The most exciting drive to home

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
sashpe
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Parking Sensors, Xenons, Dynaudio, MF Wheel, 2zone Aircon, Flat Tyre Indicator

The most exciting drive to home

Post by sashpe »

It is finally time to pick up my Roc. And what a pick-up it will be! From the plane into Heathrow to the dealer and right off to Bulgaria. About 1500 miles of driving across the continent - in a brand new Scirocco!!! I am a bit worried about driving 3 days in a row in a sports coupe as those are not the most famous cruisers but I am sure I will be fine. As long as I have no problems with police (temp reg numbers and insurance), and, of course, no accidents, I am sure I will enjoy every bit of it. I've been reading discussions on running-in and I hope my Roc would have "settled down" by the time I reach German autobahns. I've quite some time compiling a 16gb USB so the Dynaudio setup better be good :vibes:

Expect photos next week (I hope Austrian Alps provide amazing photo opps). Thanks for the tons of useful info in this forum that has made the 4 month wait manageable.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: The most exciting drive to home

Post by trix »

Wow that will be one amazing run in sashpe!!!

hope you have got plenty of batteries for the camera as the memory definitely needs to be preserved for the future!

Enjoy!!

S
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

Try to avoid long periods of cruising at the same RPM, on the motorways vary your speed now and then,

Running at a constant RPM whilst running in can cause glazing of the bores

Have fun :)
kurre3
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: *Dynaudio & Sat Nav, Lights and vision pack with xenon lights
*Premium- and sport pack (DCC, Interlagos, alcantara seats, mats, tinted widows, cruise, winter pack, climtronic, alarm,
black roof lining & black framed air vents)
- Tyre pressaure indicator & media in

Post by kurre3 »

Nobby wrote:Try to avoid long periods of cruising at the same RPM, on the motorways vary your speed now and then,

Was just to write the same! This will be an amazing pick-up, I hope you have a good camera! :yes:
Good luck mate! :)
youvebinaced
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

that is definitely how everyone should start there journey with a new roc. It sounds like so much fun, i can't imagine your going to be doing the best mpg for that time :D
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
sashpe
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Opal Silver
Options: Parking Sensors, Xenons, Dynaudio, MF Wheel, 2zone Aircon, Flat Tyre Indicator

Post by sashpe »

Nobby wrote:Try to avoid long periods of cruising at the same RPM, on the motorways vary your speed now and then,

Thanks! Didn't know that! Is 70 to 85mph good enough of a variance? I really doubt it that there is much of a difference in rpm varying between i.e. 77 and 83. May be I will revive the run-in topic.

My camera is not the best but it will do the job. It's sad that I will have to rush as I am putting my job at risk. Anyway...it is going to be awesome!
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

Yeah, I would think a difference of 10 -15 KMH variation should be fine on the long stretches

Just dont hit the cruise control & leave it at the same speed for 300 KM !

I'm sure you'll be be doing enough "playing with your new toy" to avoid this anyway even on the long boring motorway bits :)

You're gonna love this car !