Does MY2010 have different front lights???

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
rako
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Alarm, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Mirror Pack, Multifunction Steering Wheel, Smoking Pack, Sport Pack, 18'' Interlagos, Dynaudio, Badgeless Back

Does MY2010 have different front lights???

Post by rako »

I'm wondering whether there has been any change to the front lights while introducing MY2010 ??
The confusion comes from the fact that mine are white beam (see picture below) but whenever I see an other rocco live or on a photo, it has that sort of yellowish beam of light which differs from below (maybe someone can post a picture as I cannot find anything suitable now)

Btw: I never ordered xenons and doubt I'd have them.

jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Re: Does MY2010 have different front lights???

Post by jonallen628 »

See image below, Xenon units look very different.
headlights.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
chr15
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

I saw a MY2010 Scirocco yesterday behind me in traffic and the lights were quite white. They looked whiter than the earlier cars I have seen without the Xenon's. It definately didn't have Xenon's though. So maybe the bulbs have been changed?
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

First "mod" I did to my '09 was upgrade the headlight bulbs to Osram silver stars (I think thats what their called!) much better than stock :yes:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Digiman
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: none

Post by Digiman »

Hi, Did you update Dipped and main beam and were they easy to fit, Cheers
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Yep,did both . Take your time and follow the hand book and you'll be fine :nod:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Digiman
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: none

Post by Digiman »

Where can you get them from, mail order or local accessory shop, Thanks
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

martdy wrote:Yep,did both . Take your time and follow the hand book and you'll be fine :nod:
Had a quick look at this the other day. Took off the rubber caps and reached for the bulb holder. It all seems to be deeply recessed inside the headlight housing and all finger=tip work :eek:
Might get a gynaecologist to give me a hand on this one :)
martdy

Post by martdy »

ZephyR wrote:
martdy wrote:Yep,did both . Take your time and follow the hand book and you'll be fine :nod:
Had a quick look at this the other day. Took off the rubber caps and reached for the bulb holder. It all seems to be deeply recessed inside the headlight housing and all finger=tip work :eek:
Might get a gynaecologist to give me a hand on this one :)
I'm no gynaecologist but i'm very good with my hands!
agree it is a little tricky but as i said take your time and you'll be fine :yes:
I bought mine off ebay , both are H7 types and redily available - good luck
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

i am on business here in Istanbul and from what i have seen from the turkish Vw website, they seems to include xenons by default, and has a mich nicer standard alloys

also have the option of of the 140bhp engine.

but fewer other options. i think the light is necessary here as street lights are less then the UK.

BTW, the basic 1.4 TSI cost 29k euros here...thats almost 27k GBP!
rimshot
In: Deep Black

Post by rimshot »

skyblues11 wrote: BTW, the basic 1.4 TSI cost 29k euros here...thats almost 27k GBP!
Oh please, here in singapore, our standard spec 1.4TSI (DSG, leather, locally fitted parking sensors, 18" interlagos, WITHOUT DCC) costs 99kSGD or 41.6k GBP after tax...
Recce
In: Salsa Red
Options: Black Vienna leather seats, Interlagos, DAB Radio, Rear parking sensor

Post by Recce »

rimshot wrote:
skyblues11 wrote: BTW, the basic 1.4 TSI cost 29k euros here...thats almost 27k GBP!
Oh please, here in singapore, our standard spec 1.4TSI (DSG, leather, locally fitted parking sensors, 18" interlagos, WITHOUT DCC) costs 99kSGD or 41.6k GBP after tax...
Sorry to go off topic, but how much of that cost is the "Certificate of Entitlement"?
retboell
Options: New replacement RNS-510, Dynaudio, Sunroof, ACC, xenon, sport-package (upholstry, alloy pedals, etc.), winter pack, climatronic, parking sensor, media-in, cruise control, rain sensor, flat tyre indicator, multi fuction steering wheel, 18" interlagos , 17" Spa for winter tyres.

Post by retboell »

rimshot wrote:
I can't let this opportunity to "brag" about our Danish world record pass:

A std. spec. 1,4 TSI with DSG (cloth upholstry, 17" wheels, no parking sensors or DCC) is 399.000 DKK which is 53.600 Euro or 46.500 GBP - thanks to 180% tax...
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

i really feel for you guys who have such high tax rates in your countries, but can we make a move back towards the topic of lights please.
maybe start a new thread to get some real comparisons of prices across the world..
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

is 'trix' short for dominatrix? sorry, couldn't resist after your stern words there!!