Extension MDi

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
badpanda
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Extension MDi

Post by badpanda »

Do you know if it is possible to get an extension cable for the the MDI ? It's just that I bought a SatNav app for me iPhone and would like to dash mount but keep the phone plugged in.
Josh

Re: Extension MDi

Post by Josh »

I've been wondering about this too as would like to put the TomTom app on the iphone, rather than having iphone and seperate tomtom.

There's one available here: http://cablejive.com/extendercable.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but US based... just trying to find a UK supplier.

Out of interest which SatNav app have you gone for?

And how does it work if you've got music playing via the iphone, and if you get a call etc?

Was thinking of getting a handsfree bluetooth kit for the iphone, just not sure how well it will work with music/sat nav.
badpanda
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Re: Extension MDi

Post by badpanda »

Cheers for the reply,

I bought Co-Pilot as it was only £25. When I installed it the blasted thing never worked and i left it for an hour to try pick up a gps signal. With still no luck I was pretty mad and then read some reviews and people said the same thing.

So anyway I uninstalled it and reinstalled, activated whilst plugged in the PC, stepped outside and worked like a treat.

Not tried with music yet but I am lead to believe it works well and as for bluetooth I'd just press the speaker phone button, but normally refuse to answer the phone.