Smokers Pack

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
leanneq
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Smokers Pack

Post by leanneq »

I'm a non smoker but keep seeing this mentioned to add it. What does it look like with and without?
chojin
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Rear Park Assist
Cruise Control
Floor Mats

Re: Smokers Pack

Post by chojin »

not sure, but i ordered mine without the smoker's pack and wonder if i'll regret it!
I'm certainly regretting not ordering the type pressure sensor :(
Ordered: July 6th
Build week: 45 - Took delivery build week 48
Spec: GT TDI140, Candy White, Rear Parking Assist, Cruise Control, Factory Mats.
Duffman
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Xenons, Leather seats, winterpack, cruise control, rear parking sensors, Dynaudio, flat tyre sensor, F & R mats, supagard and a smokers pack for a non smoker

Post by Duffman »

Hi Leanne,

This was something I had pondered aswell. I too am a non smoker but hadnt specced it until I read on the forum how some thought it looked better than just an open compartment, which I subscribed to. I contacted my dealer to find out a bit more and they added it to my spec for no extra cost. I've sourced a couple of comparison pics from this site so you can see for yourself. Its a £15 extra and imho well worth it (as I mentioned in my earlier post about the smoking pack its somewhere less to vac around! :vibes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scirocco
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Order it for sure. You get a nice lid over the ash tray which definately improves the look. I regret not getting one but way back in June 08 when I ordered I hadnt even seen a Scirocco in the flesh....
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Whereas I like the open compartment as my TomTom sits in there quite nicely with a full signal strength. Probs wouldn't fit if the compartment was covered.
leanneq
Options: Black Leather, Xenons, Parking sensors, tyre pressure indicator, folding wingmirrors.....and dynaudio....and smokers pack even though i don't smoke!

Post by leanneq »

Duffman wrote:Hi Leanne,

This was something I had pondered aswell. I too am a non smoker but hadnt specced it until I read on the forum how some thought it looked better than just an open compartment, which I subscribed to. I contacted my dealer to find out a bit more and they added it to my spec for no extra cost. I've sourced a couple of comparison pics from this site so you can see for yourself. Its a £15 extra and imho well worth it (as I mentioned in my earlier post about the smoking pack its somewhere less to vac around! :vibes:
Thank you that is exactly what i needed! Just waiting for my dealer to call me back anyway so i am definitely getting it. Much prefer it covered :clap:
leanneq

Post by leanneq »

All added ( and dynaudio :D ...) thanks everyone really appreciate the help
Downtown_two
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: -
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

Dammit, I didn't know that and I definately prefer the smokers lovely cover. I turned my nose up at the dealer when he mentioned the smokers pack "Me, smoking?!!??!"
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009
Built - 21st September 2009
Pickup - 21st October 2009

Gone!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

downtown you can get the bits off ebay or from the dealer & do it yourself there is a thread on here explaining it all, thats what i'm doing as i don't want the ashtray but the covered stowage compartment which has more space but still the lid (is obviously more expensive than having it factory fit).

S
Downtown_two
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

Ah good news, definately worth a go. Cheers Trix.
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009

Gone!
Crafty
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking sensors, black leather, sat/nav, blue fin

Post by Crafty »

leanne get it..... i didn't got it retro fitted and cost me loads more......it looks so much neater
Rising Blue 2L petrol, SatNav, Rear sensors, black leather, mats, de-badged, Bluefin, smokers pack, covered drinks holder, pipercoss filter,Neuspeed torque arm insert, smoked back lights, vag-com
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

I dont have the smokers pack, and personally prefer the storage space, as above, my tomtom fits in it and if not the tomtom, my wallet, work keys etc go in there. What I would like to add to it is led lighting. My dads A3 has the same cubby hole, and it has a red led above it to illuminte it and its well handy.
ONtheROCs
Options: 19" Luganos, Dynaudio, DAB, Parking Sensors, Smoking Pack, Tyre Pressure Ind (whatever that does), Fiscon and boot liner!

Now gone

Post by ONtheROCs »

Thanks for the thread. I checked my brochure (Issue 1 - July 2009) and it makes no reference to the smokers pack in the interior pics and shows the cover/ashtray thing when it is clearly there. I don't smoke but agree it looks better with the cover. I don't need the lighter so would prefer the 12v cover thingy. We'll see.....
Downtown_two
19" Talledega
Recaro Seats
Cruise Control
Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by Downtown_two »

alanstead wrote:I dont have the smokers pack, and personally prefer the storage space, as above, my tomtom fits in it and if not the tomtom, my wallet, work keys etc go in there. What I would like to add to it is led lighting. My dads A3 has the same cubby hole, and it has a red led above it to illuminte it and its well handy.
Yea I noticed that on my Dads A3 recently, look very very nice. I imagine it would be fairly easy to do, doesn't need to look nice since its tucked away from view.
GT 140 TDI
Ordered - 19th July 2009

Gone!
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

It costs about £65 to retrofit, but can be done in about 15 minutes if you know what you are doing.
Better to spec it if you have the chance.

There is a step-by-step over in the mod section somewhere :)