Silver Scirocco 1.4 TSI build

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Firstcarscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
With a: Manual box

Silver Scirocco 1.4 TSI build

Post by Firstcarscirocco »

Hello from the sunny Island of Malta

This is my silver 122BHP Manual 1.4tsi Scirocco in Silver, Although its NOT the twin charged version, it is the turbocharged model which is more reliable than the 160BHP one which, is known to give trouble.This happens to be my first car, below you will see the progress of the vehicle from the first day I got the car onwards, the first few pictures, show the car in its original state, slowly you will see the progress of the car, which I will be continuously updated as I make changes to it.

I hope you enjoy this thread, suggestions are more than welcome and comments are greatly appreciated.

Throughout this thread, you will see the progress the car goes through and descriptions of the Mods done!.

I have quite a few plans for the car, so stay tuned!.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Firstcarscirocco on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Firstcarscirocco

Re: Silver Scirocco journal

Got my wheels powder coated in gloss black and I added front and black matte balck VW badges.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Firstcarscirocco on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firstcarscirocco

Next up, was wrapping the roof in Avery Gloss Black wrapping Film, together with the mirror caps. And whilst I was at it I got my front headlight tinted, Simply gorgeous!.
Firstcarscirocco

giving her a wash!
Firstcarscirocco

Door sill installation. Sills where bought on this forum with super fast shipping and exceptional quality!
Firstcarscirocco

Who dosent like to pamper their car ? :clap:

I stripped off any existing wax

Claybarred the car

Wash

3 stage polish by hand

Whitelight as a glaze x2 layers

Jet seal as a sealent x2 layers

And finished off with a few layers f butter wet wax.
Firstcarscirocco

So, I had a small bumper "accident" and the car is at the body shop for some repairs, when I first bought the car the back and front bumper both needed new spray. So whilst its there the back and front bumpers will get repaired

I was thinking, whilst its there to spray the border around the front grill in the same colour as the rest of the car :rolleyes:

So heres a photoshop of how it should turn out

Photo 1 original
Photo 2 silver border
Photo 3 fog deletes and silver border
sciroccosam1
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black gloss Wolfrace Scorpio 17", Kenwood DAB Multimedia System, Dectane smoked LED sidelights/indicators, Smoked LED taillights, LED number plate lights, Front bumper lip, Personal numberplate, Privacy glass, Red brake calipers, Black gloss exhaust caps

Post by sciroccosam1 »

Love the door sills, I got some off Amazon (I think) last year but yours look much more stylish.
Firstcarscirocco

sciroccosam1 wrote:Love the door sills, I got some off Amazon (I think) last year but yours look much more stylish.
Thanks sciroccosam1, I got them through this forum. If im not mistaken thet are still available. :)
sciroccosam1
Options: Black gloss Wolfrace Scorpio 17", Kenwood DAB Multimedia System, Dectane smoked LED sidelights/indicators, Smoked LED taillights, LED number plate lights, Front bumper lip, Personal numberplate, Privacy glass, Red brake calipers, Black gloss exhaust caps

Post by sciroccosam1 »

Yeh I've seen them, they're only £50 as well for members, it's a really good price.
Firstcarscirocco

sciroccosam1 wrote:Yeh I've seen them, they're only £50 as well for members, it's a really good price.
Yes, those are the ones. Well worth it!
sciroccosam1

Post by sciroccosam1 »

These are the ones I have, they have a shiny finish.Image
Firstcarscirocco

sciroccosam1 wrote:These are the ones I have, they have a shiny finish.Image
Ah, I see, they are definately different
Jas23

Post by Jas23 »

Great to see a scirocco from Malta. I'm half Maltese and visit regularly and am always on the look out for a Rocco on the Rock!
Mostic
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
Options: Let's wait until I start the mods :)

Post by Mostic »

Firstcarscirocco wrote:
sciroccosam1 wrote:Love the door sills, I got some off Amazon (I think) last year but yours look much more stylish.
Thanks sciroccosam1, I got them through this forum. If im not mistaken thet are still available. :)
sciroccosam1 wrote:Yeh I've seen them, they're only £50 as well for members, it's a really good price.
Could you share the link for this sills?
I want to buy it.
Thx
Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=21372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MKV Build!
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firstcarscirocco

Jas23 wrote:Great to see a scirocco from Malta. I'm half Maltese and visit regularly and am always on the look out for a Rocco on the Rock!
Hahaha cheers mate, nice to see that there are other people with Maltese genes here :)
Firstcarscirocco

Mostic wrote:
Firstcarscirocco wrote:
Could you share the link for this sills?
I want to buy it.
Thx
Heres the link mate http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=5134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firstcarscirocco

BIG UPDATE LOVING THE NEW LOOK!!!!

So I decided to paint the border around the front grille, also the strips on the side from black to silver, in order to bkend with the body.

THE DROP
I decided to get a set of Eibach sport kit lowering spring, creating the perfect wheel arch gap
Last edited by Firstcarscirocco on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firstcarscirocco

Before/after comparison of lowerig the car
Zed123
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver

Re: Silver Scirocco 1.4 TSI build

Post by Zed123 »

How much did these springs drop the car by?