Having said that, the thought of the 'roc not having a gas strut doesn't bother me
Nope. I only fill the screenwash about twice a year and one of those is done by the garage in the service. A litre and a half of oil a couple of times a year and that's it.
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

yes there has been some cost cutting on behalf of vw but if they had made it bespoke it would have put it in another price range and put it up against the hairdressers favourite the tt the small niggles that have been pointed out I can live with. The one question I have to ask is if its that bad why did you buy one? I have had mine for three weeks now and I've never owned a car that turns so many heads and that will do for me
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

wullie636 wrote:I have had mine for three weeks now and I've never owned a car that turns so many heads and that will do for me
If the whole point of getting the Roc was to turn heads, you could have spent so much less on a different car and painted it pink! Or borrowed Clarkson's car from his american adventure!
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

Easy Tigers.....

I only said i was bored of the gearlever :? :? :?

I Totally 100% love the car to bits in all other respects. mind you i reckon i must be the only person in Leicetershire with one I haven't seen another one on the road yet.
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
wullie636
In: Salsa Red
Options: dynaudio dab leather mats premium sills

Post by wullie636 »

a point for mister c what is the point of the roco
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Hey, its just my opinion, it smacks of costcutting, despite all this its a great car and i still ordered one, but in some respects its more basic than what i had previously, i just wonder if its been deliberately down graded for the sake of some future GT -R type model where these items will be as standard. FYI the gas strut is tiny, its weight gain over the normal arrangement is minimal, and if you had one you would immediatley notice the benefit, i have had one for 3 years, and its a good idea, the bonnet stays open, no chance of it collapsing on your head when your heads under it. The only reason apart from cost cutting could be the length of the bonnet, its much longer than a GTI so maybe its a weight issue.

And if you only open your bonnet three times a year then your not much of a motorist, i look forward to passing by you on the M1, you will be the one on the hard shoulder with the smoke comming out of your bonnet with the sheepish look on your face.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

albertz33 wrote:And if you only open your bonnet three times a year then your not much of a motorist, i look forward to passing by you on the M1, you will be the one on the hard shoulder with the smoke comming out of your bonnet with the sheepish look on your face.
I think his point was that he doesn't need to as by the time he should look at it, it's due for a service and the garage do any topping up etc

The dealer told me to check the oil once a week for the first month, I've been doing that but so far don't feel the need to top it up as its always above half, is that normal for a new car?
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Hi all, my first post so be gentle. Went with a mate today and looked at Roc, TT and Audi A5. Was really interested in the A5 but was offered a killer deal today so placed a deposit on the Roc. The equivelent TT was stupid money and my kids won't fit in the back and the spec of A5 I liked was £30K plus which was pushing it. Personally I think the interior isn't far off the TT, some things I prefer and overall the car was very impressive quality wise.

I never looked under the bonnet but I will when I need to. My criteria is the drive and I drove the DSG at the weekend and loved it. The only dissapointment was that I wanted Xenons on my next car and none have them yet.

I've bought a Black 2.0 GT DSG with leather, panaramic roof and winter pack with only 800 miles on the clock, can't wait to collect.

Look forward to hanging out here.

Gossa
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

It depends, other people i know who had the 2.0 TFSI engine in the mk5 had to constantly top up the oil when new, it is still prudent to check the oil regularly, as by the time your warning light comes on, you could already have done some damage, there was a publicity drive recently, i cant remember who by, to make people more aware of checking their oil level, i suppose it depends on the amount of milage you do, i do 20K a year, and in winter the screenwash gets refilled 2 - 3 times a week, i have lost count of the amount of rep mobiles / hire cars ive seen f*cked by the side of the motorway thru poor maintanance.

This pales into insignificance compared to my mates RX8, he has to refill with oil, almost every other fuel refill!!