Folding mirrors

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
paulmaddocks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Shadow Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Folding mirrors

Post by paulmaddocks »

For those with folding mirrors, I am sure I read somewhere on here that the mirrors fold in when going at speed?

If that is is the case, what about motorway driving? Surely that is the time when doing the highest speed and needing the mirrors the most?

Perhaps I just imagined the whole concept?

Thanks
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Folding mirrors

Post by wigit »

you can fold them on the move, not tested what speed up to
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
robrob
In: Deep Black
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

paulmaddocks wrote:For those with folding mirrors, I am sure I read somewhere on here that the mirrors fold in when going at speed?
What, automatically? not true, and if they did VW would need their heads seeing to!
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

paulmaddocks wrote:For those with folding mirrors, I am sure I read somewhere on here that the mirrors fold in when going at speed?
I can confirm this is definitely not the case, I've not tried folding them using the button at those speeds and I'm not going to, but they certainly don't fold in by themselves at high speeds.
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

I wonder if you get to maybe 100 if they just pinch in a little to reduce resistance up to the vmax rather than folding completely.