Front wheel camber

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
colincl
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: none

Front wheel camber

Post by colincl »

Had a puncture - the tyre was seriously worn on the inside. The other less so. Kwik Fit thought it was the tracking. But it wasnt it was the Camber. They dont do camber adjustment and didnt know anyone who would. The car is a 2017 2.0 TSI R-Line. The car has not suffered damage. Does anyone know if the camber can actually be adjusted and corrected ? Thanks
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Re: Front wheel camber

Post by bigkris06 »

I would suggest looking for any worn / damaged parts, worn bushes and or top mounts can cause such issues. Although you say the car has not suffered any damage, it may have suffered some sort of damage prior to your ownership. Have a look through previous mot’s to see if there’s any indication there.
Hope this helps
PGN
In: Rising Blue
Options: Metallic Paint, Cruise Control, Rear Park Sensors, Foldable Door Mirrors
Dynaudio Package, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Factory Floor Mats

Post by PGN »

Camber adjustment is only possible by moving the front subframe. Officially that means all the stretch bolts should be replaced, which is a pain. I don't think camber is ultra critical unless it's wildly out. More likely caused by a combination of camber and tracking.
colincl
In: Deep Black
Options: none

Post by colincl »

Thats a lot for the replies. Very helpful and much appreciated.